Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
FFV banner announced this morning.

Got 2 Bartz to 6*. Hope I can pull an Exdeath or two with daily pulls.

Also that sweet CoD mace. Hope the trial isn't complete BS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
How good does Krile become?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
She becomes pretty good. Innate dualcast with green/white/black magic. So in theory she can Buff and/or heal and/or contribute to a chain 2 out of 3 in a turn. Doesn't have 6* stats obviously, but a solid addition to a team for sure.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

HGH posted:

How good does Krile become?

She gets Dispel, Curaja, Aeroga, MP Refill, and +30% MAG with a staff.

So pretty dang good.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Krile learns Curaja and Aeroga. Which is nice when you consider she already has Dualcast.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Drinkfist posted:

I appreciate that Agent355 just says "Grover house" in his friend comment. For god sakes you need to get a hat on that Arc. Hatless Arc's are a crime. Enjoy my Demon Rain. I don't know what he is supposed to be doing either.

Make the most of what you got.

The only way I could improve mine is with a 2nd Bracer... and guess who I pulled today!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Oh god finally I can take Krile to 5! Carbuncle if I find an esper it can replace too

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

How good does Galuf become?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
He learns 3 -ga spells, but he also learns Draw Attacks. Nobody knows why he learns Draw Attacks.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

m.hache posted:

FFV banner announced this morning.

Got 2 Bartz to 6*. Hope I can pull an Exdeath or two with daily pulls.

Also that sweet CoD mace. Hope the trial isn't complete BS.

I dont see that banner? Its just the unlock announcement that ExDeath and Bartz 6* will be available. Its not a banner.

Guess Gumi doesnt want me to have an ExDeath. Fine.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
They haven't announced Gilgamesh, so they might have wanted to just put up an announcement for all of the Awakenings separately from the actual FFV banner itself.

It would be a bit weird if it wasn't an FFV banner coming, since we'd have all of the FFV awakenings and then some other random banner?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Wait, isn't Gilgamesh supposed to come considerably later because he's a stupid pain in the rear end?

Anyway, now I get to decide between making Exdeath or Refia next. Probably Exdeath. Ugh, there's so much poo poo to level and no time at all.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Gilgamesh (unit) comes with the FFV banner.

Gilgamesh (trial) is 2-3 Trials away.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Have Mighty Void Tree, Gaulf the Man, and Widdle Krile. I lack Butz da Pimp though.

Also Galuf gets Draw attacks BECAUSE HES A FUCKIN MAN

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
The banner units are usually announced on Tuesday or Wednesday. We should find out within the next day or two what the banner is.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I'm glad Exdeath finally gets to ascend his throne of being best mage, I've been waiting since release for this. I don't know what I'm gonna do with this meteor materia now though, I guess I can give it to Tellah or second Kefka

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Dial-a-Dog posted:

I'm glad Exdeath finally gets to ascend his throne of being best mage, I've been waiting since release for this. I don't know what I'm gonna do with this meteor materia now though, I guess I can give it to Tellah or second Kefka

I never pulled an ExDeath so I'm salty. I was hoping they'd put him on a banner. Maybe they'd do a pity move and add Bartz/ExDeath to this next FF5 banner.

Faris looks like a weak breaker. Better than Vaan in some ways, but probably not worth chasing by the looks of it.

Since Gilgamesh is a base 5* good luck pulling him.

The last character on the banner is Mercedes who is a physical attacker that uses Axes. I guess if you're hurting for Physical attackers she's not that bad. Looks like she has a decently high base attack and some built in attack bonuses along with Barrage and a 50% attack buff that hits the whole party for 3 turns. Base 4* but can go to 6* right away.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Nov 21, 2016

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

The discord referred me to one ShaTowSA for his CoD's murder services. Other people with beefy CoD's with Diabolos also very welcome in my quest to evoke it on Maxwell.

Friend Code: 204 877 895

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

The last character on the banner is Mercedes who is a physical attacker that uses Axes. I guess if you're hurting for Physical attackers she's not that bad. Looks like she has a decently high base attack and some built in attack bonuses along with Barrage and a 50% attack buff that hits the whole party for 3 turns. Base 4* but can go to 6* right away.

I want Mercedes because of her future Enhancements (and she's not a half bad physical attacker right now). Warcry turns into an AOE +100% ATK & 100% ATK Debuff Resistance for 3 turns; her Axe Mastery passive turns into +100% ATK, and Axe of the Sea Gods gets a great boost particularly if you're wielding a water element Axe (ie- her TM).

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
gently caress's a Mercedes, by the way? That's a BE character that gets slotted into the FFV banner?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I guess they needed to fill the 4* banner slot and didn't want to bump Faris up.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

PaybackJack posted:

Faris looks like a weak breaker. Better than Vaan in some ways, but probably not worth chasing by the looks of it.

Yes, but Faris is the best and I want her even if she's warming the bench.

Well, I'm sure I'll pick her up while chasing Gilgamesh anyway.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

jaclynhyde posted:

Yes, but Faris is the best and I want her even if she's warming the bench.

Well, I'm sure I'll pick her up while chasing Gilgamesh anyway.

Faris was my favorite character in FF5 because Female Pirate Captain with pet Sea Dragon is loving awesome. It's too bad that most of the cast got pushed aside in the later acts.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Infected posted:

The discord referred me to one ShaTowSA for his CoD's murder services. Other people with beefy CoD's with Diabolos also very welcome in my quest to evoke it on Maxwell.

