Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Volkerball posted:

Weren't so smug about it when he was using them to not shut down Guantanamo were you.

???

if you think i support the democratic party apparatchiks or was a hillary supporter you are aiming your reasonable fury at the wrong target

i've been mad about obama's refusal to end the wars, close guantanamo, stop mass deportations etc for years and im a marxotween

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

exmarx posted:

jesus christ

is this an album cover

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4P7Jl0qujs

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

A "stale monoculture" is one that uses bright colors and patterns to create an illusion of individuality while largely being interchangeable when it comes to interests, personality, and outlook on the world.

While a "vibrant diversity" is a melting pot of ideas, views, and beliefs that doesn't need to create a way to artificially differentiating yourself through a means that's less than skin deep.

A good tweet

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

"protests are bad" + "democrats should work with trump" ???

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

MizPiz posted:

A "stale monoculture" is one that uses bright colors and patterns to create an illusion of individuality while largely being interchangeable when it comes to interests, personality, and outlook on the world.

While a "vibrant diversity" is a melting pot of ideas, views, and beliefs that doesn't need to create a way to artificially differentiating yourself through a means that's less than skin deep.

A good tweet
I think you'll find authoritarians to be exceedingly boring, friend.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

MizPiz posted:

A good tweet

take this poo poo back to reddit

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Diversity owns, haters vacate.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/EsotericCD/status/800191621950308352

what a good ally, who also is not a partisan hack

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

oh man you guys can't even begin to understand the nuance with which I see the world - jeff

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
maybe you should be an independent like me???

*votes Trump, spraypaints swastika on synagogue*

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
I love esoteric CD

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Diversity owns, haters vacate.

So from binging on Twilight Zone there has been one episode that featured black protagonists. I'm on S3 now and the last time I saw a black person was a wax statue of an African....tribal figure with a spear.

The 60's were something.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

i have 1488 unread posts in the eurothread

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
The all-black principal cast was a novelty for television in 1960. Said Rod Serling at the time (quoted in The Twilight Zone Companion by Marc Scott Zicree):

Television, like its big sister, the motion picture, has been guilty of the sin of omission... Hungry for talent, desperate for the so-called 'new face,' constantly searching for a transfusion of new blood, it has overlooked a source of wondrous talent that resides under its nose. This is the Negro actor.

A few other Twilight Zones would follow the example of this episode and cast blacks in significant roles, including the pastor in "I Am the Night—Color Me Black", with Ivan Dixon, and the electrician in "The Brain Center at Whipple's". These inclusions, though seemingly insignificant by modern standards, were so revolutionary at the time that The Twilight Zone was awarded the Unity Award for Outstanding Contributions to Better Race Relations in 1961.

Originally cast in the lead role was champion boxer Archie Moore, who would later exclaim, "Man, I was in the Twilight Zone!" when describing the knockout punch delivered by his opponent Yvon Durelle in a 1961 match.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Badger of Basra posted:

i have 1488 unread posts in the eurothread

excellent

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Nothing novel happened in Europol.

Oh, I guess, MIGF posted again about how the right-wing surge in Europe is Germany's fault because Merkel did not personally execute every migrant at the border or something like that. :shrug:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

MizPiz posted:

A good tweet

I know what you're going for here but yikes dude this sucks

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Gin and Juche posted:

So from binging on Twilight Zone there has been one episode that featured black protagonists. I'm on S3 now and the last time I saw a black person was a wax statue of an African....tribal figure with a spear.

The 60's were something.

this was a show that got a fuckload of hate mail for airing an episode that dared to portray Adolf Hitler as a villain

the 60s were something, indeed

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

RagnarokAngel posted:

I know what you're going for here but yikes dude this sucks

Well, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. :sigh:

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
i love when cats get all silly and run around

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Pikavangelist posted:

this was a show that got a fuckload of hate mail for airing an episode that dared to portray Adolf Hitler as a villain

the 60s were something, indeed

Huh. Source on that?

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Gin and Juche posted:

Huh. Source on that?

they supposedly got lots of hate mail for "He's Alive" aired a week or two after George Wallace became governor of Alabama where dennis hopper played an aspiring neo-nazi demagogue secretly receiving orders from *gasp* Hitler's ghost! Some people did not take too kindly to the closing monologue

quote:

Where will he go next, this phantom from another time, this resurrected ghost of a previous nightmare – Chicago? Los Angeles? Miami, Florida? Vincennes, Indiana? Syracuse, New York? Anyplace, everyplace, where there's hate, where there's prejudice, where there's bigotry. He's alive. He's alive so long as these evils exist. Remember that when he comes to your town. Remember it when you hear his voice speaking out through others. Remember it when you hear a name called, a minority attacked, any blind, unreasoning assault on a people or any human being. He's alive because through these things we keep him alive.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

I shelled out money for the 28 disc complete twilight zone boxset back before the rights got sorted for it to hit streaming services

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

kustomkarkommando posted:

they supposedly got lots of hate mail for "He's Alive" aired a week or two after George Wallace became governor of Alabama where dennis hopper played an aspiring neo-nazi demagogue secretly receiving orders from *gasp* Hitler's ghost! Some people did not take too kindly to the closing monologue

Huh haven't gotten to that one yet.

drat all these Hitlers are so relevant today.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Rhesus Pieces posted:

How many dadchatters died in the post-election toxx massacre anyway

I post I die I post again, whitenoise

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Swan Oat posted:

hillary: actually,

I think Hillary had the Fischmech vote locked up from the start.

Volkerball posted:

What, like you? Lmao

Edit

THE BALLS ON THIS MOTHER FUCKER

Hahahahaha he's daring him to be a good President

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

I'd like you all to know that America can't be racist because we have a black friend president. Identity politics are a distraction from the real goal of implementing policy that will help everyone, like white men, and I am a real leftist, thank you.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Octatonic posted:

I'd like you all to know that America can't be racist because we have a black friend president. Identity politics are a distraction from the real goal of implementing policy that will help everyone, like white men, and I am a real leftist, thank you.

Don't forget to mention that you're 1/32 Native American, so you like totally get what being oppressed is like.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Why does Target have separate "activewear" and "sportswear" sections

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Badger of Basra posted:

Ones for around the house and the others for the gym.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Badger of Basra posted:

The scum in our society decided to start wearing things like running clothes as an everyday outfit, and replacing "sports" with "active" makes it easier for them to rationalize doing so.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

MizPiz posted:

The scum in our society decided to start wearing things like running clothes as an everyday outfit, and replacing "sports" with "active" makes it easier for them to rationalize doing so.

I told you to take this poo poo back to reddit, buddy

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

MizPiz posted:

You're aware that Athleisure and consorts are a trend that originated among young women, yes?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

It's because yoga pants are awesome y'all.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Octatonic posted:

the only moral identity politics are white identity politics

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

MizPiz posted:

who constitutes "scum" in your view

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

who constitutes "scum" in your view
looks like it's "women who prefer good looking guys with bad personalities over normal looking nice guys"

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

"I'm just an average-looking nice guy!" screamed elliott rodger, decapitating his roommate with a machete. "why won't girls look at meeeEeeEe?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

the only moral identity politics are white identity politics

internet atheists should be liberal allies, but some women complained that they were being creeps in an elevator once, so they're all right-wingnow. we're all victims of the circular firing squad of the left really

• Locked thread