Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Das Boo posted:

I like Rachmaninov. Threatening piano is cool as gently caress.

e: Rachmaninoff. Phone posting has been doing this weird thing where it won't register additional text or changes if I switch tabs before posting.

You reminded me of one of my favorite classical music/comedy duos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifKKlhYF53w

(Holy poo poo, this video is nearly ten years old now :eyepop:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Das Boo posted:

Sourdough is delicious and what you'd name a fat cat.

You know, I've heard Fat Cats Go Down Alleys Eating Bread.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I've seen a lot more people get frothingly mad at Steven Universe than annoying obnoxious Steven Universe fans, so it's probably a cool show by me

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

The 'thing missing' is that you're not 15 years old any more.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Well What Now posted:

I have no strong opinions about Fleetwood Mac.

FUUUCK YOUUU

e: after I posted this I realized that in this thread, it's not out of the realm of possibility for someone to take this post seriously.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

The Saddest Rhino posted:

The "All Star" intro of Shrek by dreamworkshas more emotional resonance and cultural significance than the "Carl and Ellie's married life together" in Up by pixar.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Of the two obviously cynical cash grab intellectual properties , Cars is the superior series in comparison to Shrek.

Which is it, The Saddest Rhino

I'm beginning to think your posts in this thread are not always 100% serious

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Double Dash was the only good Mario Kart game.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

No, it was Mario Kart 64. A bad game.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

This kind of low-effort trolling doesn't work very well when there are people in this topic with actual opinions more outrageous than the ones you're posting

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

MisterBibs posted:

"In 40k, the only person who can see just how rapidly the universe is burning is the only man who can do nothing but watch and weep."

Nice, I think I saw that shirt at Hot Topic

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Everything I like is for mature, reasonable adults and everything I don't like is for idiot thumb-sucking babies.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

hard counter posted:

mostly i'm okay with the situation because i can find things i like and i don't care if a lot of music i don't really enjoy is also getting made

:yeah:

I don't care if the music they play on the radio sucks. I don't even really know if it sucks, because I don't listen to the radio. If I can go on Spotify or Youtube or wherever and keep finding new and interesting songs, things from around the world, even in languages I don't know... This era is a great time for music. Accessibility and ability to support artists more directly are wonderful things.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Pot smoke smells as bad as tobacco smoke.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Never Mind the Buzzcocks was always superior to QI. And out of the hosts, Simon Amstell was the best.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

KrayG posted:

I didn't really visit the site often when Metal Gear Scanlon was going on, was Drew just not drawn into the MGS games?

I don't really know what relevance this has to the thread, but I've just gotten into that video series. It appears he's played through 1-5 and is currently playing through Revengeance, so...?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

spit on my clit posted:

just like how God is what he is, you are what you are, a dumbass.

Every post I've seen by you in this, the Bad Opinions thread for posting Bad Opinions, has just been 'your opinion is bad' and it's honestly more tiring than Jastiger at this point.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

To clarify, I'm not saying Jastiger's opinions aren't bad.

Anyway, I think MGS 1 & 2 are better and more entertaining than 3.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Jerry Cotton posted:

Metal Gear 2 is the best Metal Gear game all things considered. (Haven't played MGS5 yet.)

Are you talking about Metal Gear 2 or Metal Gear Solid 2? (I assume the latter.)

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

so like

were you talking about the MSX game or not

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

So your idea is that your opinions are not unpopular because other people also post the same ones. In the unpopular opinions thread.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Rye bread in all forms is disgusting. Sourdough followed closely by potato bread is best for almost everything.

Aesop Poprock posted:

In most cases where you could use rye I feel like sourdough is better

Sourdough and rye aren't exclusive.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Oysters Rockefeller, grilled oysters, fried in po boys.

Also on a worldwide scale, eating oysters raw is an extremely not unpopular thing to do.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

spit on my clit posted:

It's jewish rye & pumpernickel

Most of the time it's Jewish rye and Jewish rye with cocoa powder added.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Field Mousepad posted:

You are either delusional or you have the best agent on the planet.

The former. Jastiger loves Des Moines as much as he hates the south

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Tiggum posted:

Three in one? Chopsticks, fork, and ???

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

steinrokkan posted:

On the one hand, you can drink a bottle of wine. On the other, you can drink a bottle of vodka. The truth is a mixture between these natural extremes.

The truth is vodka martinis? Ugh.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Jerry Cotton posted:

Hmm what about Inspector Gadget?

The show was bad but the live action adaptation was good

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Jerry Cotton posted:

Maxwell Smart did the voice acting though.

Don Adams can't compete with the theatrical stylings of Matthew Broderick/French Stewart

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Jerry Cotton posted:

unpopular onion.

No editing this

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

sassassin posted:

Like, this literally doesn't happen anywhere in the books. There are some spoons that one character has been trying to steal from another for years. She is a bad person.

There are sections of the books (mostly the back end) where Tolkien deliberately mimics the structure of the old epics (that would list whole genealogies for pages upon pages - as in The Aeniad), but it's not constant throughout all six.

His prose pays special attention to landscapes and ancestry because they inform the characters (via History) and frame the stakes of the quest. To say it's "just world-building" is dense. The story and characters are intimately concerned with the passage of time and its effect good and bad, the death of the country idyl etc.

The language stuff is a sidenote in The Lord of the Rings itself, the pop-culture idea that it dominates his writing is based on appendices and different works published after his death.

And taking issue with the songs is the dumbest criticism I've ever heard as the book is a musical so how can there not be songs?

Lol

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

doverhog posted:

there is the new popular science theorem that liking bitter flavours means you are a psychopath

There is no :rolleyes: big enough for this.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Aesop Poprock posted:

I like chocolate and fruit but chocolate dipped fruit is bad. I don't think that poo poo works together even remotely

Totally. Strawberry, cherry, blueberry, lemon, none of these are good with chocolate. Orange can work sometimes, raspberry is the absolute worst.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

zandert33 posted:

Also if we want to talk about "lazy and unmotivated" we can look right at Europe. They don't care, and then they'll take 2 months of vacation time.

Don't you mean holiday time? :grin:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

CowboyKid posted:

People who post should be banned.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

You Are A Elf posted:

Most classic sketch shows are viewed through rose colored glasses and remembered fondly through Internet lists outlining the funniest and most memorable skits only. No one ever revisits said shows in their entirety or at least the majority and remembers the bad unfunny filler sketches that permeate each show, which is roughly about 90%.

God, Monty Python.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Ytlaya posted:

If you go too long without sweating all of your body's sweat glands will rupture, causing a visual effect not unlike thousands of tiny red flowers blossoming beneath your skin. The pain is said to be excruciating.

I've always wanted to look like the ending of MGS3

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Ontario, Canada.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

zh1 posted:

What the hell are you even talking about? Are you people copy/pasting this poo poo from somewhere?

:ironicat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Jerry Cotton posted:

Speaking of which here's a popular opinion: Peggle was drat good and Peggle 2 was completely worthless.

:hellyeah: