Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Ommin posted:

But what if you're really good? Then maybe they wouldn't kill you, huh? How good would you have to be to not get killed by the Skynet Fuckbot?

The bot is not gonna be connected to anything or be sentient. But in the nether spheres AI will judge you for all your sins, like god used to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Gaius Marius posted:

Amaranth which was alright, nothing that interesting. Nemo which I preferred. And because it seems appropriate I listened to Phantom of the Opera which I liked a lot. Of the vocalists she was my favorite and if I'm listening to more it will probably be her era although I'm not sure when it ends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JXyt8I2kGw Nightwish - The Pharaoh Sails to Orion (Live HQ)

here in this gap is a lot that you can google

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjp_DfvJimg Nightwish - Shoemaker (Official Lyric Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1FyRZ5u9fQ - Shoemaker live

It is sad that there are so few original members left, but that's bands, or most things really.

doverhog has a new favorite as of 10:29 on Mar 29, 2024

doverhog
May 31, 2013

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

I think there's more theater of the mind produced now per day than at any point in history.

Well of course because there are more people, per capita numbers would be more relevant, and it should only include people in the "cultural elite" (people that have access to the internet) that consume such content. Even then, because anyone can broadcast now, it must be at an all time high.

Should tik tok be included in the theater of the mind?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Gripweed posted:

No, obviously tik tok would not be included in the theater of the mind. Tik tok is video and theater of the mind means you imagine the visuals in your mind

And most humans have access to the internet.

What if it is a tik tok where someone reads text.

*and also, that is a bit classist

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Nameless Pete posted:

The idea that homosexuality is "decadent" kind of presupposes that gay sex just inherently feels better. As a member of Team Straight, I don't like giving up that point without any contention.

"Morally" decadent.

Ask your wife/gf to suck you while massaging your prostate and that should be about as good as it gets physically.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Youtube search algorithm has turned to poo poo. It offers like half shorts and things you "might be interested in", which sucks. In addition to that, the actual search results, if you can find them, are also poo poo and appear to be based on something other than the search terms you used.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

This is the future, AI slop until skynet kills you. I suggest you pick up mysticism and working out, so you at least will be in shape when you die.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

What kind of rich person eats out for lunch? Pack a sandwich and store it in your pocket.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I can eat lunch for 1 €. That's 4k+ a year.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Are you little jokers afraid to attack the main argument? So you only talk about the pocket. Such weak posters.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

China is a garbage barely functional country, but so is America and the EU.

Any claim to superiority the west used to have is lost with how they have failed to support Ukraine enough for the war to end in a decisive Russian loss.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

The pathetic weakness of the west has been on display for years now. They support Ukraine but keep letting Russia to fund the war with oil sales. The US made it a partisan issue in their failing political system, but they are still better than the EU, where there are states (Germany) and parties in favor of the new Hitler, Putin.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Rubber Chicken posted:

Moral superiority, sure

But I think you'd find the US a bit more ready to blow poo poo up if they were the ones directly attacked

Using politicized Ukraine aid to extrapolate US war capability is going to give you interesting but very wrong projections

What is a direct attack? Attack against a NATO member? Or does it have to be on the mainland.

Attack against someone in the sphere of influence was not enough clearly.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Rubber Chicken posted:

US Civilian leadership is a mess but the war machine, once activated, wouldn't Care in the slightest

:cmon:

How does this war machine activate or be directed?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I liked the Fallout show overall, but the Ghoul character seemed to have too much plot armor.

It makes sense that he'd survive 200 years if he has this level of plot armor, but if I was writing a show and wanted to make those scenes make sense I'd have him sold his soul to the devil to buy a protection spell, or I guess the scenes could have been directed or shot different.

Otherwise, it makes no sense how many times his enemies that have him in their sights just wait for him to stop talking, and then he shoots them.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I can see that as the idea now that you mention it. When watching it, it didn't seem to mesh with the rest of the tone.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Says the goon in the goon community.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

The refined crust that remains after time and processing. The ultimate goon.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Boiled and then pan fried (with bacon, or sausage, or some such) potatoes are best, smashed comes in close second. If you take the smashed potatoes and then fry them that might be even better but never done it myself, too hungry so just eat the good smash.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Weka posted:

my personally held milquetoast opinion is that Netanyahu is Hitler 2 and that Putin is, idk, George H W Bush 2

They are both Hitler. I wish I could promise that Hitler will lose, but it's not in any way guaranteed.

We were supposed to be at the end of history, according to some idiot ( Francis Fukuyama), but no. Trump might be the 3rd hitler, so I'm glad I don't have kids.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Gripweed posted:

Wouldn't Trump be the fourth Hitler?

You are right, sorry for this basic math fail. You could include other people too like Stalin, Pol Pot, etc. so it's not an accurate measurement.

Trump isn't Hitler yet, since he hasn't done genocide, unlike the other two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doverhog
May 31, 2013

We used to have 2 cats, 1 orange, the other white with black spots. Siblings born at the same time. The orange cat absolutely was dumber and more aggressive than the sweet, friendly, smaller, spotted cat.

So based on this, hmm, I should probably judge all orange cats to be dumb and aggressive. :gurf: