Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Grandmother of Five posted:

1) i'll never get a flu shot. i don't want a guaranteed 2-day cold in order to maybe avoid getting flu for a week. odds are you wont get a flu either way, and even if you do, you'll probably live.

You apparently don't actually understand why you get flu shots. The point of immunizing a population is to protect the members of said population who can't be immunized. People like myself have compromised immune systems and can die or be seriously injured from getting things like the flu, other people getting flu shots helps prevent us from being exposed to potentially fatal viruses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

GWBBQ posted:

:smith: I can completely understand if you didn't like his acting or comedy, I met him while he was filming Old Dogs (5% rating on Rotten Tomatoes) and I never even watched the movie. That said, he was one of the nicest, most genuine people I've ever met and he was humble about his celebrity while appreciating his fans.

My Grandmother and his mother were actually friends and played bridge together. I never met him, but as a kid I played with his kids once or twice since I'm right in between them in age.

Das Boo posted:

As a teen I used to live up in a town in Washington cozied right up next to the Canadian border. When I got my first retail job, my co-workers warned me about Canadian holidays as they'd come down in droves, tear the store to hell and we'd probably be there until 1 am getting poo poo back together. What they didn't warn me about was how they'd hold up lines to smugly deride you about your dollar, your president, your healthcare... all sorts of political things that you, the 17 year-old girl in shoes had no control over. It got to the point where you could swap the Find-the-Vegan with Find-the-Canadian.

So yeah, I agree with you.

It really depends on where in Canada you're talking about. My girlfriends family is from the middle of nowhere Alberta and they are extremely friendly people (which is extremely at odds with their frankly bigoted opinions about some stuff). My experience with BC is that those people are total assholes and that Vancouver is basically tied with NYC in how self important people who are from there think they are. Paradoxically every Canadian I have met warns me about how mean people from Montreal are, but my experience visiting there was that everyone was extremely nice.