Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Camel Pimp posted:

I will never understand why didn't didn't continue with 8-4 when they brought Fates over. (I replayed Awakening recently, and it really struck me how much better that script reads, ya know?)

It's was strictly a time release thing. Awakening took close to a year for localization, so the only way to release 3 games in a relatively short amount of time (less than a year), they had to do in-house or Fates just be coming out now.

8-4 also already was under contract for a different huge rpg in xenoblade chronicles x.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

AradoBalanga posted:

I have gotten a few empty levels in Fates. Mostly with Elise, but by then she'd capped everything except HP, Strength, Skill and Defense.

It's easier to get empty levels in fates because growths in that game are extremely specialized. Generally a character will have like 70-80 in a few stats and 10-20 in others. Which makes missing a stat in those specialized stats even worse.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I like how they decided to nerf every good ranged weapon in Fates, and then introduce literally the best 1-2 range type in franchise history with the Shuriken/Daggers.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Marth being in the top 20 twice is dumb because there's a very small difference between him and fe12 compared to the ikes.

Keep in mind random dancer npc in fates and awakening villager were votable so being last is even worse than you think.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Miacis posted:

The more typical reclass option for this would probably be Myrmidon, since then she'll still have evade for days, and it's not like we can't have a chapter without Wing Spear murder (...or can we?)

Evade? In this game?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Sov already solves the problem of lack of personality on characters by having.everyone speak at every single level up, being selected for turns, and they're expanding the story a ton.

Mae has more personality in 20 seconds than basically most of shadow dragon so far.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

OG Gaiden desert maps reduced movement to 1 for every unit and bow users have 1-5 range.

And the bow users sometimes stack 4-5 in a cross formation on top of a castle.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

All the growths seem better because they need to be for the new fatique system.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Most of the lp is prep work, which is much easier with most games because of stuff like one face portrait and at max like 100 support conversations on blazing sword or path of radiance.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Playing Fire Emblem itself doesn't take long. Putting up all the different routes and support conversations is the other stuff. Take Blazing Sword for example. You are posting minimum Lyn/Eliwood/Hector mode with all the gaiden chapters and support conversations, not touching any hard mode exclusives. Even Sacred Stones, the shortest fire emblem in the last couple decades, still have two different routes and two huge dungeon areas.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I mean, Fedule stoned a soldier and grinded Fiona to make her not literally the worst unit in context of the franchise.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I never heard of anyone negging FE12 for Kris other than the usual suspects who don't like any game past the gamecube one.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Well the bigger thing is that they appparently count bs fire emblem, that dlc pack for fe12, as a number.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Are you missing narcian on purpose

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Apothesis got really easy once you figured out the secret that having basic Snipers with 3 range bows destroyed most of the map. My Chrom as a Sniper and Luna was basically the same set-up for everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

One small thing FE should add in the future is some sort of mass-direction for moving units. The worst feeling on a map is realizing you have 14-15 units that all have to be selected and individually moved for the next three turns to inside a castle or something.

• Locked thread