Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

rear end struggle posted:

grouchio is trying to make his autism a career

i wonder if he'll keep asking d&d to do his work for him after he graduates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i nearly verbally assaulted three people today

i feel like the hardest part of being a boss is that you can no longer someone an idiotic mouth breather to their face

then i almost went off on some dude going the wrong way down a one way street. full of rage today

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Badger of Basra posted:

The endless rage of the mid level manager

upper mid level

rear end struggle posted:

Fire all your workers

the people today are usually good, but they all hosed up bad today and one of them gave me a mealy mouthed excuse that wouldn't have flown if it were true and that i knew for a fact was a lie anyway

if they had just owned up to their mistakes i would have just been frustrated, not angry

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

is this poor netcode or a supremely bad player

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Berke Negri posted:

if anything you really can't do that if youre not a boss

i used to call coworkers idiots to their face

then they would get fired because they were idiots and i got promoted and started having to respect people and poo poo

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Berke Negri posted:

your office sounds like a big train wreck

it is. when i first started i gave the company six months, when i was promoted i figured i would ride the gravy train until it all went tits up in a few weeks and now here i am two years later and it some how all keeps rolling along

Badger of Basra posted:

Aren't you a park ranger or something

no, that's the dream that was denied to me

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Oxxidation posted:

i like my menial paper-pushing job because it pays hourly and that means i can work lots of overtime to both make more money and distract myself from the soul eroding horror of a fundamentally purposeless existence

any manager who can't adequately staff to avoid overtime should be mocked and then savagely beaten with the company ledger

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
ben carson for secretary of hud? they really just took the one black guy they had and shoved him into hud even though he has literally no qualifications to justify such an appointment.

loving lol

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Avshalom posted:

sounds like you need a hobby! have you tried... writing a novel?

i've had two short story ideas that i've carried with me for a decade, but never had the courage to put them to paper because me no word good

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Swan Oat posted:

i hate working esp. third shift but now i am getting paid 15% more to work these bad hours so its somewhat tolerable ive had to do it for like 8 months this year lol

just know that working the graveyard shift has been shown to take roughly five years off of your life expectancy and know you signed those years away for a percentage

Swan Oat posted:

the best part of skyrim is getting overburdened and unable to run, and walking out of a dungeon, because you want to sell your loot and also melt down poo poo to get dwarven ingots :pcgaming:

that's why you always carry a strength potion scrub

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Badger of Basra posted:

y'all should try working for the government

i tried, they prefer vets without degrees.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Badger of Basra posted:

read your local newspaper and apply for a job with the department that comes up least often in bad stories

hmmm, our state park system is most well known for piggy banking away tens of millions of dollars during the great recession when our public schools couldn't afford pencils

maybe i'll try the dmv

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i already have a fair amount socked away in my 401k, i mostly want a government job so i can loaf around without fear

Hollismason posted:

Been prep cooking. Gonna start a novel on this thread.

Hollismason closed his laptop screen. The cities scheduled brown out for non citizen use of electronic devices was a few minutes away and he still wanted to microwave some noodles.

your tone is too passive, more energy

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Chelb posted:

hello

i think if i ever do write something it would be some sort of sci fi with as little indications of sexual creepiness as possible

blasphemy

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Chelb posted:

i just finished Children of Time by Adrian Tchaikovsky and while the author did present a hyperintelligent race of spiders that start off with the typical spider thing of females eating the males after loving, i found that less creepy and more hella rad

have you read the short "love is the plan the plan is death"

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Badger of Basra posted:

why don't you read some nonfiction, nerds

i just finished 1491, which was interesting, but i think i've been spoiled by reading more recent stuff that's built off of it's thesis, so it wasn't as interesting or provocative as i was hoping

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Chelb posted:

i have not

look it up, it's public domain and a fun quick read

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
you ever think that maybe freud hosed his mother and then assumed that was something everyone did?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
didn't freud decide that all the women who talked in confidence about men raping and abusing them mean that women were just jealous they didn't have dicks?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

speaking of freud...

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

the paradigm shift posted:

I'm definitely fine with losing five years that would likely be spent in a dementia fog anyways

i'm just keeping my fingers cross they find a cure for old age

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Avshalom posted:

my novel is about all the different things you can have sex with if you're determined and pious

there's a lot of medieval poetry by nuns in the same vein

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Avshalom posted:

it is about a girl who puts a handful of sand in her vagina and nine months later gives birth to a prophesying sphinx

more about virgins who think loving jesus would be the tits

Avshalom posted:

victoria beckham

leave posh spice alone

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Badger of Basra posted:

i can't believe people gave jill stein $3.5 million to run a recount that won't change anything

i hope she uses that money to buy drugs

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

The Muppets On PCP posted:

but only homeopathic cures they don't want you to know about

if you cut heroin with water one part per million it's effects get way stronger

also you stretch out your supply way longer

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

The Muppets On PCP posted:

although god how funny would it be if the recount actually flipped the election for clinton

i've seen some sketch articles by compute scientists suggesting the election was hacked, so who knows

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Badger of Basra posted:

she's also not going to pay for the recount either, she's going to use the money she just grifted off a bunch of rubes to pay off her campaign debt

who even bothers to pay off campaign debt? does she think she's going to run again?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Badger of Basra posted:

they controlled for paper/machine but not for race, urban/rural, etc.

turns out that urban counties use paper ballots, so it all falls apart

that seems like a really obvious factor you might want to control for

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
clinto will probably win the popular vote by more then a percentage point, we should just burn everything down

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

exmarx posted:

i reckon being the subject of multiple fbi investigations didn't help her campaign

the fbi is a blatant fascist political tool

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
any enemy of the fbi is a friend of mine

except the pedophiles

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Hollismason posted:

Opinions on this cat who helped me cook

cats r bad

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Avshalom posted:

like that was the most absolutely transparent blatant meddling in an election i have ever seen

gore vs. bush

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
though that almost seems quaint now overall

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Badger of Basra posted:

the spice girls movie is a good watch

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Avshalom posted:

the 90s were a different time

super predator spice

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
hmmm... i like this musicians work, but they've been putting out an album a year for the last 30 years which seems like a bad sign

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i'm glad i never believed in hillary and get to keep my account

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
you should have started yesterday

also spent four years as a line cook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Tiler Kiwi posted:

im going to toxx that there is no heaven or god, sure hope im not wrong or thatll be some egg on my face!!

god's in is heavan
all's right with the world

• Locked thread