Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i want to be a computer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
leonard

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Badger of Basra posted:

it sucks when a wikipedia article on something you're interested in is hard to read because of terrible writing
i offer translations into the language of the spheres for the low low price of $10 per article

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i am struggling with a profound feeling that i should be doing more to help the advancement of our species instead of helping a coal mine wrestle an endless ouroboros of paperwork into an unuseable system that gets demolished every second day anyway when someone is getting audited and in a panic takes all the files out of the boxes i painstakingly sorted them into and flings them all over the desk out of order

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i could be spending nine hours a day writing a novel if i was at all capable or disciplined, instead i'm frittering my life away in a completely pointless job that isn't even stem, it's stem-adjacent, sub-stem. meanwhile leonard cohen is dead, the environment is hosed, and we are on the brink of a new dark age of mankind.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Swan Oat posted:

suicide squad wasnt nearly as bad as people made it otu to be.
trash

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Rodatose posted:

i'll bet most people working in the private sector feel something like that
all my life i've wondered if cleaning motel rooms is the most depressing job imaginable because you work so hard to get everything so clean for the sole purpose of people coming in and making it disgusting again. and now that i'm doing a completely pointless job just so that other people can come in and undo it in an endlessly recursive cycle, i think the answer is yes

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
trash

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i feel more like everybody else is an alien probe, the only being who makes any philosophical sense to me in this world is vanya

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
there are bright points in my job though, like hearing my boss tell a telemarketer he has to go because he just shat his pants, and the lunatic next door who periodically comes in to tell me he's a spy even though he's obviously not a spy

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
oh lord dishwashing is the worst. i was so, so happy to get out of the hospitality industry (into the retail industry, which i was so, so happy to get out of into the admin industry, and now i'm in the admin industry and not sure where to go from here but it's better than where i was back then)

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
and yeah the food waste was so depressing. at least feed it to some chickens or something, come on

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
and whatever i do doesn't even matter in the end because trump is president and if we don't all die in a nuclear war tomorrow we'll be wiped out by destruction of the biosphere within a few decades

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
argh

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Rodatose posted:

how could a manager expect a person getting paid the minimum wage of $7.80 to both do their job quickly in front of a hot grill and show genuine smiles to uncaring customers
confront them with the rictus of the grave

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
byob is a horrible place, it's filled with the same sort of nasty malicious hateful individuals that populate gbs but while gbs posters claim to be joking when they act like psychopaths, byob posters deny they ever act like psychopaths at all and insist everything is happy and friendly and not just a desperate, vicious struggle to feel a bit of personal fulfilment by clawing their way to the top of an internet community at the expense of everybody around them

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
sorry i'm missing the city and it's making me angry

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Rodatose posted:

I ended up using a fake accent that was difficult to understand and when questioned about it I would say I was from lithuania
haha i used to fend off face-to-face charity fundraisers by claiming to be a lost tourist from kiev

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
at the moment i'm mostly sad about leonard but most of the time i think 90% of my sorrow is the fact that i live and work in the middle of nowhere and am no longer able to enjoy going to a nearby food court for my lunch break and ordering a taco from a surly lithuanian

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
the moment climate change starts seriously affecting food production in the superpower countries and one invades another for resources, then we'll see a nuclear exchange and the resulting environmental chaos will bring our species to the brink of extinction. i am a prophet and i have seen this to be true, amen

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
obviously i expect america to be the one to gently caress everything up but tbh it's just as likely that china will try to annex a big chunk of russia or something totally unexpected

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
when the air has turned to poison and the sun refuses to shine and all infrastructure has crumbled and the whole human race is weak from hunger and grief, there will come a great plague upon the earth

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
the captains of industry will go down with their ship

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
trump will be dismembered by the starving hordes and his remains strewn between the power lines of new york city and strung with festive christmas lights to bring joy to all the orphans of war

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i really need to do a poo but i like apocalyptic shitposting

