Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Yngwie Mangosteen posted:

not in the produce section

I'll stock Red Bull in the produce section and you can't stop me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Eighty? You mean like a number that is sorta close to eight? Eightish?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Don't worry, there are still plenty of other respected names that can be plundered and burned to the ground for corporations to make short term profits.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Strongly reminded of

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Atticus_1354 posted:

War on Terrorism, War on drugs, War on the Southern Border, etc. We have grandiose notions with no achievable end goal.

None of those are wars

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Gripweed posted:

oh no I am more than happy to admit that the overall state of militaries in the first world is pretty drat dire.

As opposed to all the third world militaries renowned for their outstanding competence? lol

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Gripweed posted:

...yes? Do you not follow the news? Hamas delivered a serious blow to the credibility of Israel's security state. The Taliban retook Afghanistan in a week. The Houthis have been able to seriously disrupt shipping to Israel. Recent years have been full of very impressive achievements by small military groups with little funding.

Jesus Christ

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Gripweed posted:

Yeah they weren't supposed to be able to do that. That's the whole thing,

Is the Gaza strip currently being ground into fine powder part of this brilliant military victory?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The Americans destroy one of the largest militaries in the world with no casualties, keep the country isolated for a decade, then destroy their replacement military with no casualties again, occupy the country for 15 more years before leaving: crushing military defeat, this is a proof of Western degeneracy

The Yemeni fire a missile at a boat before the Americans send in gunboats: a triumphant strategic blow to the crumbling Western power, this is a sign of the end of American dominance

steinrokkan has a new favorite as of 23:44 on Jan 2, 2024

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

The US military has no peer in size or spending anywhere on Earth. Every single loss we suffer is against a smaller, less capable force, which leads one to wonder how it is we lose so drat often if we're even remotely competent.

Because you get into wars to score short term political points at home, not because you need to, and you don't care about what happens as a result after those wars are no longer uselful. You treat war the way most countries treat international soccer matches, and it's precisely because you have no peers to stop you.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Anything faster than a horse's gallop is against god's will

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
My baked stuff usually turns out fine, but I've trained myself not to look at progress pictures in recipes because they always look completely different than what I had created at that point in the process.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
What the Ikea manual doesn't say is that if you put an incorrect screw or dowel or something into the wrong slot, you are hosed because the parts are designed to disintegrate into sawdust if you try to correct your mistake and take them apart.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
To err is human

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

thetoughestbean posted:

The Simpsons has never made me laugh. At best it’s given me a small smirk.

I’m talking about classic Simpsons, too. The seasons that people insist was its height

What has made you laugh

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It's way too late for that, you are stuck with zoomers

Focus on renaming generation alpha, another dog poo poo monicker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I'm so sick and tired of all the Willy Wonka poo poo, I don't think the internet has ever beaten a dead horse harder than this.