Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

soviet elsa
Feb 22, 2024
lover of cats and snow

thetoughestbean posted:

You’re British. Your country’s woes are self-inflicted.

I didn't know they were British until now, but that makes my PHUO I was going to write in response anyway extra lol.

I'm Egyptian-American. Yeah, the USA sucks immense amounts of rear end and is perhaps the single worst country. In ever.

But my take:

it's hilarious how people from places like Britain, Spain, France, Israel sob that America ruined them. Was it involved? Sure, yeah, honestly there is very little bad poo poo in the past century or so I don't think some idiot More Money For Us USA special forces haven't been at least related to. But for rich comfy countries, the CIA did not force you to elect frothing reactionaries over and over. Joe Biden did not do Erdogan.

The stupid accent I speak English in is because Britain deported a shitload of people they didn't like. The reason I'm Egyptian-American and not Egyptian is because Britain, or should I say the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, very cool normal country don't want to misname it and be a disrespectful yank, invaded my country in support of Israel. And before that, you know, Britain loving colonized my country?

In short, Britain is currently under a revolving clown car of terfy Tories because that is what British voters love and want. The damned Yanks didn't make you do it. You did it. Britain of every loving country in the world has no right to claim it's bad because America did it.

soviet elsa has a new favorite as of 02:59 on Mar 16, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soviet elsa
Feb 22, 2024
lover of cats and snow
Dune is an unreadable trash book. The movies do just what they are supposed to. I feel like an alien when people describe it as this return to form for sci-fi movies. It’s the boringest trash ever. I gave it a good try but no, I do not care at all about Tim Chalamet becoming Muhammad and Jesus and Luke. It is so loving boring.