Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I'm trying to think what my closest time to beat of 8 hours is and upon looking at my steam you might just be right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I like working from home because I can start early, crack on and be on the videogames by 2pm

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
It creates a divisive situation in my house where my wife has to sometimes be out from 8am till 10pm at night while I literally stay in bed till 3pm 5 days a week

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
they already seem to mostly contain vehicles or traffic lights which tbh are the 2 things that make me feel saddest in life

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I'd prolly just get killed tbh

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
The crappy warehouse in Glasgow Story? Genuinely one of the most hilarious things

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I live about an hour from the Willy Wonka thing and it's just hilarious, the fact someone thought you could just chuck a few plastic novelty huge chocolate bars in a warehouse and pay 2 bored teenagers to paint their faces orange and then charge children £35, thirty five loving quid, in this economy, to drink half a cup of lemonade and eat 3 jellybeans and get scared by a literal 16 year old child with a shiny mask on called "The Unknown". That's mind boggling, and incredibly brazen in itself.

Feel a bit bad for the parents and the children but what did they expect turning up to a warehouse on the docks of Glasgow on a cold February weekend? The parents I can't help but see as naïve, for the kids who were disappointed by the event I only hope this serves as a real Kickstarter into the mind of the adult world and how much it will try and exploit and wring every single penny from you.

It's really quite a depressing story about greed, false promises and human exploitation. The only thing that would possibly make it funnier is if the kids were compensated by being taken to the cinema and made to watch Dune 2 so they could get a proper whiplash from "cheap, flimsy experience" to "overblown, pompous nonsense". Whole range of human emotion covered in a day there

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I only experience Neil DeGrasse Tyson in the form of Youtube shorts and I find him quite likeable, not quite as likeable as the irish guy that makes woodwork with historic techniques but much more likeable than those irritating Australians that get drunk and make bad jokes

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

credburn posted:

Hey, let me ask a question about YouTube shorts. I'm not really a YouTube person, but to me, Shorts are exactly the same as a regular YouTube video but with some features taken away. They must do something. Do they integrate in a different way with Facebook or something? What exactly is a "short" as opposed to a "video" and why would I ever want to view a short in lieu of a video?

They are usually a bit shorter op hth

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Smdh that we've had a dozen posts about YouTube shorts and no-one has brought up the annoying drunk Australians

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Robobot posted:

Wait, are you telling me there’s sober Australians? I always thought those were cryptids like the drop bear or bunyip.

They say that about Scotsman too and at least we have the shite grey weather to justify it

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Mega Man 3 isn't that great a game. A lot of it is just nostalgia. Unfinished, repetitive (the four stages after you beat the Robot Masters, plus Wily's Fortress plus defeating Protoman, plus defeating Wily himself), and unoriginal Robot Master powers (Top Spin :laffo:). Both 2 and 4 are better games.

Yeah 4s the best

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I just pay for youtube premium so I can get ad-less youtube on my work pc, home pc and phone

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

You can get all of this for free

Yeah and you can go on Indian youtube with a vpn and get it for 2 quid a month but at some point you watch enough youtube on enough devices that it's just less hassle

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Something can be so bad it's good but being boring is the ultimate sin

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Tiggum posted:

It's not vain to believe a song is about you when it actually is. Especially when it contains such specific details that couldn't plausibly apply to anyone else. Did you date Carly Simon prior to November 1972 and (also before that date but after ending your relationship) fly your lear jet up to Nova Scotia to see the total eclipse of the sun? Then the song is about you. That's not vanity. If you didn't think the song was about you you'd be astoundingly oblivious.

Once you know mick jagger does backing vocals you can't hear carly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

thetoughestbean posted:

EDM is garbage

Peaked with the KLF