Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
The shiny rate for Dynamax Adventures in Pokémon Sword and Shield dlc The Crown Tundra is a bit too high

Also: obtuseness in mechanics can be good because it encourages a community to form around a game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Halloween sucks rear end and I’m glad it’s cancelled

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I don’t like the music of Grant Kirkhope. The Banjo-Kazooie soundtrack is basically unlistenable

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

CMS posted:

No, that's too handsome

Zorro should be impossibly handsome! He was played by Antonio Banderas for goodness sake

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
There’s a really good manga set in Iceland, called Go With The Clouds, North By Northwest. It’s worth checking out. It’s about a mildly magical teen in Iceland who works as a detective

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I’m on the final dungeon of the FFIII DS remake and I think this game might actually be fun

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Gaius Marius posted:

Your certainly the only person I've seen with that opinion on the final dungeon

People’s complaints about it are valid but if you know what you’re doing it’s not that difficult, and the job system is pretty robust

Edit: I have wiped twice in the World of Darkness, once to Cerberus and once to Cloud of Darkness, and I’m still having fun because I’m thinking that I should be able to beat them if I just switch my Magus to a Bard. I don’t mind the slog back because that’s what gives the fights stakes. My brain might be a bit broken

thetoughestbean has a new favorite as of 07:19 on Feb 12, 2021

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Gripweed posted:

They need to bring back Bionicle.

Bionicle got really weird after the prequel series about the city Toa. The quality of the books kind of dropped off, imo

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Pretty much every civilization that has invented shoes, sandals, or another type of footwear never went back. We love foot protection

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I enjoyed Asterix a lot growing up and have soured a great deal on super hero comics but boy, yelling about which culture has the better comics is dumb

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
horror is fine (although not for me), but horror fans are either super chill or ridiculously pretentious and there's no inbetween

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Cities are shitholes

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Cities are chock full of people and that makes me deeply anxious

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Captain Monkey posted:

I have never, ever seen a city like this and I've lived in major multi-million person cities my entire life, and traveled extensively prior to COVID. Is this just another weird goon exaggeration thing?

That’s exactly how I felt visiting my sister in NYC, minus the piss and poo poo. I understand other folks don’t mind it but something about being surrounded by people and tall buildings is deeply off putting to me. It’s too much

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Gripweed posted:

frankly marshmallow is an ingredient that needs to be in more deserts in general

Hard disagree. I’ve never had marshmallow that I’ve enjoyed. I used to think I liked smores but I realized I just like chocolate and graham crackers

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Zzulu posted:

Hey man I still watch superhero movies and some anime, so who am I to judge. I recently watched an anime called "jujutsu kaisen" about people fighting curse-monsters and I didn't hate it. I would never admit this to any real people (non-internet-people)

Why not? Own that you like things

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
The best anime is Ping Pong the Animation

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Strategic Tea posted:

Tattoos are fine IMO but why are so many designs just so ugly? If I ever got anything it would be sweet geometric patterns, but then I would be the weirdo because no one actually does that...

Because people have different aesthetics than you

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
People who watch Power Rangers are dumb and have bad taste. People who watch Super Sentai, on the other hand, are smart and handsome, and appreciate good television

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Phuo: alcohol is bad for people and bad for society and we should get rid of it

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
The devil is trapped in Cocytus, the final layer of hell, which is cold and dark due to being the farthest point away from God’s light, and frozen over due to the devil’s tears freezing because of the cold winds created by his desperately flapping his wings, trying to fly back to Heaven. Were he to ever stop crying or trying to fly, he would be able to break out, but alas, he is too full of sorrow and desperation to regain his status to ever free himself from his icy prison.

So I guess he’s pretty cool

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Josef bugman posted:

poo poo posting is dull and unenjoyable unless it has a purpose behind it.

I agree with the rest but sometimes it’s just fun to shitpost with your friends

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
The only reason men wear beanies is to cover up male pattern baldness

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Josef bugman posted:

I am unsure if you can call the Divine Comedy fanfic, but am still interested that you might.

It’s a self-insert fanfic that takes time out of the narrative to say that you, Richard, are a total shitheel and everybody hates how vain you are.

Ramune is loving delicious and I wish I could buy it at my grocery store

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Gaius Marius posted:

Smoking does make you look cool.

Vaping makes you look like a dweeb

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Solice Kirsk posted:

I had the exact same experience. Also my gums felt really weird and itchy for a few days after. One of my closest friends still dips and it's kinda annoying to every once in a blue moon find a spit bottle that he forgot to throw away at my place.

I think it’s supposed to irritate the insides of your mouth so it can go into your bloodstream. Not pleasant!

