Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Rhesus Pieces posted:

How many dadchatters died in the post-election toxx massacre anyway

i've been dead going on 11 years now. i was an iraqi teenager killed by a white phosphorus bomb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
my soul fused with the bombed out rubble of a concrete apartment complex. sensing that america must be crushed, I began a long journey across deserts and meadows and ocean floors. I am: the rebar horror

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
sometimes i lean against buildings where children gather and whisper things like "the quran" or "marlyn manson"

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

exmarx posted:

i'm trying to decide between watching david ayer's suicide squad and the chomsky/foucault debate

watch suicide squad on mute, overdubbed by chomsky/foucalt

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

tentative8e8op posted:

chatthread, again

but I just had chatthread for lunch.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
the dad in charge of this chat takes immoral indulgences. i declare myself antidad

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

the haramble meme

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
love trumps hate was such a bad slogan

not only does it put name recognition for your campaign on the opponent, but spoken aloud it can be taken the wrong way: "me? I looooove trump's hate"

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
okay my paid consultants, let's get this brainstorm sesh going. how do you like the sound of... "Gotta Have That Vote!"

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
"America... it's!"
"Work Do Big Go Fast Strong Nicely"
"That's my pres!"
"Fulfilling our obligation"
"Never give up. Trust your instincts."
"He Drew First Blood"
"Yeah!!!!!"

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

:yeah: :agreed: :yeah: :agreed:
:agreed: :yeah: :agreed: :yeah:
:yeah: :agreed: :yeah: :agreed:
:agreed: :yeah: :agreed: :yeah:

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

e: huh that's weird the super/sub formatting shows up in previews but not in posts.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
our basic bargain: lower prices. every day. wal mart.

my favorite is "secure the future" though

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

PupsOfWar posted:

"I'm just an average-looking nice guy!" screamed elliott rodger, decapitating his roommate with a machete. "why won't girls look at meeeEeeEe?"

more like idiot rodger, amiright? heh he...

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
i mean elliot rodger??? didn't even both to buy more than one rodger & become elliot rodgers. dumass

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
*et voice* Elliot.... phone home....
(elliot rodger, picking up phone, dialing number, and waiting 2 seconds before hanging up bc of rear end-devastating phone anxiety) world is against me

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
i'll bet most people working in the private sector feel something like that

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
sometimes i transport things no one would ever need, or for a company like dow

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
I think the philosopher/comedy show host Karl Marx called it something like "alien nation" when you feel that way. workers all across the land feel like their bodies are controlled by alien probes.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Avshalom posted:

all my life i've wondered if cleaning motel rooms is the most depressing job imaginable because you work so hard to get everything so clean for the sole purpose of people coming in and making it disgusting again. and now that i'm doing a completely pointless job just so that other people can come in and undo it in an endlessly recursive cycle, i think the answer is yes

dishwashing for 8 hrs straight in a restaurant is kinda like that. lots of bad smells, lots of crusted-on spots, lots of wasted food. if you get too close to the machine, your hand gets burned. get out at 1am.

still that job was less bad than working in a mall food court because at least I didn't have to deal with customers or managers constantly

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
how could a manager expect a person getting paid the minimum wage of $7.80 to both do their job quickly in front of a hot grill and show genuine smiles to uncaring customers

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Avshalom posted:

confront them with the rictus of the grave

I ended up using a fake accent that was difficult to understand and when questioned about it I would say I was from lithuania

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
driving truck is okay and has its perks compared to everything else i've done (except working in the stands at a baseball stadium, that was fun)

still i feel like i should probably start doing something full time to help friends in the face of the coming Global Suckening

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Matoi Ryuko posted:

By pushing themselves to build up compassion for all living beings by remembering that our paths through the universe may only cross for this one tiny moment in time where this person is ordering a taco from me.

but what if you don't like crossing paths with people because you're conditioned to shrink away from anything loud or potentially threatening

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
I give you your taco from behind this bulletproof, soundproof window

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
and this plague

will be called

H a m i l t o n

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
the great memening spreads across the land. It spares no man or child. It takes the pious and the sinner, the lamb and the lion.

:feelsgood:

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
feral children of the suburbs all gather in the town square, piling their pokemon cards and parents' remains onto a great sacrificial pyre in hopes of fresh rains. the old god is dead! now the dark ones is best friend

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
posses of irony boys scour the plains for male victims. at some point their divine mantra lost a word, thus they became a death cult. now they roam with machetes, collecting members in fleshy necklaces that serve witness to their demented ape god, forever shouting "dicks for harmabe! dicks for harambe!"

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
sleeps with a stuffed-with-c4 animal

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

if you're working the grill why do you have to interact with customers at all. that's the boh privilege

it's a food court, the grill was right by the counter and you were expected to perform for customers

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
a cut of the training video that played on a continuous loop in the back room to instill adherence to company policies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSd33vxhVpc

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Gin and Juche posted:

Is this the start of that Jesus miracle?

no, no babies are being born there

(good memebaking)

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
snl should have been canceled long ago

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
obnoxious democrat tv show: "okay, here's the reason democrats lost,"

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
I will watch snl if it becomes a contest of axe battling to the death between everyone on its staff

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
hornets and sidewinders are released into the fray

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Avshalom posted:

having read the best survivalist manual written in our time, mccarthy's the road, i understand that in months to come no matter what i do only divine grace will stand between me and death, and also that hope is a cruel lie and the best thing to do is just shoot myself at the first sign of societal deterioration

i know it's a different book but have you considered joining the glanton gang

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
are you ready for one hundred years of radditude??

*does skateboard trick so insane that the skateboard goes straight through my chest in the one place it wouldn't kill me*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Chelb posted:

in my opinion, love trumps hate

hove lumps tater

• Locked thread