Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

biosterous posted:

no-pants Marth should be the first and only 6-star hero in Fire Emblem Heroes
The only question now is which artist should get the honor of drawing Pants-Free Marth for Heroes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Not enough spirals on Pants-Free Marth for him.

Better idea: Have ONE do the initial version, then have Yusuke Murata come in and do a second variant for a later event banner. Hire me, Nintendo. I can milk those whales dry for you.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Jagen still uses lances in Heroes. He just has a sword on his waistband in his artwork because...:shrug:.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

LordHippoman posted:

I guess swords are just easier to draw, considering Caeda also for some reason got made into a sword user. (Also, looking this up gave me a bunch of information on the Heroes Metagame and wow.)
Caeda (and Palla as well) is primarily a sword user just to balance out the current crop of fliers since right now it's 7 lance users (Hinoka, Subaki, Clair, Est, Florina, Shanna, and Catria), 4 axe users* (Minerva, Cherche, Beruka, and Camilla), with Caeda and Palla filling in as the sword users.

*=Michalis makes it 5, but he was a Grand Hero Battle and is not a permanent hero as of this posting.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Tae posted:

Are you missing narcian on purpose
No, I legit forgot about him. But then again, he falls under the same section as Michalis, so he's not a permanent fixture.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Torrannor posted:

Minerva's Shadow Dragon art may be huge, but it's really gorgeous.
Say what you will about modern-day Shirow Masamune, but the artwork he did for Shadow Dragon is definitely a stronger showing for him. Yes, there are some questionable choices (Linde's "3 seconds from being transparent" outfit, Merric's robe and hat being twice the size of himself), but he did some good work there. Minerva's art is probably the best of the lot he did, with Gharnef's art being a close second, in my opinion.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I forgot that Shirow Masamune gave Gharnef quasi-platform shoes for his artwork. I guess Gharnef is a lot shorter than he lets on.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

LordHippoman posted:

In light of this, I've redone a pivotal moment from the previous update to reflect these changes.

(I'm sure someone better at art can come up with a better joke, but I have to pretend to contribute to the thread sometimes.)
This Bojack Horseman remake looks weird.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I believe the artist also did Eliwood's artwork. Miyuu (the artist's name) has some...interesting opinions on eyes.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Senerio posted:

Eyes?
Fire Emblem Heroes?

What I'm saying is it could be worse.
True, no one from IntSys has asked Hisahi Hirai to do artwork for the game yet.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Jagen is the hero the land needs. I heard his hair is insured for $10,000.
Some say he naturally faces magnetic north, and that all of his legs are hydraulic.

All we know is, he's called the Jagen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Thanks for the ride, LordHippomanJagen. May your tales entertain the future generations as well as they did now.

• Locked thread