Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Contrary to what i claimed for most of my teenage years, paracetamol is quite good when you have a cold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I think i have only ever put Worcestershire sauce on my cheese on toast

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Cats and dogs both make great pets for different reasons and I've got no particular preference.

Dont get the whole reptile/amphibian thing though. They are not attractive animals. Every person I've known to collect them has been a bit oddball.

Snake girl that had multicolored tattoos and piercings and sold weed, women that turned lesbian and ran off with her other reptile collecting lover and left one of my friends after 12 years and a teacher that ran off with one of his students.

It just seems that people who have pet reptiles are doing it to fill an otherwise gaping hole in their personalities.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Salt and vinegar is the best crisp flavour by a distance only measurable on a galactic scale

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Someone bought me this avatar of Jimmy Saville and I have no idea why

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Elfgames posted:

i just assume you're a libertarian

Well i did like BioShock

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
A fish supper with curry sauce and pickled egg is the greatest treasure Britain gave the world

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
People who willfully point out "i'd pay more to take a plane/train/go to a restaurant if I didn't have to hear other people's children" are amusing, you were a child once too and you were also probably a little poo poo

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
No grown adult should give a gently caress if Captain Birdman gets blown up by the Hammerfist Ray God in the first 10 minutes of a Marvel film. Its a comic book movie, your enjoyment should come from the visual spectacle, if that's not enough to sustain your interest and instead you need to have the revelation that The Thundercunt and the Jackknobber had a kid to make your 3 hour cinema experience worthwhile then revealing these spoilers to you out of context and before the event is only going to make you a better person long-term.

Edit: do kids actually care about spoilers or do they just watch things and enjoy them for what they are?

JollyBoyJohn has a new favorite as of 11:19 on Apr 28, 2019

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Tattoos which the wearer can't see without looking im a mirror are lame.

Excessive amounts of tattoos dont make you an intersting person.

The best tattoos are subtle references.

Fat chicks rule.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I think the first time I ever saw a Clown in any context was the Stephen King movie when I was like 9 years old, it was on the same holiday to my cousins in Scotland where I played Resident Evil 2 for the first time, the whole clowns being creepy meme has real backbone.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

doverhog posted:

It sounds like you have some opinions about what grown adults should care about. Please share, I would like to care about (more?) things.

Self improvement is a difficult thing

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Ive just realised i only know 3 gay people and they all came out after years long heterosexual relationships.

It must be a real low blow to be on the other end of that decision

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
My PHUO: 8 hours of sleep is a MINIMUM

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Sucks man. I bought a sleep mask and it was the best 5 quid i ever spent. Never use an alarm either I can rely on my body to wake up when it needs too.

I've been gong to bed earlier and earlier this year and ill easily get 9.5 hours if i can.

Kinda sucks to spend so much of my time on this planet asleep but if there's 2 things i can't handle its lack of sleep and hangovers

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Mu Zeta posted:

It's because short tiny people tend to have really good back posture in order to maximize their height. So everything they do looks way too "tryhard" while a taller person slightly slouches and everything they do looks more casual and normal. Stop having such good posture.

This sounds like something a casting director for Seinfeld said

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Dota 2 ruined normal videogames for me because id rather come home after work and play a mediocre game of dota 2 for an hour than all the generic retreads of the open world formula which bores be too tears.

Dota is intersting, it has statistics and its challenging and each game is seperate. I dont need to come home and play days gone for 3 hours a night for a month because that sounds loving boring

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Tiggum posted:

I like the song Friday. I fully understand that it's an objectively bad song, but I'm not saying I like it "ironically" or anything. I just enjoy listening to it.

I like it but I don't know if its an ironic way. Its a dumb as hell song that I could have written and its poorly sung but its still really fun to jam on once in a while at the end of the working week. Its not gratuitously offensive and hard to listen to in the manner of a Cardi B song.

On the subject, I didn't like the movie Friday which I've heard a good few people recommend strongly, I watched it while i was stoned as well so that wasn't a factor, it just felt like nothing happened.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
What little I've seen of the MCU has been fine entertainment, irredeemable garbage is a strong description though, I'd save that for the bullshit my ex would watch on Netflix like Pretty Little Liars

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

burial posted:

How bad is Pretty Little Liars? My daughter is obsessed at the moment and is trying to sell it to me as the kind of melodramatic stupid soap-y stuff I love to laugh at.

Its really shite. There's some overarching plot about a missing girl or something but I can't remember if it was vampires or witcher or mysticism or whatever because it was so unmemorable and bland. Every single scene is just 2 attractive people attempting to have a serious and dramatic conversation while sombre piano music plays over the top.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
The Killing Joke is a great comic, so great that every comic I have attempted to read since has bored me.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Smart phones are cool and having an internet browser, cd player and camera in your pocket is awesome.

People like to say its a major problem in society as if people didn't stare at newspapers in the 1920s. The problem isn't that humans have an online device they are obsessed with more than the real world. Its just a symptom of the real world being so drab in comparison.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

spit on my clit posted:

all films are poo poo because you could be playing Toejam and Earl: Back in the Groove instead

Wise word's

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Superhero films peaked at the first xmen.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

His Divine Shadow posted:

Just came back from a 4 day vacation and I just wanted to say I don't like to travel. This feels like a terribly unpopular opinion to have.

I hate international travel

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
You know what's nicer than France?

Jersey

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Shibawanko posted:

I'd sure as hell rather live in like Metz or Rennes or even Marseilles rather than Leeds or Glasgow or Liverpool.

Living in cities has always sounded worse though

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
My PHUO: I hate the word scallion and much prefer "spring onion"

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I love tea, and coffee but mostly tea. Earl Gray, English Breakfast, half a sugar and milk please, cream if its coffee and I'm getting it at a Costa or the like, one coffee per morning and 3 cups of tea a day minimum, goes well with a biscuit

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

doverhog posted:

I always liked tea, unsweetened no milk, but didn't drink it that often, coffee just packed more punch. Lately tho, working evening shift, I drink a lot of tea. Drinking coffee after 18:00 just feels wrong unless I plan to stay up all night for some reason.

Oh god yeah, just one coffee for breakfast in the morning and maybe take one in the vacumn flask for work but never any after mid day

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I literally only keep the recycle bin and a folder called "games" which has shortcuts in it on my desktop.

Seeing the state some people get their desktop in makes me feel nauseous.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I've enjoyed the experiences I've had in VR do far but its very much a peripheral like a racing wheel, I dont think I'd like to experience a 60 hour rpg all in VR for example. Astro Boy sure put a massive smile on my face when i first played it though.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
My PHUO: I have started vaping to assist with cutting down smoking and driving to work this morning ripping fizzy cola flavoured haze was a great start to the week.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I dont know a lot about Seth Rogen movies but superbad is a modern classic

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

In team fortress 2, Spy sucks and always has

You can play classes that arnt medic???

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Tubgoat posted:

Chewin' the Fat, as available on Yankee Netflix, owns, Scotland in general owns, their accents own especially hard and if their women are as perpetually-horny as media makes them out to be, that owns hardest of all.

While chewing the fat (and indeed Limmy) are 2 of the finest things my country has produced I wouldn't say our woman are known for being particularly horny. They do drink a lot if that explains it though.

Accents here are weird, i especially hate the stereotypical Glasgow accent which isn't sexually alluring at all, ladies from the Highlands have very sensual accents though

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Is anyone actually a furrie?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I think its a bit much to call a worldwide community of what, maybe 80 people gross and pathetic. Live and let live!

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Those 2 lonlies from the faroe islands and svalbard should really have a date

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
The best Shakespeare adaption is 10 things i hate about you