Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Mario Bros./Super Mario Bros. are really boring games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Fleetwood Mac is a terrible band.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

AC/DC is a terrible band.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DTwLqR071M Bob and Doug McKenzie's 12 Days of Christmas

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Beige posted:

If you're going to argue against arbitrary calendar events why don't you bitch about daylight savings? So a farmer has to start work at 8am now instead of 9am? Don't change time for everyone, stupid!

Next spring, why don't we all just set our clocks half an hour forward? We'll never have to change them again.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

You Are A Elf posted:

Content: Vanilla ice cream and shakes/malts are better than chocolate ones.

:agreed:
People look at me funny if we're getting ice cream because I always just go with plain vanilla.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

steinrokkan posted:

You can talk about the older things as well. It is certainly going to be more interesting than "Did you see that new superhero flick?" "Yup." "Yup." "So see you later."

Yeah, that sounds like a pretty standard conversation to have with someone about a new release, if they don't share any of your interests and/or just don't want to talk to you.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

4 Reasons I (Do Not) Like Cracked (Anymore)

4. Parenthesis Everywhere

Do you see that? Do you see the title of the article? Why is it like that? There's no reason for it! Now for 9 more paragraphs about this. Which brings me us to my our next point:

3. You Don't Even Need To Read The Article

Just look at the titles you dumb poo poo. Everything you need to know is in them. There is no ambiguity. It is a good way of avoiding being clickbait, but makes reading the content completely unnecessary. Unless you really love wacky random zany humour.

2. Advertisements All Over The Place

Do you browse Cracked on a computer? Well, good luck reading one article without it overheating and crashing. They're not static advertisements, or even popups. No, they're constantly moving, constantly rotating, video advertisements. And they are just everywhere. They leak through your speakers and cover your floor. Try to scroll down. We dare you.

1. Spoiler Alert

Now we put this last on the list, even though it's number one so it should be first but who the gently caress knows how our rating system works? Anyway, we're gonna go ahead and ruin some movies for you that you haven't seen. What's that? (typing as though speaking to the one reading it) Oh no! We're not going to ruin old movies. Of course not! Everyone knows Darth Vader is Yoda and stuff! No, we're going to spoil poo poo that came out three weeks ago!

We hope you enjoyed our listicle, and tune in next week for our listicle about why listicles are bad and dumb!

yo rear end is grass writes for who the gently caress even cares anymore if you're still reading at this point make better decisions in your life

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

The first season of Stranger Things was boring and predictable.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

doverhog posted:

:words:

I think I understand the point you're trying to make. Throughout history, those with the bigger stick dictated the rules. That is, if someone wanted control over a situation/territory/people, that person's army could come in and violently take it.
However, to think that violence is the core of human interaction is baffling. What about couples who have been together and loved each other for decades? There are many other factors which make up the average human's life experience.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

spit on my clit posted:

i think you need to read over your posts before you post them.
You can't just say that. Beat him up, it'll work better. After all, it'll be

Jastiger posted:

The right kind of violence.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Spouses do not need to share a bed in order to have a healthy and happy relationship.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Smoked oysters are delicious.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Ham and pineapple pizza is the best.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Ramagamma posted:

My unpopular opinion is that being unemployed sounds loving incredible. Get up when you like, sleep as long as you want, watch youtube videos and play videogames all day, exercise more, learn how to cook, don't worry about coming into work 5 days a week, don't stress about bullshit numbers or customer satisfaction.

Sounds no bad compared to being constantly exhausted, being woken by an alarm at 6:00am every day, spending 40 hours a week having to pretend you give a poo poo about costs and codes, feeling your leisure time is to precious to waste to the extent you end up doing nothing, putting half your wage into a mortgage because you don't want to be in debt and paying off interest for years, eating takeaways because gently caress cooking when its 7 at night and you've been away for 12 hours, worrying about your car repairs because you don't want to triple your travel time by getting the bus, getting fat because you spend 18 hours sitting and 6 lying down.

Yup. Being unemployed sounds loving great.

