Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself

:allears:

Shame I'm on my laptop, otherwise I'd toss in Steve's mask too. Er, the eye one, not the ninja mask thing.

Don't think I've made it here yet, just wanted to say it's good to see you back in the saddle already, Hippo. :patriot: And yeah, I think we talked about RF2 in the thread already, but you spend the first half with tutorial gameplay (no crafting, no special tools, etc.) but normal talkin' and datin', and then the child protaganist part where you have full gameplay but really simplified character stuff (and yes, even by HM/RF standards). I don't think there's any point in the game where the traditional audience is happy. :sweatdrop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

MythosDragon posted:

In all honesty, at this point I expect LPers to willingly subject themselves to games most wouldnt,

I'm not saying he shouldn't do it. :ssh:

I forgot to mention this earlier, but I watched Zain stream Tokyo Jam Sessions earlier this year. None of us had played Fire Emblem but had varying degrees of familiarity with the LPs here, so we kept tossing around anecdotes and turning to the Wikia/Serenes for stuff we didn't remember. I don't remember Narvabarl showing up, though, guess he didn't get that far. That design is actually kind of cool, slinky arm aside.

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

Camel Pimp posted:

Okay, first off I gotta warn that the quality fluctuates; some of these I found on the other Fire Emblem wiki, some I found on Serenes, and some I found on various japanese blogposts.

CP, you are a treasure. :allears: Gordin's smirk is probably my favorite. Least is definitely the soulless blank eyes the horses have. :gonk:

I don't know if anyone in the know explained it on any other FE LP, but I still have no idea why, when you have Excaliburs and actually fairly obscure mythology references like Gradivus, the ultimate sword is just... a falchion. I mean, I guess it's the falchion, but still.

• Locked thread