Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe

oldpainless posted:

Predator, bitch
Predator is the greatest accomplishment humans have ever endeavored for and also achieved. I will literally fight anyone that disagrees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
I’m not one for long prose, so here’s a list.

Megadeth is way loving better than Metallica. Dave needs to get over being booted out.

Rick & Morty is good, but the people that like it seem to be assholes. I guess you can say that about most fandoms though.

GoT is trash.

Modern pop music is no better or worse than it was in the past.

Souls/Borne are fantastic games, but again, the fandom and dick measuring (Prepare to die!!!1!!!) are embarrassing.

GTA4 was actually pretty good, and while the dissonance between Niko’s wanting to be a good guy/murdering 1,000’s of innocent people was silly, I feel that it gets unfairly judged because of that. The entire game wasn’t poo poo just because Niko was unevenly written.

Better Call Saul is far superior to Breaking Bad.

Football, basketball, hockey and soccer are cool. Baseball is loving boring.

Humanity, while having major examples of being poo poo, is ultimately cool and good, and I hope we figure our poo poo out so that my great x10 grand children can live among the stars.

Anime was the biggest mistake of all human invention.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe

Caufman posted:

A lot of the writing in GTA4 was mediocre, especially when 5 was so much more vibrant and interesting. I still enjoy it overall, but 5 really impressed me with how much more memorable the characters were and how gripping their storyline was.
I agree. I just think it gets unfairly dumped on when it was actually a pretty good game.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe

Tiggum posted:

There's also the fact that the cars are poo poo to drive, the checkpointing and save system are garbage, the gameplay comes second to the (badly written) story and suffers for having to fit into the "cinematic style" they were going for, the combat is tedious and repetitive and the game does everything it can to stop you from trying to have fun in your own way - which should be the entire point of an open-world game. GTA4 is poo poo.
I guess we’ll just have to disagree then, Tiggum. GTA4 had probelms and I only ever played it one time through, but I don’t think it was garbage.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
This isn’t true everywhere in the US. Maybe out in the sticks, but larger cities are starting to have plenty of delivery options for groceries. Most of the larger food chains (Vons, Ralph’s etc.) have delivery services. Instacart is a thing too. Not sure how many cities it’s available in, but I don’t live in a major city at all and I can get groceries delivered within an hour and a half for a $6 dollar delivery fee and I usually give the delivery kid a $5. So for eleven bucks I’ve got a weekly delivery of anything I want including alcohol. It’s one of the main reasons I never bought another car after I sold my last one.

I know this isn’t available everywhere in the US yet, and probably will be a long time if ever for people out in real rural areas, but to say it doesn’t exist here is inaccurate.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
“Your mom” jokes are almost always terrible. 90% of them weren’t funny in 7th grade, and even less so now. It’s just the lowest effort “Haha look at your mom’s dildo” white noise imaginable. Trig Discipline pulls off a clever one now and then, but other than that they just need to die.

Also, the “haha I wonder what Yoshi’s eggs smell like” thing needs to go too. I think I’ve seen something like 8 of those in the past two days and it never sounds like anything other “oh haha I get that reference too”. Ugh.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe

veni veni veni posted:

This is what your mom told me the last time I pulled my dick out in front of her.
Makes sense since she’s a pediatrician.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
You're all hosed in the head. Clearly, obviously, without any doubt the greatest rap is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZQQGX24Teg

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe

spit on my clit posted:

good, good contender, but how about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCkM-IJew3Q
No no no. Sorry, but you're doing this wrong.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Things like burrito bowls defeat the entire point of the food in question. Opening up the tortilla and dumping it all in a bowl doesn't make it a new experience, it should only be done as a last resort where you forgot to buy tortillas. aaaaw

The point of the bowl is to get all the tasty stuff inside a burrito - vegetables, meat, beans - without the flour tortilla that is pretty much just fat and flour and the least nutritious thing about a burrito.

E: whoops, should have refreshed.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe

My god, how I hate having to activate my organs every morning.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe

https://youtu.be/aiQpRQeIiHY

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
Sex worker also includes strippers/dancers, models, web cammers and others that work in sex adjacent jobs, but don’t get paid for having sex like a prostitute does.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
Yeah I didn’t know this was a morals or ethics conversation. I’m not touching that one at all. Just pointing out that not all sexually explicit job types are the same thing as prostitution. Someone who poses for sexually explicit photos for something like Hustler, but doesn’t engage in consensual, paid for sex is not a prostitute, regardless of what you think their moral character is worth.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe

doverhog posted:

Ok. Why is that an important distinction? But don't answer, as you already said you are not touching it.

I made it very clear the part I didn’t want to touch was the moral character argument. That’s a completely different subject and a can of worms itself. The original comments were discussing the difference between all types of sexually explicit work vs prostitution. Why is it an important distinction? Because words have meanings, maybe?

If you have a keen mind for numbers and are a great economist, but use your knowledge to steal from people and run scams are you a prostitute because you’re using your talents in an immoral and unethical way? I suppose you would say yes, because your definition of prostitute seems to include moral judgements.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
Fair enough, I was starting to get the same feeling.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
I don’t care for Jeff Goldblum. I don’t find his brand of smarmy intellectual endearing and I don’t think he’s a good actor. I didn’t like him in Jurassic Park and while we’re on the subject I thought Jurassic Park sucked. The children were irritating and the film itself was boring.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

All the Bond movies are mediocre to bad and there don’t need to be any more
I agree with this. The franchise is loving stagnant and either needs to just completely die, or go in a completely different direction. Like the 007 moniker isn’t a single person, but the person that MI6 is currently using at that time. Then we could get a female 007, one of any number of other races than a white dude. A trans Bond. An asexual Bond that doesn’t give a poo poo about loving the female lead and so on. If there ever was a franchise that needed a major reboot, it’s this one. They kinda sorta tried with Craig, but it ended up being basically the same thing, but “grittier”. Ugh.

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
I once tried to Ignore Lowtax but I got an error message that said I couldn’t do that.

That’s my use of the ignore function story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
My unpopular opinion is that oldpainless should be made to explain their dislike of the Bulgarians. This isn’t their first, and probably not their last, post that pointed at Bulgarians as being problematic. Explain yourself oldpainless.