Friend Code: 204 877 895

Okay, I've put her up and sent you an invite. Wouldn't say she's the most murdererest (only got 1 rising sun and the pestle vs another goon's 2), but she does bring it.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

PaybackJack posted:

I never pulled an ExDeath so I'm salty. I was hoping they'd put him on a banner.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

AegisP posted:

He learns 3 -ga spells, but he also learns Draw Attacks. Everybody knows why he learns Draw Attacks unless they didn't beat the Crystals in the Forest of Moore.

I fixed your post.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Twelve by Pies posted:

I fixed your post.

You, dear goon, are a peach.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I don't remember how I cheesed the stupid Crystals last Fiesta but I don't think it was draw attacks.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Dias posted:

I don't remember how I cheesed the stupid Crystals last Fiesta but I don't think it was draw attacks.

Your Mastery of mechanics may have slightly distracted from your recollection of the story.

------------

On a completely different note, since I think I will be playing this game for the Long Haul, I've been considering the following post:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/182206-final-fantasy-brave-exvius/74168081

I think it might be time to set up some grinding macros for Explorations again. They aren't a bad way of getting XP, and I think I'm going to need quite a number of megacrysts

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Dias posted:

I'm sure it's more what came afterwards.

(i remember I had galuf as a time mage for that fight. God that sucked. )

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Oh that's right. Part 2 of Olderion means we finally get the +10% ATK recipe.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Ah, gotcha. That's more ENDURE tho.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
FF5 event on Thanksgiving and here I am sitting on 63 gigantaurs with all 100 still available from King Mog for me to buy and feed to my 5*, 4*, and 3* Exdeaths. The 3* one should get the last mini burst pot he needs to hit 10/10 at which point I'll probably just say gently caress it and make him my 2nd 6* unless there's a ton of mini burst pots coming in the next week or two. I really wish I'd remembered to farm a bit harder to buy the 45(?) pots from the halloween event. Between my current cactuars, the 100 from King Mog, and just some general grinding I should be able to 6* and lvl 100 two exdeaths pretty much immediately. At that point the arena's gonna get a whole lot easier to blow through. Right until I run in to a 5 Exdeath team that goes first, anyways. Don't think I'll pull on this banner because I already have Galuf, 2 Kriles, and 3 Exdeaths. Butz and Greg would be cool and all but meh. I'll keep saving for the Orlandu disappointment extravaganza.

Just fought an arena team of Tilith/Tilith/Tilith/Elza/Maxwell. I can only imagine how much karma that person has collected so far. :psypop:

Vax posted:

Here's some more of Shantottos pretty good 5* Tornado skill. He couples it with Firions AOE to get Edgar-Like chains in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r79sGF0Udc0

Also Orochi, which he slows down to show the 3996 damage hit from his cold breath (?) attack. That Orochi's HP. though... :getin:

Hardbody posted:

He is decent, but he comes with Doublehand which is a great TM.

That said, I dont think that is the banner. Rumor is Gilgamesh is coming.

Gilgamesh and Faris should both be coming, but Faris is just a 5* full breaker. Gilgamesh's biggest downside is he doesn't have a native dual wield, but his TM is the Genji Glove which is a hero ring that gives dual wield. It also means that you could technically have a unit like 5* Garland with dual wield, but why you'd do something like that when you have Gilgamesh instead is another matter.

At least they probably won't split the banner like they did for FFT, since this only has one new 6* unit.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Here's a fun game for y'all. Guess what loadout this mobydick of a luneth has going for him. All stuff that's theoretically obtainable (so no atk+30% injection moulding,) and no duplicate equipment.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

The worst part about that ring is the stupid crafting mats that only drop when you craft something. Not to mention the dedication you have to have to grind out 70 Trophy rewards. That ring is truly the sign of a great whale.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Two Celestial Gloves, two Excaliburs, three Lunge Combos and Dual Wield, a Black Belt Gi and Tiger Mask and Ifrit?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Shark Tower posted:

Here's a fun game for y'all. Guess what loadout this mobydick of a luneth has going for him. All stuff that's theoretically obtainable (so no atk+30% injection moulding,) and no duplicate equipment.

Excalibur + Sakurafibuki
Black Hood, Brave Suit, Bracer, Celestial Gloves

Atk 20% and/or lunge combo materias, and blade mastery materia.

And give me his friend ID in the event that a spot opens in their list. :shobon:

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Shark Tower posted:

(146 base ATK)
Moonblade (+118)
Sword Master (+29)
Sakurafubuki (+98)
Brave Suit (+21)
Black Cowl (+25)
Bracer (+30)
Celestial Armlet (+30)
Ifrit (+51)
ATK +30% (+44)
----
Blade Mastery (+73)
Power of Creation (+44)
Lunge Combo (+29)
ATK +20% (+29)

=767, w/ total +ATK scaling of 2.85 he has +28 ATK from pots so

Power Pot x3
Mini Power Pot x13
--

Fun fact: You can get higher than this. With maxed +ATK from arena and a pair of Infernal Bracers, he'd be at 877.

what do i win

Niton fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Nov 21, 2016

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Christ, and I thought my Luneth was crazy...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Niton posted:

what do i win

The prize is the realization of your crippling autism.

• Locked thread