Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Awakening is a great game to talk about when comparing Shadow Dragon. Whilst Awakening is not the most challenging game and its story has a tendency to wander around, the chemistry displayed by the characters in the game is amazing, especially when you start throwing the child units into the mix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Last Celebration posted:

It's worth noting with the Levin Sword that in NES Shadow Dragon there was no magic stat, so it was basically just a decent spell. Also there's a map where it's not terrible because no one told IS taking a map with Not-Bow Armor Knights and making their not-bows ballistas while keeping the tank part would not be the greatest idea in the world. so you want as many sources of magic damage as you can get.

I just responded to in kind and gave them a taste of long range bullshit.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

LordHippoman posted:

Heads up!

I was extremely wrong! gently caress knorda market

Why did you think that would be a good idea?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

MonstrousMouse posted:

Does it debuff your Res, or is this a typo?

It will target res instead of def.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Miacis posted:

And this is particularly comical for a man who literally cannot be hurt by anything short of Starlight.

: But what if Medeus enlists the help of Gotoh to slay me?! I need more safeguards!

Or maybe he was planning to get rid of the Darksphere one day (it does do a number on his physical appeal), and retire in a cottage, far from the hubbub of the darkdragonopolis, with his sword, his staff and Tiki I guess.

I guess the darksphere doesn't protect from earth dragons.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Tae posted:

One small thing FE should add in the future is some sort of mass-direction for moving units. The worst feeling on a map is realizing you have 14-15 units that all have to be selected and individually moved for the next three turns to inside a castle or something.

Auto Battle in the newest game does just this. You can select a general order every turn and then watch as the AI moves all of your guys. Importantly enough once that is over you get asked the same question at the start of every turn so you can stop and start when you want. Add in the action reversal mechanic and you should be just fine in terms of not being screwed over by stupid mistakes.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Doesn't Nagi have special dialogue with the final boss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It was a good way to add some character to a story that largely didn't have any.

• Locked thread