Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Alright let's settle this with a deadlifting competition

Punkinhead has a new favorite as of 11:38 on Aug 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

thetoughestbean posted:

This is what steroid abuse does to you

Sounding real resentful of steroid abusers right now smh

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Powered Descent posted:

PHUO: I'm sick of everything being a podcast these days. Sometimes I just want something tightly edited that's actually focused on a topic, instead of spending three hours listening to some annoying bros shooting the poo poo about it.

I'm sorry, your only options now are boring 2 hour long podcasts or 10 minute youtube videos with chaotic editing and yelling.

Or perhaps I could interest you in a 12 hour video essay about a video game you hate?

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Yngwie Mangosteen posted:

whatever excuse you need, friend.

The system exists for him to make fun of people, not the other way around dingus!

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Yngwie Mangosteen posted:

you have no idea how big a burn I think it is. :c00lbert:

I'm just pointing out that he doesn't actually want his stats out there, and likely can't even do at least one of the exercises. He just wanted to try and smugly write about how everyone is fat and lazy.

Oh I have no doubt he could do it and probably better than most, I just think it comes off like a weird little power fantasy about a government mandated program to prove he can do it better than other people and probably mock or shame them for it

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Kei Technical posted:

Pick a system of measurements, be it metric or dumb

He's 19 hands tall and nearly 16 stone if that helps

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

OPAONI posted:

Christmas albums are never good and are only made when a performer needs a quick paycheck for zero effort.

:wrong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2MZyKvNMBg

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

bullshit has less malicious intent. it's like nonsense. a person might feed you a line of bullshit simply out of ignorance. horseshit is more intentional and deserving of scorn and should be said more emphatically

Well said. Bullshitting can be so mild that it basically just means small talk. For example you can bullshit with your coworkers about which dragon ball character is the best. Horseshit has no chill, it is exclusively used for objectively bad or wrong things.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

thetoughestbean posted:

How do you feel about almond milk

This is actually a pet peeve of mine!

Yeah it's more environmentally friendly than cow milk but not as much as you think, it's still an assload of water compared to other alternatives!

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Yowza! :wiggle:

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Good books are like good dogs

They're all the best and gently caress anyone who doesn't like them

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I just say I like everything because I don't want to tell people irl all I really listen to anymore is jpop and jazz

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Grassy Knowles posted:

How about jpop jazz fusion like pizzicato five and cibo matto

It is ftw, pizzicato five has those really chill music videos too

Never heard of cibo matto though, listening to some now and it's so good! Hotel Valentine is really grabbing me, great bass

Me rn :

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

TiggumGPT trying to learn how these frustratingly illogical humans associate irrelevant prompts such as "pleasant" with "sleep"

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I could watch Miss Congeniality on repeat so I'm gonna go ahead and agree :hai:

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

My mom loves Christmas so much that one tree is no longer enough, so she puts up several throughout her house every year. I used to be a little embarrassed by it, her house looks like a Hallmark showroom on steroids every year. It makes her really happy and that's awesome. But as we get older I realize that we don't have that many Christmases left together and when that time comes I'm going to miss my moms crazy Christmas house :unsmith:

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I was the produce witch.

Most of my job was just shuffling produce around but old ladies liked asking for "the good watermelon" and have me cut them up and wrap them up in plastic for them. They were the best.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Josef bugman posted:

When it feels as if you are being judged for how you play things, it's natural to try and play "optimally" even if it isn't as fun to you. This is a problem everywhere, but in games especially.

I think it's just a side effect of living in the information age. You're able to look up how to do anything and many people have spent countless hours discussing and refining the thing you like. You can see the results of their work and it makes yours look like poo poo. You feel like you've missed out by not learning how they do it and replicating it.

It's true of every hobby or interest I have. Painting, knitting, game design, writing, music, even the simplest things like how to brew good coffee.

But you're right there's something special about the way it effects how I play games. Every Skyrim character I make ends up a sneaky archer lol

Punkinhead has a new favorite as of 15:52 on Dec 4, 2023

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Gripweed posted:

Paul Bunyan is an important part of American culture, therefore he's an important part of world culture. So it speaks poorly of you that you don't know who Paul Bunyan and Babe the blue ox are.

Some people would say it was unnecessary and a bit weird to give the giant blue cow statue a true-to-scale dick and balls

but I am not some people

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Summer is bad, period

99% agreed

the 1% is for people who live in Scandinavia or wherever

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Gripweed posted:

...yes? Do you not follow the news? Hamas delivered a serious blow to the credibility of Israel's security state. The Taliban retook Afghanistan in a week. The Houthis have been able to seriously disrupt shipping to Israel. Recent years have been full of very impressive achievements by small military groups with little funding.

Lol

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Couldn't even win the war on Christmas smdh

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

My milquetoast opinion is that ornithopters are underutilized in sci-fi/fantasy

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Rick posted:

Was a bit scary since private trucks without a limiter were also going 90+, weaving around trucks that were going 60.

Turns out the way I played American Truck Simulator was a little more realistic than I thought

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Resident Evil was always bad and lame

Before we moved a dude at our apartments had a decommissioned police cruiser still painted in cop black and white, and vanity Raccoon City PD plate frames. He is the lamest part of the Resident Evil Extended Universe and needs a swirlie and a locker asap

I had a customer who wanted to commission me to doll up a real M9 to look like his airsoft Raccoon City PD one

If we're handing out swirlies, I'm sorry but my guy is first in line.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Alright everyone, post your stacks of manuals. Smallest stack gets sent to the support hole

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Seriously though I can never bring myself to throw away a box or a manual, I'm glad I can call it being responsible now instead of hoarding

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Maybe you noticed it more because that's when right wingers became obsessed with it as a sign that the world had gone soft. How far America had fallen for we lived in fear of peanuts hur hur hur...

Then they started bitching about trans people and critical race theory so you haven't heard about it since.

Punkinhead has a new favorite as of 14:15 on Apr 9, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

drat that's cold