Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

caboodle posted:

The clues in the name. Women dont have a penis.

Well this was a fun thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sponsored by Doritos.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ToxicSlurpee posted:

The best one was when they served professional wine tasters the cheapest white wine they could fin with red food coloring in it put in a really fancy bottle with an intricate label and the wine tasters were like "mmmm really really good red wine. The best stuff!" That might be a bit of exaggeration but I remember reading about that too. Wine tasters had absolutely no god damned clue what they were talking about. There were incidences where they would say that a white wine with food coloring added was totally a red wine, we can tell by how it tastes!

I think Sommeliers could probably tell the difference. But here, have a clickbate video showing whiskey reviewers trying different whiskeys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhdlSpfzPvo

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jerry Cotton posted:

I think Fireball used to be classified as a liqueur here but then they stopped selling it because it has too much propylene glycol.

Is "propylene glycol" fancy scientist talk for "bottled bad decisions"?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Das Boo posted:

Give me your goddamn vodka. Good, bad, I don't give a gently caress. I will drink the poo poo out of it.

Vodka is awesome because the better it is the less it tastes like anything. If you can find Wheatley's Vodka drop the ~$20 on it and never look back. Tito's is also an acceptable cheap amazing vodka.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sic Semper Goon posted:

I'm personally indifferent, but I have noticed whenever the subject comes up, the reaction to even the mildest criticism of the practise is comparable to the reaction of someone openly swearing allegiance to the Third Reich.

The case is the same with criticising piercings / other body mods.

I'm covered in tattoos and I still tell people they are a form of self mutilation. Because they are. I like the way they look, sometimes, but you're still cutting your skin open and pouring goop into it to make yourself look different.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

People have always been poo poo.

We have also always partaken in ritualistic cannibalism, but Jeffrey Dahmer isn't walking free.

Cannibalism isn't illegal as long as you don't murder the person or steal a body or anything right? Or is it only if its a survival situation?I have no idea how it works if you have to draw lots while adrift at sea or anything though. DOubt anyone would be prosecuted for that, but you never know.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So you can't buy medical cadavers and open up the newest restaurant sensation? Lame.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Do we need headstones for the dead? People just do things to feel good about them.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Choco1980 posted:

If Alton Brown is to be believed that's due to the higher priced stuff being purified more. So what you do is get one of those brita pitchers you pour the water into and it purifies it on your countertop. Only instead you buy cheap vodka and send it through the pitcher 5 or 6 times, and have absolutely top shelf quality stuff for bottom shelf prices.

Or just spend $20 on either of the bottles I just told you about and call it a day.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pastry of the Year posted:

Well, you do eat rear end. Start here if you want to tempt fate with room temperature swill against all advice:

I one time fell asleep on a park bench at like 4am in Chicago in December with nothing but a coat on and two bottles of Night Train in me and I've never slept more soundly or warm in my life. That poo poo is like a liquid Hilton to the homeless.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Me too!

edit:
Though I wasn't homeless. Just didn't make it home.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

You Are A Elf posted:

Did you get me my Cheese Whiz, Boy?

*nonchalantly tosses you your can of Cheez Wiz

*drives through Daley Plaza

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jastiger posted:

Biscuits and gravy are disgusting and it is shameful its so popular in the midwest

Thought that was a southern thing. Unless you mean you're upset that people eat it in the midwest, which doesn't make a lot of sense since you can walk into pretty much any diner in the US and get them. So maybe what you're trying to say is you don't like it?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I have never heard of this style of pizza. Are you thinking of a juicy Lucy?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I like The Big Bang Theory. It's just stupid jokes wrapped in nerd references. Add in them saying "gently caress" a whole bunch and it's Silicon Valley.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I don't pretend it's a good show, I just like it because it's a show obviously written by people that teased nerdy kids in high school and nerds still like it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Has anyone seen that Outdoors show? It may be the worst thing I've ever seen. And Stephen Fry is horrible in it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Frozen was the first Disney animated movie that I've seen since I was a kid and I had to shut it off by the second song. I can't say the same about even the worst pixar movie.

