Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

Mustached Demon posted:

Freshly folded towels zero fucks.

now thats a cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

A fall in values at the top-end of the property market also contributed to about 400,000 Britons losing their status as dollar millionaires and one of the biggest drops in wealth among the major economies.

im pro brexit now

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

i mean not really but loving lol if you want me to care ultra expensive properties lost so much value that some people arent millionaires anymore :qq:

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

owning mulitple homes is an offense for the gulag

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

goats are excellent creatures

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

modern medicine does not deal with imbalances to the four humors, its poo poo

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

the only good mice is all mice because they are really cute :3:

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Mustached Demon posted:

Go outside.

I'm terrified of vitamin d deficiency since I'm working graves. :ohdear:

hey night shift buddy

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Cool pictures!

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Sleeping in later than you wanted to is loving bullshit for assholes, I hate it!!!!!!!

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

rear end struggle posted:

a lot of native speakers also seem to be able to speak fluently but when it comes to spelling are horrific

strange seeing as russian is almost phonetic

Unstressed vowels are impossible imo, speaking as a non native speaker anyway

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing like a good day of hard exercise and cooking for friends, to boost the mental health my friends

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Maybe on Thanksgiving

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Should I go with my parents to visit my grandma? Leave Friday and come back sometime Sunday. There isn't poo poo to do in Ohio but then again there isn't poo poo to do in Morgantown on break either sooooo

do you like your grandma? is she healthy and/or relatively young for a granny? these are the considerations. but probably you should go, old people appreciate seeing their grandkdis.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Arrgytehpirate posted:

She's getting ready to move from Ohio to a community in Virginia. It's sort of this pick what you want assisted living place. You live in an apartment and are free to do as much or as little as you want. Like, you can cook or not, do your own laundry or not, drive or not. It's actually a pretty neat place. I think I'm gonna go since she's really getting up there in age. She's also selling the house so my parents are going up to help her sort through paperwork, like grandpa saved every tax return they've ever done and poo poo. I guess I could probably be useful moving boxes and poo poo.

she'll probably like this and you'll probably be glad you did it :)

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

all this talk of mad dog mattis is making me think of this amazing kurt schlichter jam from last year http://ijr.com/opinion/2015/11/250238-what-defeating-isis-would-look-like/

quote:

The Americans published daily body counts. This horrified liberals, but delighted the American people, who for too long had had no good news nor any way to measure success. And the Americans took few prisoners. Most of those they captured they handed off to the Iraqis; the lucky ones were shot quickly. The President had accepted the finding of the Department of Justice that all ISIS fighters were unlawful combatants not subject to Geneva Convention protections. They were like pirates of old, and piracy was stamped out only when governments began hanging them. So when American forces caught a band of ISIS fighters who had beheaded two captured American pilots, they were tried by a Marine court martial – the videotape they had unwisely made documenting their atrocity being the main evidence – and were shot by firing squad the next morning. The media was horrified when the President told a press conference, “If you murder Americans, you will die. Period.” His popularity rose to 70%.

It had been critical for ISIS to maintain its caliphate, a physical nation state-like territory where it could govern, where it could plan and train, and where the fools and psychopaths who bought into its sick philosophy could gather. The Wildman understood this, and he set out to ruthlessly dismember the Islamic State, to kill its members, and to demonstrate to a Middle East that doubted American power and resolve under the feckless Barack Obama that America was still the proverbial strong horse. There would be no half-measures, no ambiguous ending. America would crush ISIS; there could be no other outcome.

When the war ended after two months, the President’s popularity was 80% and the final body count was 26,763 ISIS fighters dead. The Islamic State was just a terrible memory. Iran, North Korea, Russia and China all saw and understood that they would need to govern themselves accordingly in the face of a post-Obama America. And it would be years before any terrorist group dared again threaten the United States.

hahahahaha

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

i woud like to gain 10 pounds by the end of 2017.....

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

i simply love to have been raised in the religion of catholicism

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

this is indisputable

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

maybe im just bad at hearts of iron but every time ive tried playing as albania ive been owned badly by the computer, so it sUCKS

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

life a series of constant struggles

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

the best way to improve uspol would be to ban all posts that are like "well if try xyz then rpeublicans will defeat it through racism, party discipline, smear tactics and obstructionism", which seems like 1/3 of all posts in that threat overall. like if that is true why bother with politics at all, just cede all elections

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

the secon best way to improve uspol would be to ban all posting entirely

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

related my favorite genre of uspol poster is "i agREE that communism is good and the way, but, the american people are irreversibley racist and stupid so therefore we must traingulate constantly and only introduce incremental, means tested reforms and always compromise on everytrhing"

like hmm i might doubt your commitment to leftist politics with that attitude, brother

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Hoo boy it's very rainy today

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Chelb posted:

you should join slack swan oat!!!

is this a thing ?

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

my friend who's doing nanowrimo got mad at me when I told him John Galt's speech is longer than his book is going to be

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Badger of Basra posted:

nanowrimo is annoying

agreedo

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Also is it Goon Canon now that Putin stole the election for dangerous Donald lol

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Multiple uspol posters are acting like it is accepted and non controversial that the dastardly russians are owning us by getting Trump elected....... This, to me, is questionable.

I love to read posts

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Gin and Juche posted:

Ok dadchat opinion if I should get a game would I get xcim2, batman Arthas Knight, doom, or deus ex mankind divided?

xcom2 is good

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

i hate working esp. third shift but now i am getting paid 15% more to work these bad hours so its somewhat tolerable ive had to do it for like 8 months this year lol

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

the best part of skyrim is getting overburdened and unable to run, and walking out of a dungeon, because you want to sell your loot and also melt down poo poo to get dwarven ingots :pcgaming:

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

id love to work for the government, pensions and actual good insiurance plans sound nice and attractive

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

just know that working the graveyard shift has been shown to take roughly five years off of your life expectancy and know you signed those years away for a percentage

its not permanent!!!!

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Badger of Basra posted:

not the federal government, that's for scrubs and fascists now

ah state or local government eh? i live in texas.......

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Badger of Basra posted:

my pension owns

My girlfriend has a pension I'm very jealous of it

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

dangerous and unacceptable

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012