As someone who just started working again after four years, being unemployed is the absolute worst. Even though you can wake up whenever you want, you will immediately begin worrying about how you will make rent, how you will feed yourself, how you will afford gas to go and look for a job. And that's not even taking into consideration things like emergency car fixes and dental issues.
Then before you know it, it's your mother's birthday! Your dad and sister each got her a wonderful gift, and you give her a hand made card. They say they understand that you can't afford much right now, and you know they do, but you see the worry in their eyes when you leave. The next day your dad calls you and asks if you need some money. You just know that your mom spent her whole birthday night discussing your situation with her husband. Happy birthday mommy!
After applying for jobs, (online only, your car's brakes are hosed again,) you watch some YouTube videos. Then you browse your favourite dead gay forums, refreshing the pages until you are certain there are going to be no more new posts for a while.
You go to the kitchen and look in the fridge. You've got expired ground beef, and one tortilla. With some spice magic, you make a taco you could probably feed to a dog.
You go and check YouTube again. Nothing new. You check the forums. People bitching about trolls, so nothing new. You go to bed, just to wake up and do it all over again.
Oh wait! There's an egg in the fridge! In the drawer! I forgot about that! Oh man, I'm gonna eat good tomorrow!

So yeah, I'll take your 9 to 5 life over having to deal with that poo poo again any day.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

yo rear end is grass posted:

As someone who just started working again after four years, being unemployed is the absolute worst. Even though you can wake up whenever you want, you will immediately begin worrying about how you will make rent, how you will feed yourself, how you will afford gas to go and look for a job. And that's not even taking into consideration things like emergency car fixes and dental issues.
Then before you know it, it's your mother's birthday! Your dad and sister each got her a wonderful gift, and you give her a hand made card. They say they understand that you can't afford much right now, and you know they do, but you see the worry in their eyes when you leave. The next day your dad calls you and asks if you need some money. You just know that your mom spent her whole birthday night discussing your situation with her husband. Happy birthday mommy!
After applying for jobs, (online only, your car's brakes are hosed again,) you watch some YouTube videos. Then you browse your favourite dead gay forums, refreshing the pages until you are certain there are going to be no more new posts for a while.
You go to the kitchen and look in the fridge. You've got expired ground beef, and one tortilla. With some spice magic, you make a taco you could probably feed to a dog.
You go and check YouTube again. Nothing new. You check the forums. People bitching about trolls, so nothing new. You go to bed, just to wake up and do it all over again.
Oh wait! There's an egg in the fridge! In the drawer! I forgot about that! Oh man, I'm gonna eat good tomorrow!

So yeah, I'll take your 9 to 5 life over having to deal with that poo poo again any day.

Really though, the worst part of unemployment is the lack of socialization. Sure you can talk to family, or a significant other if you have one, but there's nothing quite like talking to people who don't intimately know you.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

I've used a Venus razor to shave my beard before. It felt like the smoothest and most comfortable blade ever, but that was probably just a placebo effect of marketing.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

On that note, if you live in an apartment, don't get a dog. Dogs need to be able to run around outside, just taking it for a walk every few days isn't fair to the doggy.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Sandopolis Zone is the best level in any Sonic the Hedgehog game.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

What if I’m a troop that does sex work on the side?

Sex Trooper

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

CityMidnightJunky posted:

Guitar solos loving suck. Nothing ruins a song or takes me out of the moment quicker than basically grinding to a halt in the middle of it so the guitarist can jerk off about how good he is at guitar.

Conversely , vocalists shouldn't shout, hum, or otherwise make noise during a badass solo.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

yeah I eat rear end posted:

the only d&d game I ever went to I got chastised for drinking during the game. They pulled my friend who invited me aside and were like "i thought you understood that we want a focused atmosphere in our game night and you brought this guy drinking four lokos, what gives".

I was invited back but it was too stifling. gently caress that.

The trick is to play as a drunk dwarf or something like that, so you can claim that you're acting in-character when called out on it.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

fizzymercy posted:

Sleep is terrible and a waste of time. I'd rather stay awake forever than sleep more than 6 hours. Life would be amazing if sleep was off the table. Think of all the annoying poo poo surrounding sleeping you wouldn't have to deal with anymore. You'd get so much done.

Soon as there's a drug or implant that gives me the ability to never sleep with no side effects I am on board.

Yes, also eating.
It's so inconvenient to have to eat multiple times each day.
For enjoyment, sure, but for sustenance? Just let me photosynthesize drat it.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Shibawanko posted:

Short men (under 175 cm) invariably have some form of short man syndrome and should not be allowed in positions of power since they cannot be trusted to wield it justly and in the name of righteousness.

E: same with bald men who have Bald Man Syndrome, having lost their aireals, rendering them unable to receive soothing cosmic signals, causing them to be uptight.

