Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Steve! :swoon:

I enjoyed your last FE LP so much, Lord Hippoman, very much looking forward to this one.

There's no MyUnit in this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

quote:

Now I have the Kirby remix stuck in my head :mad:

I think I have yet to see any Fire Emblem LP in which Caeda sucked.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Camel Pimp posted:

You know, this LP's been missing something, and I think I just figured out what it is

Perfect! I wonder how Jagen would look with it?

Perhaps that's something for later in the thread ;)

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I really like idea to make Cord a dark mage and a part of our core team.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Camel Pimp posted:

Gafgarion, yes? Oh, then, that's well before the most bullshit part of the game.

Although, speaking of FFT, one thing I do like about the Fire Emblem games is that even when you break them apart, you can't completely turn off your brain and coast. (Well, maybe on Awakening normal mode) In FFT, once you've got a good mage with some Calculate abilities, it's good-bye any semblance of challenge (and that's only one example)

That's true, there were a lot of ways to break Tactics. And they even throw Cid at you if you can't manage it on your own.

On the other hand, the story is better than that of any FE game I've seen (I'm only up to Radiant Dawn).

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Ah, the Pegaus Trio. There are so many LPs where Catria turns out to be a murder machine, I'm looking forward to seeing her in action here.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I'm boring and voted for Sety.

How come they make ten thousand remakes of the Archanea games but none of the Jugdral games? :mad:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

AradoBalanga posted:

I legit forgot about Nasir and Kurt. :doh:

Oh, and that...red dragon dude who I think I accidentally killed in Dhegnisea's fight. Whatever he was called.

Ena, and she was even playable in both Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Do we even have a unit that can use Parthia at the moment?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
:siren:UPDATE ON THE PREVIOUS PAGE:siren:

LordHippoman posted:

Bonus Content

The Incredibly Persistent Assho-

The Love Longing Brave, Astram

Wait, does his armor leave his midriff free?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

LordHippoman posted:

The bottom right corner houses the world’s worst ambush from a Sniper who doesn’t know we somehow have a bird’s eye view of the battlefield, but there are two chests in there so we’re going in anyway.

Rooms that stay hidden in FoW until you open them are from later games in the series? I think Heroes of Light and Shadow has those. And the GameBoy games, too?

Torrannor fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Mar 24, 2017

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Blue Haired Guy.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Tae posted:

Playing Fire Emblem itself doesn't take long. Putting up all the different routes and support conversations is the other stuff. Take Blazing Sword for example. You are posting minimum Lyn/Eliwood/Hector mode with all the gaiden chapters and support conversations, not touching any hard mode exclusives. Even Sacred Stones, the shortest fire emblem in the last couple decades, still have two different routes and two huge dungeon areas.

You can just make a gimmick (for example using an all female team for even numbered maps, and an all male team for odd numbered maps) and not play the gaidens, that's the choice of the LPer.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Last Celebration posted:

0% growth rate runs (just what it sounds like, a hack where units never gain a stat aside from their promotion gains) have been done of most FE games up until Shadow Dragon on the highest difficulties, I believe, so anything's possible. Most Fire Emblems don't have garbage fires for prepremotes, so it'd just be an interesting change of pace seeing normally unremarkable units most people would bench.

Was somebody crazy enough to do this in Thracia 776? :aaa:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

LordHippoman posted:

: Quiet, Chris.

:argh:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Wrys is getting so many empty levels because why mess with perfection?

He won't be getting any more empty levels :(

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Minerva's Shadow Dragon art may be huge, but it's really gorgeous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
This is such a great LP. I don't know if we truly deserved to witness Jagen's glory. We are blessed!

• Locked thread