Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
More Art
More Growths
More Anime
More Reclassing
More Blink Animation
More Puns

Looking forward to these, because God knows it's the only way to make FE11 much more interesting...
Without of course...Hard 5 :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

GeneX posted:

In order, because I'm feeling too lazy for nice formatting: character permadeath is avoidable by not being an idiot,

C'mon now, there's PLENTY of instances in multiple games where the reinforcement spawns are total bullshit.
Even when you KNOW when and where they're coming.

Not to mention instances where a rescueable character will kill themselves off due to dumb AI or just plain bad luck which you have absolutely no control over (Jaffar in Hector Hard mode, anyone?).

Saying every death is due to player idiocy is beyond glib.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

GeneX posted:

Oh no a hyperbolic statement that's generally true has a few specific exceptions

I must correct this

Oh no a bullshit statement has been called out.

Let me act like a smug rear end in a top hat.

chiasaur11 posted:

I'd say the story is good about three quarters of the way in (if a bit rough to keep track of) and then it denigrates into "Look! Demons!"

True, and it seems this is the formula for every Matsuno story, except for FF12 where most of the game you're wandering around aimlessly while occasionally receiving cutscene updates of the story in the background.

Shiki Dan fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Dec 30, 2016

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

To be fair, though, it's not the only one.
They did it again in the next game, albeit on a map that is exclusive to Hard Mode only.

And yet it's still nowhere near as bad, simply because the game doesn't force you to field two brand new fragile-as-gently caress and near-useless units, including a Level One Shaman

• Locked thread