Frozen was terrible because there was no bad guy song. It didn't even have a real antagonist until the last 5 minutes and even then it was garbage. Tangled was good.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I'm an astronomer and everyone I've heard talk about it at work hate it. I think the people who honestly use the term "nerd blackface" are even worse than the fans of the show though. Hating it because it's not funny and the references are uninteresting is fine, hating it because you are offended by the portrayal of nerds is weird.

Nerd "culture" is terrible and even though many/most/all people in the field are nerds by anyone's definition, it is very unpopular to act like one at work. The nerdiest behavior I've seen is people getting a bit too excited about new Star Wars movies, but it's still nowhere close to the poo poo they do/say on that show.

e: that said I do get a little offended when my parents compare me to characters on the show, especially sheldon.

I think anyone would be offended by being compared to Sheldon.

Edit:
It would be like comparing someone to the mom from Malcolm in the Middle.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tangled was good because it had that song in the bad guys bar. :colbert:

Also terrible people are usually the people that get their way in real life so it's a terrific lesson to teach kids.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Das Boo posted:

I honestly think it'd be a good idea to make a children's film about coping with the idea that bad people sometimes go unpunished.

Duh, that's what Beauty and the Beast is for.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It had two Disney Princesses in one movie.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Das Boo posted:

The... fairy? I take it?

The kidnapping Beast of course. The Peter Theil of Disney princes.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

How dare you speak ill of my pet hermit crabs.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

You don't walk your coral or take it to coral parks to socialize it with other coral? You're a bad coral parent.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Fry has an awesome voice for a host.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

Check out The Unbelievable Truth with David Mitchell for how to host this sort of show properly. Fry was too much of a smug blowhard, and it wore on me fast.

Fry really is very clever and knowledgeable when people are whispering clever and knowledgeable things into his headset.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tiggum posted:

A life-support system is an artificial life extending device. Those mean the same thing. And it really doesn't matter if someone's 60 or 600, if they've got something they need to live and you just take it away, you're a murderer.

I'd love to do shrooms with you.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Das Boo posted:

I like the stereotype of Americans being overly friendly and boisterous with strangers. It pisses the hell outta my BIL's German relatives and it's great.

I wanna go to Germany sometime this year. Are you saying that I shouldn't do the typical American greeting of a firm open hand slap to the rear end of same sex introductions? How the hell am I supposed to greet people then?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I wonder why Americans are more boisterous and outgoing than Europeans. My guess would be that our country is bigger than their continent so we're only used to dealing with ourselves instead of traveling 80 miles and being in a totally different culture.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I've only been to Mexico and Canada outside of the US and everyone I met in those countries seemed like neighborhood friends. Outgoing, super nice, and loved drinking with the American.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Instead of eugenics I think fixing potential problems genetically while in the womb would be a better thing to focus on. Imagine a world where you can just pop that extra chromosome out of the embryo and eliminate down syndrome.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I think we've all seen Jurassic Park, so we know that women will start turning into frogs and then mate. Or something.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The only reason I like the original trilogy of Star Wars was because I saw them when I was a kid. I don't know why new generations clomp onto them besides "its nerdy and I want to associate with nerd culture."

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Impossible!

I'm an idiot

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jastiger posted:

Why would the latter be bad?

Now we're cooking! :munch:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I'm a rich business mogul who needs a male heir to pass my company down to. Gotta make sure he's straight too, can't have my name go to some gay guy who won't have a real family.

Don't Japanese business men adopt adult male heirs for exactly this reason already?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

WampaLord posted:

Do you think anyone is doing this because "gently caress yes, now I get a defective baby!" because that's the impression you're giving off here.

I'm sure there are some of those people out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Grandmother of Five posted:

for some reason an image springs to my mind of being seated at a SS dinner party, desperately wanting to change the current topic of conversation, leaning in to Dr. Mengele and Himmler, saying that i like to put ketchup on hot dogs.

They'd be in the moral right looking at you with disgust.