Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm Asian and I don't give a gently caress about Hollywood whitewashing Asian roles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Tiggum posted:

Complaining about "selfies" like as though they're a new phenomenon and not the absolute first thing a camera was ever used for is incredibly dumb. People like taking pictures of themselves and always have. Before cameras were invented, people who could afford it got artists to paint them. Half the reason mirrors exist is just so we can look at ourselves for no more reason than we want to.

They didn't commission 70 portraits of themselves eating a croissant though.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

When people say that caffeine or msg or something gives them a headache i think it is bullshit

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There are also different types of bacon. Some of them just taste like ham with a lot of fat on it. Those don't benefit from being too crispy.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

ToxicSlurpee posted:

The right way to cook your meat is how you like eating it. I have no idea why this opinion is so unpopular.

I like my steak extra well done, burnt a bit actually, and then doused in a poo poo load of A1 sauce. I can't stand rare steak at all and think that an overcooked steak with a ton of steak sauce is really, really tasty.

If I'm eating a steak I'm eating it that way and anybody that tells me it's wrong is a jerk. It's my god damned steak I'll eat it how I want to.

Can you tell the difference between different cuts of meat? Why even buy tenderloin if you're going to make it super dry anyway? I mean spend your money however you want but it doesn't make sense to cook all meat the same way.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Gluten free bread should not be called bread. That's like calling tofu a meat substitute. Tofu is a perfectly fine complement to meat dishes but never on its own.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

No. When you ask for wheat bread it's usually a brown colored bread or whole wheat bread. White bread here specifically refers to the ultra processed and soft wonder bread stuff.

There are other white colored breads like sourdough or baguettes or ciabatta but people don't call that white bread.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Anime has a lot of potential but most of their fanbase just seem to be the grossest of humans

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Pentatonix sounds incredibly irritating. I have no idea how people can stand their christmas music either.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The Saddest Rhino posted:

The only good storyline from any Sonic medium (video games, cartoons, comics, christmas sweaters) is Sonic Underground.

I didnt' know Sonic games had a story or that anyone gave a poo poo about them

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The first episode was really good. Downhill from there.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

4k sports looks amazing when I see it at the store but I don't watch sports. And 4k content is lacking and takes too much bandwidth to stream. It's going to be a while before it becomes more mainstream. Much better than the 3D poo poo they tried to force down our throats though.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

People that continue to knowingly go to the theater to watch boring garbage are themselves a boring and garbage person.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

You can buy happiness

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Aramek posted:

There's a lot of wealthy sad people who suck at it.

Lemme show'em how it's done. I'll take that burden offa them.

It's still possible. Of course some people are uncreative sad sacks

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

MisterBibs posted:

TNG is the best Trek series, and everything since then has been trying to desperately chase the popular success it got to varying levels of failure. DS9 tried by being Not Your Mama's Trek, Voyager tried by being More Of The Same Trek, and Enterprise failed because by that time the mainstream/casual folks that watched TNG moved on to other things.

Hell, let's make this a two-for-one: Trek is at its best when its episodic. Space ship goes to a place, stuff happens, they move on. I dig serialized content as much as the next guy, but Trek for me is explicitly episodic.

gently caress TNG

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

yeah I eat rear end posted:

May I kindly refer you to Fuddruckers. They are kind of on the border of fast food and a real restaurant since you have to wait ~5 minutes before they get your burger cooked, but it's still very fast compared to a sit down place.

No restaurant that serves 2 pound burgers are any good.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Field Mousepad posted:

Five Guy's and In n Out are miles ahead of traditional fast food places. Yeah it might not be the best burger you'll ever had but it drat sure is an improvement.

I prefer McDonald's french fries to In n Out.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I think the main characteristic of fake news is that it's intentionally completely false and designed for your racist idiot uncle to read on Facebook. Just because someone like WP or NYT makes a mistake doesn't put them in the same league as fake news.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Drag is definitely irritating. It's why Disney made the villain in The Little Mermaid a drag queen.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Obnoxious Youtubers act that way because their target audience are children. Just because Mr Rogers speaks slowly it doesn't make him a retard.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

spit on my clit posted:

the hell are you talking about

Every product seems to have wifi or bluetooth connected to it for some reason. It's pretty much the reason that huge cyberattack happened recently in the US.

That said, I think Twitter has changed the world much more than we think. And I hope Apple Pay and whatever the Google equivalent makes it so nobody has to use physical credit cards.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Stargate has some truly great episodes but I'd say across all the different series there's only like 15 of them, maybe. None of them have been really moving like The Visitor or Far Beyond the Stars on DS9.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Thrawn is canon now.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Pick posted:

nooooooooooooo

The best part of the Thrawn trilogy books was when they discovered an evil clone of Luke Skywalker that was sort of mentally retarded. His name? Luuke Skywalker. Yes, Luke spelled as Luuke.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

WampaLord posted:

Denigrating any type of people is bad and you shouldn't do it. I don't care what label you put on it.

It's also not bad to be honest. I don't want to denigrate any people but it's ok to acknowledge differences that suck.

http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-beliefs-about-sharia/

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

You're not good

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Stalin is effective but so is getting chemotherapy to save time on hair cuts

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Jewish holiday foods are revolting. Gefilte fish is a crime. They even gently caress up delicious potato pancakes by loading it up with apple sauce and sour cream. At least the brisket is good.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Fun Home and Maus too

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There's like 5 stellar songs on Hamilton. That's a great accomplishment IMO but I cannot imagine sitting through the other two hours of the musical.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The worst era of music was when every rock band also had a DJ scratching hot beatz.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Then the snacks should be quieter without loud plastic wrap.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I cannot believe they are still trying to shove 3d down our throats. Nobody wants it, and people that do want it are just slaves to marketing bullshit.

Also nobody wants 120fps or whatever Ang Lee tried to do with the football movie.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

spit on my clit posted:

Speaking of VR, I don't think it's really gonna go anywhere beyond railshooters or funny stupid games like Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, so it probably won't sell too well.

It definitely won't go anywhere if it requires wearing a big sweaty headset attached to a $1500 PC. And since I wear glasses I will probably never use VR until they remove the headset part.

Mu Zeta has a new favorite as of 21:14 on Dec 29, 2016

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Also the "face" of VR Palmer Luckey is probably going to be fired by Facebook. Just a year ago he was on the cover of Time. It's a huge shitshow.

Mu Zeta has a new favorite as of 21:20 on Dec 29, 2016

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Buzzfeed News is genuinely a good news source with well researched articles. They had an exposé about rigged tennis matches that was really good.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/heidiblake/the-tennis-racket?utm_term=.qmwLLW2qK#.vvnxxoW5D

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It also takes up a lot of living room space, maybe more than setting up an xbox kinect. Which is a product that also failed.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

So it might be a cool product in 5-10 years? I'll be holding my breath I guess.

We already have big TVs for home and powerful smartphone for portable gaming/videos. I don't really see this third category taking off anytime soon. I'd definitely be more interested if it evolved past requiring a headset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Dr. Dre is a bad rapper.