Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
full communism now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

"talking about class problems when addressing racial issues makes bernie a racist; berniebros don't get the problems african americans face" - pre-crisis uspol

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
why cant they have retaliated against monkeys in general

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
Aladdin showed me that monkeys are capable of moral action, and of breaking laws with premeditation. put the monkey on trial, make him work off his debt to society.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Berke Negri posted:

what ever could it possibly mean

don't worry, the actual Nazis just go for actual swastikas and then bitch endlessly about censorship when banned, or they just use trump memes

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Jesus the comments on Twitter went on about how Jeff was distorting the article and nope lol

literal loving purple prose on how child labor helped give those kids meaning and helped "our nation", aka lovely awful capitalists, get rich

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Horseshoe theory posted:

Sounds like the DeVos family are big Rothbard fans.

its more "Has the Puritan Work Ethic Gone Too Far??? (no)", the article

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
billy is playing outside with friends, going to school, playing video games, but has anyone asked billy today, "Does your life have meaning? What is your purpose, billy?"

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i'm glad i never believed in hillary and get to keep my account

im going to toxx that there is no heaven or god, sure hope im not wrong or thatll be some egg on my face!!

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
can i pick who i get to fight first

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
clippy no

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
tacos are bourgeoisie

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

well that got run into the ground in a hurry

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Swan Oat posted:

lol at the idea of facebook and google somehow objectively figuring out what definitely counts as fake news, and censoring it. that determination is and always will be extremely ideological.

that and insane and deranged conspiracy theories are not really new

the blood libel of our era is about pizza emails. there is something to appreciate, wait, no, there is nothing to appreciate, god drat us all

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
just like gamers are wrong when they say they want to play an open world gritty zelda fps rpg, the american voter is wrong when they claim they want the truth.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

we're doomed in 2018

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
ratatouille, except instead of rodents its robots, and instead of heartwarming messages about heart and talent, its yet another mugging of the working class

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i guess the subject of india is very tangentially related to thanksgiving

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

rural america should try and understand the culture of and learn to communicate with normal americans imo

im sorry but cites are Evil and Arcadia is Good.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Homework Explainer posted:

posting on page 69

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
ive seen things you people wouldn't believe

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
imgur dislikes castro so im thinking hes good??? not really since im a typical weeping liberal who cares about things like the right to dissent but w/e

hes actually a good case study in seeing the sort of love affair of inaction that a lot of millennials have. they have a picture of castro preparing to execute someone as something to get outraged about, which im personally pretty ambivalent about outside of context: when youre overthrowing a government or waging a war of any scale, you really have to be pretty ruthless about conducting it. You don't want stupid purges (or in the case of Iraq 2.0, firing the entire armed force and bureaucracy), and its best to leave as many people alone and alive as possible, but you do need to make sure there's a de-whateverfication phase with no ambivalence about who is in control of things, and that does involve shooting dudes in the head. Otherwise, you end up with things like post-Civil War America, where the losers were free to retain enough political control to undermine reconstruction, and enough military force to establish poo poo like the KKK. Or you just end up with repeated conflicts that result in more death and suffering. The best post-conflict situations Ive seen in history involve both a welcoming stance to allow former enemies to join with you, and a demonstrated willingness to kill as many people as needed to establish control.

imgur meanwhile has people tut tutting the audacity of killing people for being political enemies no matter the justification, but they're not pacifists by any stretch of the imagination: they freak out about protesters in general for being "entitled" or whatever and crow loudly that they deserve comeuppance in the form of riot cops, and cheer when murderous violence is conducted in socially acceptable contexts (ie war heroes killing enemy soldiers, bombing isis, rapists getting run over, etc). i get the sense that they don't really operate on any real system of ethics, rather than just worrying about the social shame context of violating taboos and seem to instinctively avoid celebrating any action that may induce some kind of risky moral impetus. if they celebrate protesters, then they have to ask themselves why they dont protest. if they celebrate political violence, they have to wonder how they can be good people if they embrace status quo constantly. thats probably thinking too hard about people being dweebs in general though.

its not just violence from the leftists figures; the picture of the vietcong getting executed in Vietnam by Nguyen Ngoc Loan provoked public antipathy, despite the Vietcong in question really loving having it coming, while more outrageous actions (like bombing hospitals) are brushed aside as "collateral damage" without bothering to analyze because hey accidents happen! i might just be overreading peoples general squeamishness about stark, direct representations of violence in general, but you could probably make a good critical style essay about how the socially acceptable forms of violence (ie execution via long and expensive trials and some sort of "humane" method) is coincidentally only possible to be committed by the powerful who have access to enough resources and manpower to carry it out, while less expensive/widespread but more direct forms of violence like a bullet to a prisoner's dome is Bad because it makes people feel bad when they see it and not for any sort of real ethical reason (like we have a system that makes punishing murderers simple, but the system is incapable of punishing someone like Martin Shkreli despite him causing more overall harm, and thus perhaps our moral sensibilities end up accommodating that systemic failure so that its faults become moral norms (but then there's a chicken and the egg things going on so whatever))... but then you have police excessive violence in the US that gets brushed off constantly despite it being very lurid in terms of brutality.

idk im just rambling but public reaction to castro stuff has gotten me thinking and its leading to some dumb tangential poo poo and ive got nowhere productive to mull stupid thoughts, sorry.

e: this is a lot of words, i blame drugs

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
turns out when youre off your prescribed dose of methylphenidate for a week and then get back on it in the middle of political talky poo poo, you write a lot of really loving dumb rear end words

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOW4QiOD-oc&t=47s

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

im not exactly sure what i am looking at here

me irl

e: im the dead albino man not the other guy if thats confusing

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
thats just harrison fords face

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo8JKkvbXkU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
new topic for serious discussion: how gay was ocelot for big boss???

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i thought the space hype followed by infinite space betrayal was funny

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
loving dylans

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
wear no clothing

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i'm an eggplant

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
watched blade runner with a friend

they liked it

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

which version? hopefully not the "Harrison ford in a sound booth at gunpoint" one

nope, the not-poo poo version.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i thought nn was alright

i think a lot of people are alright tho

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i made a literal 687 word post with bad opinions and nobody tried to debate me

uspol posters are very shy

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

mandatory lesbian posted:

u no i luv you tiler, so i did you a favor and didn't read any of that long post

ty

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I've never seen a uspol poster who wasn't literally angry about everything

yeah the constant one-upmanship of being outraged about boring things gets old

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Oh yeah well how about this: you're incorrect!!

yeah well, turn on your monitor!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Mustached Demon posted:

Really all I want out of D&D is a place to post and make fun of lovely gop ideas, Jill Stein, etc.

this is suspiciously like the arguments made by the doobie/star citizen/xbox bad posters :ohdear:

• Locked thread