Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I recently read through this LP, which made me want to reread the New Mystery LP, which then made me want to finish New Mystery after dropping it many years ago, and it was great fun so thanks for that. :) It's a pity the game got such a bad rep because of Kris (who I thought was pretty inoffensive self-insert tbh) and the lackluster art direction because I think the gameplay is top-notch.

Crap quality image because phone screenshot but I wanna show off this Ogma:

Because I find the image of a hardened warrior charging at you on a horse with two legendary weapons in hand :black101: af.

He was pretty MVP throughout my run for real too since 9 Move bow user (who isn't bowlocked!) + A Rank Swords off Mercenary made him a versatile unit who can do melee or ranged as needed. He was really helpful in deleting all those pesky ranged enemies behind walls as well; really glad I decided to try out Horseman instead of Hero. Had to burn an Arms Scroll early on to kickstart his Bow rank but it was just sitting around and no one really needed them anyway, (Julian got the first Scroll, which was enough to make him usable) and the results were worth it.

This LP also makes me wanna play Shadow Dragon, but uh, I'm not sure if this is a case of the LP making the game seem much more fun than it actually is.

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Apr 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Blaze Dragon posted:

This was a genuine problem with me when I fought Jedah with the Dracoshield. The only way I had to win that one was sending Celica to fight him, hoping she crit, and if she didn't crit, that she dodged. The chances weren't bad.

Neither happened, game over.

I then decided to just grind for Tigerstance. That poo poo is broken.

Uh, the boss leaves after a number of turns.

• Locked thread