Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Macklemore?
Yes
Yes
View Results

• Locked thread
Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I WISH HE WOULD MACKLE LESS!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
:page3:

Nooner posted:

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
I'd buy THAT for a dollar!!!!

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Nooner posted:

lol

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Joust posted:

One day we'll look back at macklemore and think "Pissssssssssss"

And that day is today.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs
can ya'll fuckers stop calling rappers musicians... poets maybe, but it's not like they write their own beats or anything

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Dubplate Fire posted:

can ya'll fuckers stop calling rappers musicians... poets maybe, but it's not like they write their own beats or anything

youre dumb as heck

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Dubplate Fire posted:

Bad opinion

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Nooner posted:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
it's funny how people say that both producers and rappers are not musicians. the former argument was common to hear when sampling was used more prominently (think kanye using daft punk's stronger) and has rightfully fallen out of use since. and the latter argument is retarded for a number of reasons obviously not the least of which is that rapping takes vocal prowess and musical talent to mesh the words with the beat in interesting ways and switching things up which is commonly known as flowing

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Got to see him perform live last week. Very blessed. Snapped a pic.

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

I went to college with him. He probably was not any more of a douche than most of my peers; I went to a lovely college.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i like his song about drinking that cool cough syrup

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
I hope Trump builds a wall between Macklemore and his recording studio.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I wish he would Mackleless lol

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
thank god we have people like macklemore and michael moore and louis ck and john oliver out there to look out for the rights of minorities and stuff

did anyone already make that joke in this thread im sorry if i missed it but it's low hanging fruit and should be out there somewhere

bleep.bloop
Jun 19, 2016

Oh, dear leader!

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

thank god we have people like macklemore and michael moore and louis ck and john oliver out there to look out for the rights of minorities and stuff

did anyone already make that joke in this thread im sorry if i missed it but it's low hanging fruit and should be out there somewhere

Look, if the existence of this thread proves anything, it's that it's A) totally okay to be late to the game, and B) totally okay to be derivative as gently caress when cashing in.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Until this tread, I confused Macklemore with Riff-Raff.

All white rap besides 3rd Bass sucks.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

thathonkey posted:

it's funny how people say that both producers and rappers are not musicians. the former argument was common to hear when sampling was used more prominently (think kanye using daft punk's stronger) and has rightfully fallen out of use since. and the latter argument is retarded for a number of reasons obviously not the least of which is that rapping takes vocal prowess and musical talent to mesh the words with the beat in interesting ways and switching things up which is commonly known as flowing

ya but rap is retards attempting poetry

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

thathonkey posted:

Kanye is a great producer and a godawful rapper

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
i wish he'd get tackled-more

sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates