Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004
when a woman says something's not funny, you better not laugh your ass off

The Mighty Moltres posted:

PHUO: Sqiud Game was boring and predictable.

Agreed. Was the hype around this poo poo astro-turfed or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004

Gripweed posted:

those websites where when you scroll parts of the website stay where they are and other parts scroll over them loving suck

I miss desktop apps that weren't just websites.

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004
So does full metal alchemist get it right or wrong?

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004

credburn posted:

People that alter perfectly fine gifs so that it slows down or speeds up for (((dramatic effect)))

upset me

I think the iphone has a mode that automatically does this, and that's why you see it so often.

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004
I too lack the ability to tell whether what I'm watching is good or not. That's why I only watch stuff that's old.

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004

postmodifier posted:

Sherbet vs Sherbert is a UK/USA as far as I know, and in my personal experience the south/southwest says sherbet, the northeast is sherbert??

All I can say is I worked in canada-bordered restaurants a ton in NY and if you asked for sherbert you got garbage, if you asked for sorbet you got the nice stuff

I'm from the south and I say sherbert. Never heard anyone say sherbet.

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004

Gaius Marius posted:

Shepard's pie has no beef, the clue is in the name

It's filled with shepards?

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004
I'm pretty sure the whole generation thing is made up bullshit.

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004
I'm with you Gripweed. Your idea is dumb, but not because you won't post your stats.

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004

Gripweed posted:

Science needs to develop smaller apples so we can have caramel apples that aren’t so big you regret getting one before you’ve finished it.

This is a pet peeve of mine. Apples are too loving big these days. I just want a snack, not a meal. Apples are bigger than my fist. Ain't no one got time for that poo poo.

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004

Muscle Tracer posted:

There is absolutely no reason for a package of multiple servings of food to be non-resealable. Just put ziplocs on literally everything already.

What's weird is I bought some socks and they come in a ziploc bag. Like I'm gonna keep my socks in there. And I need to keep them fresh or something.

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004

Gripweed posted:

I've been watching the Australian version of Taskmaster, and it's pretty bad. That got me thinking, I can't think of a single funny Australian. America, England, Scotland, Canada, New Zealand, every other country in the anglosphere has produced tons of funny people. But not Australia. I'm starting to think there's something unique about Australia that retards comedic development.

They've got crocodile dundee, and he's still got it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsebsYtyCTs

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004

thetoughestbean posted:

Instead of complaining about Neil DeGrasse Tyson’s dumb nitpicks of sci-fi movies, people should just ignore him. The media would stop boosting him if it stopped getting interaction

Who's that? I don't pay any attention to him. Doing my part.

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004

credburn posted:

They're not short -- is there even a limit to how long a "Short" is? I've seen some that are minutes long. And functionally it's no different than hitting "next video" on normal YouTube.

It's literally just vertical shot videos. I think if you post a vertical video it makes it a short. Something like that. The point is you just infinitely scroll, mindlessly swiping your finger. Occasionally stopping on an interesting one, and the algorithm adjusts based on that. The point is that it's effortless. showing increasingly relevant videos. YouTube just sucks at it.

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004
I like to playback at half speed. That way I can enjoy it longer.

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004

soviet elsa posted:

Dune is an unreadable trash book. The movies do just what they are supposed to. I feel like an alien when people describe it as this return to form for sci-fi movies. It’s the boringest trash ever. I gave it a good try but no, I do not care at all about Tim Chalamet becoming Muhammad and Jesus and Luke. It is so loving boring.

You are an alien. It was pretty good. 9 out of 10 scienticians agree.

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004

thetoughestbean posted:

I find rich people who actively try to pursue immortality/longevity to be deeply offensive as a human being. We need death! People need to die and be replaced. A world of immortality is a world of stagnation

gently caress that, I'm gonna live forever

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004

Gripweed posted:

The US shouldn’t do a Cold War with China.

Pretty controversial opinion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004

doverhog posted:

I liked the Fallout show overall, but the Ghoul character seemed to have too much plot armor.

It makes sense that he'd survive 200 years if he has this level of plot armor, but if I was writing a show and wanted to make those scenes make sense I'd have him sold his soul to the devil to buy a protection spell, or I guess the scenes could have been directed or shot different.

Otherwise, it makes no sense how many times his enemies that have him in their sights just wait for him to stop talking, and then he shoots them.

He's been around for 200 years so he's like level 100 by now.