I thought 160 cm was average? This is very disconcerting.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

After multiple single-player games on DOTA 2, I felt confident enough to play online.
That was a mistake.
I was yelled at for simply choosing the "wrong" character.
If I even moved in a different direction, the chat would be full of curses and requests to kick me from the game.

Message received, I'll go back to Left 4 Dead.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Hanging baskets full of beautiful flowers should be displayed at the front of the house, not in the back yard.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

PHUO:
Climbing Mount Everest is a cool feat, because I'm a goon who can barely make it up the stairs without becoming exhausted.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Ban all motorized vehicles.
Let's go back to walking, cycling, or using horses and buggies.
Fewer accidents, fewer deaths and permanent injuries, less pollution in the air.
Ban cars, ban trucks, ban boats, ban airplanes, ban trains.
If you need to go to work miles away from where you live, either wake up earlier or get your legs in shape.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Pastry of the Year posted:

My PHOU is that I love you all, and I hope you love yourselves as much as I love you.

I love you too.
All of you.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Sounds like someone has never ridden the boring Tomorrowland train in Disney World

When my family and I went to Disneyland over 20 years ago, we were standing in line for Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.
A father with his two young children were walking on the other side of the chain separating the in/out lines.
The man looked at my dad and said "That sure was a wild ride!"
So of course, as a kid, I became excited.
We got to the front and the operator waved us through.
We entered the cart, and the ride began.
That's when I learned the meaning of sarcasm.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Shibawanko posted:

There should be some way to easily know your clothing size and compare it to items online so you can order that poo poo online without having to doubt whether itll fit or having to return it or having to go to a loathsome clothes store irl

lol if you don't exclusively wear ponchos and pants with ropes for belts made by Enrique.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The only fun part of Monopoly (and Life and that war on terror game and all other games with fake money) is getting to be the banker and seeing how much cash you can steal while filling out payments.

I’ve won multiple games against friends and family while just brazenly taking money out of the bank.

My friend's dad has a board game that is designed just like Monopoly, but it's all about buying, selling, and trading drugs.
It's called something like Weedy's Dope Dealing Game, I can't remember.
On some squares, you're required to take a hit, on others you make someone else take one, and the whole time you're pushing large amounts of pot, hash, coke, etc.
The rules specifically encourage you to lie, cheat, and steal.
It's great fun.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Use CAH cards as prompts for charades. Much more fun than the actual game.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

The problem isn't really smartphones themselves, it's peoples' attitudes of expecting everyone to be available to be contacted at every waking hour of the day every day. The people who expect you to carry on a text conversation all day and complain when you take too long to respond etc are the real problem. Just because you can be on call for your friends/family/work all the time doesn't mean you should.

This opinion is cool and good.

PHUO: Indoor cats > Outdoor cats

(But both are inferior to dogs)

The Mighty Moltres has a new favorite as of 00:34 on Jun 7, 2019

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

I've never played a GTA game. Something about stealing cars and murdering hookers doesn't appeal to me.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

PHUO: Walking in rain is wonderful, especially when that rain turns into a downpour halfway through.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

if it's just rain, sure. But if it's a thunderstorm it's a little more nervewracking. Try walking to work at a government lab as an intern with no access to any building except your trailer tucked way in the back and nothing to hide under and it starts hailing. Hail hurts.

That's when you hold your head to your chest and feel the ice stones hit your neck and back.
Unless it's that baseball-sized hail, in which case you're hosed.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Tubgoat posted:

Walking around in storms loving owns, unless you have papers and/or electronics in your pockets.

My uncle (who works at Nintendo) was struck by lightning twice.
Once when he was in his basement, the other time he was driving.
There is a 1 in 700,000 chance of any of us being struck by lightning one time.
He was hit twice while in the apparently safest locations to be in during a storm.
As far as I know, he hasn't developed the ability to shoot electricity from his hands, but one time during Easter dinner, he passed himself the salt by just looking at it.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

ToxicSlurpee posted:

War is dirty business overall and WWII saw the use of some of the most destructive things that humanity has ever invented.

Like the Holocaust.
:can:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

spit on my clit posted:

alright im on the boat to venezuela now, heard a lot of good things about it from the Department of A-OKness of Venezuela, they say they have absolutely no corn at all so thats good. turns out you've all been going to "somethingawful.corn" for the past twenty years and you never noticed. in fact, every "dot com" is actually a "dot corn" and i'm going to be safe from this because i will be connecting to domains like, i dunno, "dot . vn" or "dot . vz"

And the French call it "maze" :smug: