Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."
And you'd think something like that would get bipartisan support too. There's just no vision in Washington.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."
But what if you're really good? Then maybe they wouldn't kill you, huh? How good would you have to be to not get killed by the Skynet Fuckbot?

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

doverhog posted:

The bot is not gonna be connected to anything or be sentient. But in the nether spheres AI will judge you for all your sins, like god used to do.
That's fair. We were bound to find a replacement after we killed god again.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
Audiobooks and podcasts both seem more like a continuation of traditionally radio plays, and I am for it. Theatre of the mind is becoming kind of a lost art.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Gripweed posted:

I literally just posted an audio movie that cost 200 million dollars to make and has over a billion downloads
My apologies, that was worded terribly. I meant it more optimistically. I should have said "was becoming..." I feel like we are definitely in an era of resurgence in the medium, and I think that's rad.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Gripweed posted:

No, i really think nut allergies were a much bigger thing, culturally, in like the mid 2000s

Do you have kids? Because I accidentally let my daughter walk into class the other day with a peanut butter cracker and they treated her like Patient 0 until she scrubbed down. It's definitely still a concern.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
Yeah! Get his rear end!

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Gripweed posted:

The people who make fun of the Alanis Morissette song Ironic are very stupid, and misognystic. They claim that Morissette is too stupid to understand what irony is because she wrote a song called Ironic that did not feature a single actual case of irony.
But then wouldn't that make Ironic ironic for it's lack of irony?

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

QR Code Geass posted:

In Office Space Milton says he saw two squirrels "and they were married". He couldn't put in to words what he'd seen so a convenient euphemism takes it back to Disney.
"...and they were merry."

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Gaius Marius posted:

The complete dismantling of Drake's empire, career, and life is going to be studied by future historians, never before has one artist so quickly cut through another's BS so systematically and effectively laying bare their complete disgrace for all to see . This is some Frazier vs Ali levels of enmity coming out and I'm glad to be alive to witness it.
Would you care to expand on this? I have no idea what is going on but I enjoy the downfall of famous people.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Gaius Marius posted:

I'd give a summary but Drake just released a song fifteen minutes ago claiming that KDot is coming at him because he was molested as a child. This poo poo isn't ending anytime soon.
Haha. I'll just wait for the HBO movie. Thanks though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

doverhog posted:

You are right, sorry for this basic math fail. You could include other people too like Stalin, Pol Pot, etc. so it's not an accurate measurement.

Trump isn't Hitler yet, since he hasn't done genocide, unlike the other two.
How many Hitler's would a Hitler Hitler if a Hitler could Hit-ler?