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Folks who worship Norse deities and the like really weird me out. It’s just super odd to me to take a dead religion and try to make something that seems about right out of what we know about the old beliefs and practices

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Josef bugman posted:

How come? Religions shift and change so much that if you were to ask a Christian of the third century about any of the variety of Christians that exist now they would quite possibly be very confused. Nothing stays the same through time after all.

It’s the lack of continuity. It feels like they’re just making poo poo up and trying to claim that it’s the same thing as what people used to practice way back when. If they acknowledge that they’re making things up whole cloth then I have less of a problem, but every neo-Pagan I’ve encountered has claimed to have a religious tradition spanning back to before Christianity existed.

That and who looks at Odin and goes “ah hell yeah, gonna worship that guy!” Say what you will about the Abrahamic God at least He nominally has humanity’s best interest at heart, Odin’s just a selfish jerk

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Josef bugman posted:

Most I've encountered have been on the more "yeah we don't have a direct link with the older set up" sort, so I suppose that might be why I see them a tad differently.

Thor has the title "friend of man" and doesn't ruin a mans life on a bet with a demon. For all the bad things you can, and should, say about Odin the entirety of the book of Job is a refutation of God as a loving entity.

I have thoughts on Job, but I think the most important thing is it’s more a meditation on the nature of divine justice than a definitive statement on the nature of God. Iirc, the Jewish tradition, especially the tradition of the that era, was more in communication with God and didn’t necessarily have God as the completely untouchable and always correct God that Christianity developed.

That and Satan in the book of Job isn’t a demon, he’s an angel known as “the accuser”, who plays an important role in testing creation. It’s a very different role than the Christian and Muslim ideas of the devil

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

doverhog posted:

I don't actually interact with neo-pagans IRL, sounds like a terrible time. However Odin is a lot more relatable than the all-powerful god. He had to do all kinds of poo poo to gain his powers, and had to deal with friends and relatives. That is much more relatable than god making Jesus just to have him tortured to death in some kind of bizarre bet with himself.

I extremely don’t want a relatable deity, I want a deity that’s better than me

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

3D Megadoodoo posted:

You worship everyone?

Ouch, yes

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Pickles should be served on the side by default, never in the sandwich, because their flavor is so overwhelming that you can’t make the rest of the sandwich not taste like pickles

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I don’t care for most toppings on a burger. Part of this is I just don’t like a lot of foods and a lot of cheeses, but I generally prefer to be able to taste the burger and not the thousand other things put on top of it

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Gaius Marius posted:

Self Deprecating humor in general, but especially among the people of today isn't healthy or interesting. You should always take pride in the person you are and strive to always achieve more. Whether that be working on your weakpoints or increasing your strengths. I see too many People nowadays that give up on something or don't even try, and then try and laugh it off that they ain't good enough. Very sad

On the one hand, I agree. On the other hand, me joking about my weight is one of the few ways I know to feel better about it. Sucks.

I deeply resent any person who uses “I want to die” as a way of saying “I’m unhappy” or “I’m embarrassed” because it put that phrase in my head and it feels deeply intrusive.

Also I’m tired of people making and sharing “relatable” jokes/comics that basically just go “I have terrible anxiety/depression and every moment is a waking hell” because at a certain point it’s just wallowing in misery

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Gaius Marius posted:

I mean that's the whole point of the myth of Sisyphus, that regardless of the universe response humanities willingness to continue forward is what gives meaning to our actions.

I know you mean the work The Myth of Sisyphus but what I took from the story of Sisyphus was don’t try to outsmart Thanatos. He might be extremely stupid but boy he’s petty

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Josef bugman posted:

I would disagree on two points. I believe the old line that "whoever has found a why to live can bear almost any how" holds true in a lot of instances.

And I'd say that life, and the world in general, just is. The problem being that that isn't good enough. Things should be better than how they are and instead of accepting it there should be some way of making the world better every day in some manner. It's just that knowing what that is or how it works is tricky for everyone.

While I agree we should make life better for everybody I wonder in your specific case, Bugman, how much of your specific “the world isn’t good enough” world view is created by depression

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Josef bugman posted:

Eh, the belief that there is something fundamentally wrong with the way things are is not limited to just depressive folks. Otherwise every social movement could be described as resulting from mental health.

I guess it’s a matter of how you express it. Your posts remind me a lot of when I’m in a major depressive phase

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Phou: “grindy” gets used as a pejorative for video games too often. Sometimes it’s nice to be able to sit down with a game and kind of zone out and feel like you made progress.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

a ninth century European peasant post posted:

If there's something more than five miles away it should be functionally non existent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Halloween Liker posted:

I think its lovely when people post 4Chan memes or screenshots.

"Oh no, I only visit the comedy subforum on Stormfront, so its OK!"

It is distressing the amount of internet culture is still created by channers