Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

PupsOfWar posted:

old-timey basketball shorts are good, not bad

Post reported for being true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
I can relate to Nate Silver going from golden boy savant to generally derided buffoon in the span of a decade

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

cinci zoo sniper posted:

is that another american celebrity

I'm trying to figure out where you live based on the supposition that you know what's being talked about and hate the US powerhouse of dumb cultural export

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

exmarx posted:

is there a nate argent who's predicting le pen will lose

i like this post

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
I also enjoy "Hold Your Head Up" by Argent

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

rear end struggle posted:

Also I feel like no one can write

literally every undergrad paper I've peer reviewed seemed like I was reading that bart simpson report about libya

im sure mine suck too

My roommate TA'd for the lowest level expository writing class, I begged and pleaded to read those papers

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
I still probably can't write very well but I'm glad to have had no less than ten thousand hours on a platform of sorts talking to strangers wrt public speaking

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

boner confessor posted:

i used to try to pick up women in bars by telling them i spent many hours per week with mentally disabled people, helping them build their communication skills via online classes

This took me more than once but bravo

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
I used to pick up women in bars by working at one.

Nobody does it for the hours.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
I met my lady at a bar eleven years ago. We really hit it off but went our separate ways that night.

She went on to get married and live hundreds of miles away and I took a job at said bar.

Years after her divorce she found herself in my tiny town on business and came back in.

We've been together since 2012

:unsmith:

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Badger of Basra posted:

Academia is a mental illness

There are all sorts of generalizations when it comes to attitude and tipping in retail and restaurants but people who never left college tend to be the worst all around imo

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

sudo rm -rf posted:

turns out all anime is bad

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Hollismason posted:

LOL if your job isn't so crushing that it pushes your spirit out of your body through the bottom of the cubicle

I will probably never work in an office, much less a cube

Gonna have varicose veins probably though

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Kanye is insane and that makes for Good Art

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Hollismason posted:

Take them to see the new Star Wars it's really good

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Just stuff them and roast them like tiny turkeys

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Chelb posted:

what if i just put the whole thing between two slices of bread

I thought sandwich in-group chat was driving one of my friends insane until I also had to explain to him that pinecones are fruit

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

gently caress 2016. Zsa Zsa Gabor died. For real this time.

She was in my deadpool. Girl has been hospitalized since 2012 surprised it took this long.

I picked Mugabe and Hosni Mubarak, mistakes

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

The Muppets On PCP posted:

still got two weeks

Oh this one ends when a player has all six of theirs die, no time limits

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Tomorrow is our bar's employee / best patrons' Christmas Party. It is my eighth or ninth and I haven't died yet, but the flesh grows weak.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
My spirit animal is Archie's Jalopy

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Dogs are cool but I'm such a piece of poo poo that I don't trust anything that implicitly loves me

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
I try and get my cat's affection and they're like "... Nah, gently caress that" and I agree

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Fascist

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Tipping is good, friends

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Baby's First Bribe

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Bribes are actually really cool when not being solicited

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
If you guys want a real adventure try and find the D&D moderator that rhymes with "McCain"

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
I know I've said it over an over again but I can't wait til theres some sort of automated bar where STEMlords and general assholes can get their drinks from a robot so the chaff can get separated from the wheat.

Please have a Star Trek TNG replicator make you a round so I don't have to waste my time with you.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Also the idea of a dude trying to buy a lady a drink in an egalitarian robot utopia and having to shuffle through what amounts to a line at a post office makes me smile

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

The Muppets On PCP posted:

wait what stemlords do you have to deal with in boone

Do you think the University only awards Weed Growing Interdisciplinary Studies or what

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Chelb posted:

at the moment on c span, jeff sessions is sitting white kids on his lap to deflect from people calling him a cold hearted racist shell of a man

Was it Mark Foley or the Senator From Idaho that had a press conference following revelations of sexual misconduct surrounded by tiny children

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
I have DSL. I don't play games or torrent. Netflix and HBO are my biggest burners. Never hit a cap, never had an outage. It's kinda great.

Also I'm 76 and still use Prodigy

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Nothing is fun anymore. Trump killed fun. Thanks, Trump.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Hell is not being able to leave the bar

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
This all white funk band is on minute twelve of an Outkast cover jam

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Pirate Radar posted:

New Blade Runner is good even if a lot of it doesn’t quite make sense

Pretty much the best you could ask for after this long + not being a reboot. Ford really phoned it in but he makes me laugh anyway. "God dammit y'all I hate these characters and acting in gener- hm that is a lot of zeros on that check."

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
for a long time he just posted pictures of sunsets

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Think I’m finally done binge drinking my way through this break up. Time to post the pain away.

Post post post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Randler posted:

Just mainline /r/relationships until the very concept of intimate partnerships becomes anathema to you.

The blind leading the people with blinders

• Locked thread