Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Jastiger posted:

One of the best ways to judge the character of a person is how they react to and treat children. Their own or otherwise

I'd say this is inaccurate for me just because I've seen people treat kids differently depending on if it's their own or otherwise. If someone treats kids like poo poo then they're probably not good people in other ways but if someone avoids or ignores a kid I don't see it as a bad thing, when I've seen people who dote on kids act horribly otherwise. How they treat service/retail members or animals works better for me.

One unpopular opinion I have is that ketchup is a bad condiment and there is always a better option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I always thought people held phones vertical if they're trying to not be obvious they're filming something.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Apparently Iceland has had Down Syndrome almost disappear due to preventative screening and abortion, and my unpopular opinion is if there's a way to tell if a child you'll have will have a disability or disorder you don't feel you want to handle, you should be able to just have the abortion. I have a parent who works with MH kids and friends who work in child welfare, and I've seen or heard so many parents just leave the kids because they couldn't handle it.

Not to say that the parents who stay and deal with it shouldn't be heralded and respected, but someone who feels they wouldn't be able to stick it out shouldn't let a bad situation play itself out like that.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

If there's a two lane road that goes into a one lane road due to construction, someone who tries to sneak up to merge at the beginning of a traffic line should not be let in.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I think you shouldn't be forced to talk about politics, but making a heavily politicized statement and then backing down on it when pressed seems like a much more specific scenario.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

There's a part in the book where he asks Tommy Wiseau why they keep throwing a football around and he just says "that's what friends do right?" And it made me understand him more than anything else he's done.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I just like the implication that while God helps one team win he really had it out for the other team and players.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It also leads to those "Shocking" commercials that they say they're going to put on that'll make people mad, that never actually get shown. I think this years is an anti-Pitbull commercials.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

If you have some kind of sickness where a doctor prohibits you from being around people due to being contagious like Strep or Pink Eye, then that shouldn’t count as an actual sick day if you have a small limited amount of them.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

yeah I eat rear end posted:

...what should sick days be used for then, if not for "being unable to come to work due to illness"?

More cold and flu stuff where you don’t see a doctor, but are still sick enough where going into work wouldn’t be the best idea.

If the work place is generous and allows time it doesn’t matter much, I’m more talking about places that give 3 days a year and then it’s a battle for every day after that.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Players should be able to bet on themselves as long as it’s not something that’ll limit how they play. If a player wants to bet they’ll pitch a perfect game or 7 touchdowns go ahead.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

More jobs should have weather delays, just due to how long it can take to drive to work if the roads are terrible and all the accidents you have to avoid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

If we’re working with a budget is a poleaxe acceptable?