Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

StrixNebulosa posted:

I know it's not a word, but it's easy enough to understand as a word that functions like "occult-y" or "like something occult", so it's...not something I took an issue with? I mean, what would you replace it with?

I think his issue is that occult is an adjective in its own right, and adding endings to it in order to make it more adjectivey is silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Professor Irony posted:

I feel embarrassed that it took me so long to consider whether Zonko might be Ryo-tas's 'real' self. It occurred to me that there was something about her that didn't add up, but apparently I am not imaginative enough. I even noticed the ray gun reflected in the radio display during the op, but didn't think anything about it.

Here's another thought for you- what if Zonko is Ryotas is Gamota's father who managed to figure out a way to reincarnate/possess/become visible/etc? Gamota threw a line out there about "You promised that you'd guide me through the radio from beyond the grave", which sounds an awful lot like what Zonko has been doing. It would also explain the absurd figure, because the joke might be "What does a middle-aged dude know or care about back pain?". Given that he was the founder of the Society of the Seven Lucky Gods, it would make sense that he could afford the scandium treatment (alternately, he's the "Emperor" who has transcended humanity).

They also introduced the concept of post-mortem time travel in this episode, which allows for a lot more intricacy and confusion. What if Ryotas is Miyuu who went back in time and changed the form of her ghost by throwing bags of silicone on top of the corpse to see if that affected her ethereal form, like the thing with the hair? When Ryotas was in non-airhead mode she looked strikingly similar.

I'm most intrigued by Ririka at this point- Why did she steal the kotoribako, how did she make predictive doujinshi while still alive, WHY did she make the predictive doujinshi, etc.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

CottonWolf posted:

I've just started watching this, got through to episode 6. So, avoiding all the spoilers in this thread, I just thought I'd praise just how visually arresting this show is. It's all weird camera pans and sharp animation. I'm really enjoying it thus far, though I can absolutely see how the mile-a-minute dialogue (and Ryo-tas' chest) could put people off. Also, I suspect that there's no way that this all comes together into a satisfying conclusion, but it's pretty enough that I don't care.

E: Well that sure was a thing.

This was my take on the ending. Gamotan gets to be a ghost in the human world forever. Though that's a weird existence, considering that no-one can see him and he can only talk to people via the internet/text messages.

Yeah, that's why the high-school-girl spirit-medium detective person was able to see him, but none of the other ghosts, I assume. The others weren't actually dead in timeline A at the point at which she was trying to make contact, only Yuta.

• Locked thread