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
haha sorry everyone, i just dropped a huge deuce and i feel much happier now

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
when my old dog died and i got vanya i was plagued by recurring nightmares that i sacrificed him and it brought my old dog back to life as this weird uncanny pet semetary monster, it was quite troubling for a grieving teenager

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
what i'm saying is that if we slice trump open, inside his ribcage where his heart should sit we'll find a large diamond that pulses with a sickly light. this we will grind down into a fine dust and release into the ocean, which will part to reveal leonard cohen standing in a clamshell, naked but for the tallit that strategically covers his groin, attended by a host of cherubim and a winged lion with the face of ariel sharon

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
cohen's death has this weird feeling of impermanence to me, like any moment now his kids will announce that actually he's fine, he just needed to take a break and now he's ready for another world tour. if he descended from the skies on a beam of light on the day of trump's official usurpation of the white house i would not be surprised in the slightest. I've never felt this way about any celebrity death before and it's weirding me out, but remember i am the last and greatest prophet of the hebrews so i feel confident in saying that i will see leonard again within sixty years and probably much, much sooner depending on who australia allies with in the inevitable world war

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Hollismason posted:

I never cared for Cohen and I never will.
I'm on my phone right now but i have words for your stay tuned for my birthday 🎂

haha i gave that over to autocorrect halfway through and i like where it took it

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Majorian posted:

That's kind of how I still feel about Bernie.
legit how i read this

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-BhcryTknQ

i have heard that people on the internet assume i'm hot and successful irl but this is the closest example i can provide as to how i look, sound and behave in the real world, it's actually pretty eerie and if it hadn't been made when i was like 8 i would sue

now i will deal with hollismason

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i remember first watching that clip as a little kid and i thought it was hilarious but i just watched it again as an adult with my mum and we agreed it's a 100% perfect portrait of how i've turned out

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Hollismason posted:

I never cared for Cohen and I never will.
i grab one of my rear end cheeks and spread my crack so wide that the light gets in. bum gaping, i back toward you. you flee but not fast enough. the vast and lovely mouth closes on your frail form and you are delivered into the labyrinthine nightmare of my insides. i am slick and so naked. i begin to dance

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
having read the best survivalist manual written in our time, mccarthy's the road, i understand that in months to come no matter what i do only divine grace will stand between me and death, and also that hope is a cruel lie and the best thing to do is just shoot myself at the first sign of societal deterioration

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
timely reminder that sarkozy not only advocated forcible deportation of several thousand romani french citizens from france to romania, a country that didn't want them, where they didn't speak the language and which has one of the worst antiziganist hate crime rates in the eu, he actually went ahead and did it and as far as i know they're all still stranded over there with no prospects and no way out

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
it's great to hear about your friend gj! there is so much about how the body works that we don't know, most of the time we find out stuff in bad ways but occasionally there's a happy surprise too.

we used to give heaps of poo poo to one of my friends in high school because he was never at class and he claimed it was just because he was a lazy nerd. he was my date for the year 12 formal (this isn't the guy who's doing a life sentence for drug trafficking, that was year 10) and he was so skinny that in the photos i'm literally twice his width. turns out he was in end-stage renal failure that whole time and just chose to not tell anyone. he ended up getting a kidney (from his mum :3:) and it took really well and even though he was already like 19 he managed to grow like six inches taller after getting that all sorted out and is now a well-built healthy dude

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
my favourite miracle organ is the liver. vanya's liver was reduced to a lump of non-functional scar tissue about the size of a raisin after his impacted gall bladder disaster, but after his gall bladder was fixed his liver had totally regrown and was at close to 100% functioning again within a year

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
barbecued chicken hearts are drat good

liver has never really appealed to me as a food, it kind of tastes like piss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i just found a guy on jdate who's 6'9" and based on that criterion alone i think my mother would date him even though he's also 24. should i try it?

• Locked thread