Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

ToxicSlurpee posted:

It's a storytelling medium, really. The best DM is the one that understands that. Literally everything else is secondary to the story.

sucks for those assholes who paid $90 for rule books they didn't need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Telemaze posted:

You need bowls for soup.

Speaking of bread, french toast is underrated. Everyone's all about pancakes but they're the least of the breakfast carbs. Waffles are second.

I'd eat any of them rn if i could though, not going to lie.

bread bowl

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Telemaze posted:

Whoa now, I'm an English-speaker but I ain't no Anglo. Also everyone should call them them pain perdu because "lost bread" is a great name.

I've heard of them but never tried one. Do they get grossly soggy? Do you eat it after the soup is gone? I have so many questions.

not really and yes i do

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Gripweed posted:

I'm gonna say this again because I was kinda hoping I could get an argument going about it outside the Godzilla thread, where I am completely outnumbered

The Godzilla anime trilogy is good.

it's bad and its metaphorical head is up it's own rear end.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Shibawanko posted:

why do some people get that one type of plastic surgery where your lips get all huge (botox?) like i get some plastic surgeries but thats one that seems like itd always be a straight downgrade from just your normal face, like theres never any reason to do that and it will always make you look hideous so why do people do that

thinning lips are a sign of aging and getting old freaks people out.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Tiggum posted:

Santa Claus, the tooth fair, Easter bunny, etc. are bad. If I don't pretend that these particular fictional beings are real, somehow I'm the arsehole even though you're the one lying to your kids? With religious stuff there's an easy out because no one's pretending other religions don't exist, so if a kid asks me if Jesus is real I can just say that some people believe he is and some people don't. But Santa? Nah, I've got to either lie or weasel my way out of it or I'm ruining Christmas. And all for what? You think kids need to be told stuff is real to enjoy it? No one's going around telling kids that Spider-Man's real but that doesn't seem to bother them.

like just tell the kid you don't loving know who cares?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Shibawanko posted:

people who fall for scams are dumbasses. if you get tricked by a phishing email

i mean that's the point those scams are targeting the less critical by being stupid, you don't want a "smart" person to get halfway in and waste your time when there's hundreds of old people you can scam

also gently caress you it's the scammer's fault rear end in a top hat nobody deserves to have their lives ruined because they arent tech savvy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Badactura posted:

99% of online or phone scams are to catch technologically illiterate people or people who were never taught or learned like how the IRS might contact you. I'd say half those people deserve it

Why? what does someone do to deserve having their life possibly ruined?