Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
So I guess the 200-someodd other people who died are just staying dead? Along with the girl that got murdered by the albino kid.

There really wasn't much time given to process any of what happened, and the resolution to the manga-artist's thing was really anticlimactic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Was there a VN confirmed? Well it's confirmed now.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2016-12-25/occultic-nine-game-slated-for-2017/.110328
Nothing about an english version yet, but there is an EN version of the previously published (web?)novel. Wait, i thought that got cancelled when they started the anime production.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Dec 26, 2016

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I've just started watching this, got through to episode 6. So, avoiding all the spoilers in this thread, I just thought I'd praise just how visually arresting this show is. It's all weird camera pans and sharp animation. I'm really enjoying it thus far, though I can absolutely see how the mile-a-minute dialogue (and Ryo-tas' chest) could put people off. Also, I suspect that there's no way that this all comes together into a satisfying conclusion, but it's pretty enough that I don't care.

E: Well that sure was a thing.

Phobophilia posted:

i suppose its meant to be some kind of neutral ending. maybe they called in some favors, plus the guy's superpowers are an asset. let him tool around with his ghost body for a while

This was my take on the ending. Gamotan gets to be a ghost in the human world forever. Though that's a weird existence, considering that no-one can see him and he can only talk to people via the internet/text messages.

CottonWolf fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Dec 28, 2016

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

CottonWolf posted:

I've just started watching this, got through to episode 6. So, avoiding all the spoilers in this thread, I just thought I'd praise just how visually arresting this show is. It's all weird camera pans and sharp animation. I'm really enjoying it thus far, though I can absolutely see how the mile-a-minute dialogue (and Ryo-tas' chest) could put people off. Also, I suspect that there's no way that this all comes together into a satisfying conclusion, but it's pretty enough that I don't care.

E: Well that sure was a thing.

This was my take on the ending. Gamotan gets to be a ghost in the human world forever. Though that's a weird existence, considering that no-one can see him and he can only talk to people via the internet/text messages.

Yeah, that's why the high-school-girl spirit-medium detective person was able to see him, but none of the other ghosts, I assume. The others weren't actually dead in timeline A at the point at which she was trying to make contact, only Yuta.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Pyronic posted:

Was that really the last episode?

Also what? at the end of the ED Gamo-tan is in cold sleep???

Who knows whats actually going on, Gamo should have gone back in time like everyone else but since he was weirdly out of tune so maybe something weird happened instead.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Iretep posted:

Who knows whats actually going on, Gamo should have gone back in time like everyone else but since he was weirdly out of tune so maybe something weird happened instead.

I don't think so. I think the weird worldshift thing happened when he ran out of time to get back. The system turned on at 12. He didn't actually make it in time. So after tuning his radio and blowing everything up, he couldn't get back and live. Then presumably, the others put his body into cold sleep so he could warp back to the then and still be a ghost even if he couldn't come back to life.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Finally got around to finishing this. Overall I enjoyed it. It had some cool visuals and I liked the fast paced way everyone talks.

The radio tower system had to be active for them to be able to return, only Gamotan could destroy it, along with his chances of going back.

Demicol fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jan 7, 2017

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Man, that could have been a fantastic series which rivaled Steins;Gate, if it had been twice as long. The Emperor was clearly set up to be Tesla, there are considerable unfinished plot threads, and overall it was a pale shadow of considerable potential.

How the poo poo did Robotics;Notes get greenlit for two cours, despite being boring as hell, and this get saddled with a single?

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!

Rime posted:

Man, that could have been a fantastic series which rivaled Steins;Gate, if it had been twice as long. The Emperor was clearly set up to be Tesla, there are considerable unfinished plot threads, and overall it was a pale shadow of considerable potential.

How the poo poo did Robotics;Notes get greenlit for two cours, despite being boring as hell, and this get saddled with a single?

Simple. Robotics Notes was coming off of the success of Steins;Gate and this was coming off the failure of robotics notes. This show definitely needed at least 7 more episodes though, I have to agree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I know I'm late to marathoning the second half of this, but this show is pretty great.

e: I love that I'm watching the final ep of this and they're still taking the time to explain pseudoscience/science concepts to each other.

e2: Exactly twelve minutes from the end and the character work is kind of falling apart / there's some deus ex machina stuff going on, but whatever! This show is a good time, and as long as my favorite character comes out of this intact I'll be happy. (It's Sarai.)

e3: I can't believe it turned into a jrpg at the end. This show. :allears:

e4: Last edit. This show was a glorious mess - went at a breakneck pace, crammed far too much into its runtime, and left a whole bunch of loose ends - but I'm happy I saw it. That was fun, and I'm thrilled to see it's getting a visual novel - just what it needs to breathe. Fingers crossed that gets an english translation quickly!

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Feb 7, 2017

• Locked thread