Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

HiHo ChiRho posted:

I think we have to go with the axe to be true :black101:

If we could get you a peacock in your pants again with the axe it'd be 2012 all over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I can't believe it's been that long.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

StealthArcher posted:

If we could get you a peacock in your pants again with the axe it'd be 2012 all over.

Sneak peek at the next update:

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

GlyphGryph posted:

Hail Satan, comrade

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

GlyphGryph posted:

Glyph continues to shine brighter.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Members of the band, it's time to get a real name - please weigh in on what you want that name to be! We'll only be recruiting one more member before the band is full (we need room for musical guests), so it's a good time to formalize things.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

The Che Che Marxists.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Tooth and Claw has been busy. Almost a dozen conservatives have fallen before them, most of them from the Fire Station and the two science labs.

I bought BRB an axe on my last shopping trip. He seems to like it.

They're doing well enough that Battle Royale Baby thinks it is past time to make the squad a bit larger. But to reach the next batch of recruits, he's going to have to go further than walking and public transport can take him.

He purchases a black pickup truck.

Then he heads out to the private residence of one of the powerful CEO's that live in the city. He is not planning any violence here. Not today, anyway.

The CEO's "Castle" has regular traffic. Slaves keep the property clean. Young teenagers and prostitutes are always coming and going to small parties thrown on the grounds. Security makes their rounds, and trained guard dogs stand ready to sound the alarm. It's the last one of those that BRB is interested in.

I also discovered on this visit that the CEO sometimes keeps more... "exotic" pets.

He interviews a great number of dogs. He decides that two of them make the cut, and welcomes to the squad.

After recruiting them, he sends them off to skulk about and practice their skills, then gets back to work. Concerned for the safety of the team, I'd had our fabrication team take a break from their duties to make a few special outfits. The team wears these on their next outing.

It's incredibly lucky they did, or Battle Royale Baby might not have survived.

Luckily, they did escape. No one died. Well, no one who wasn't a conservative. But it meant Tooth and Claw was going to be out of commission for a while while he recovered. Luckily, we have Mad Wack to take care of him - without her to remove the bullet and treat the moon, we would have had to risk sending him to the hospital. That can be expensive, and I always worry that someone as notable as he has become might end up being discovered by the police while he's there.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Despite the injury, we had a good month.

We set up a business front at our hideout. With all the coming and going we were doing, a cover story would help avoid suspicion, and our clothing business was doing well enough to be believable.

I was also hard at work expanding our sleeper network through the power of love.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Power Crazy also had a busy month. Tired of the sterility of the classroom, he'd decided to take the band out and cause some trouble. With the new body armor we'd crafted, he could do this with a much lower chance of being killed five minutes into his first mission. It went fairly well. They dealt with some violence from the uncultured, destroyed the stage, and opened a few minds. All in all, it was a pretty drat good show.

After the show, he went back to work finding some new recruits. He even auditioned an actual musician! (The musician did not get the job, he just didn't have enough heart)

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

He did eventually find someone he was happy with - another mutant, outcast by society. He said there was music in every step she took - I think he may have been a little bit smitten.

Next up, he needed a face for the ban. Someone the audience could really fall in love with.

He needed a dog.

He said he would eventually recruit one more member and leave a final spot open for a rotating member, but the band was really taking shape. He started working with the tailors on the costume design for their performances, and they began to brainstorm names...

News:

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Air-Bud but for left-wing terrorism

"Ain't no rule ya can't have a dog as a combatant!"

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

I don't have any more stuff to post tonight, but next update is going to be focusing on Deceitful Penguin's newest shenanigans.

Also, forgot to post this. Squad status update:

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
If that was 'Making horrible Hawaiian shirts and shorts' it would be true to reality, as that's about all I did with my tailoring education.

Though, technically, I could make a suit. It would just be garish and not black.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
That's pretty much how tailoring goes in this game. Star off making Tie-dyes, move on to cheap suits, then more expensive suits. It's probably the most lucrative -legal- way to get money.

Nothing beats a good bank robbing crew though.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
Stay safe BRB ghost!

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
What's the Canine going to do with the band, will he be "the muscle" in case someone can't be converted or something?

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

What's the Canine going to do with the band, will he be "the muscle" in case someone can't be converted or something?

It's an all-guitar band. The dog is in the band. The dog plays a guitar like everyone else.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

It's an all-guitar band. The dog is in the band. The dog plays a guitar like everyone else.

Such low heart though :/

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Business has been good. We've actually recruited a few more tailors, but it's the old ones that are making us tons of cash.

There may have been some unintended casualties of conservative forces during the recruitment process.

One of our children was accosted by another youth hating officer. It didn't end well, and BoredDG is no longer with us.

Little Zimbardo ran into trouble of his own, but he's been on the streets long enough now that he knows how to get away.

I tried sending them out stealing cars for a little while, figuring that might be safer, but none of them had the security skill to get through the doors. I'd been teaching them for a while - I may have to send them out to get field practice unlocking house doors and freeing rabbits before they can switch to the more lucrative alternative of car theft.

We adopted a new child to replace the one that was killed.

Battle Royale Baby has been hard at work putting the conservative scum to the axe. Hard enough at work that we're starting to attract serious heat.

We're not at any real risk yet, but it's time for a change of plan.

With the captive safely locked in a small side room, we get our outfits ready.

The interrogation begins.

On the third day, I call off the others. I begin to approach the prisoner, still in a drugged stupor, and tell him that I'm sorry those men had to treat him like that, but I'm here to help. I even let him out of his restraints, and sit by him in the room.

On the final day there are no more drugs. No more props. We sit down and we have an earnest conversation, and our new friend finally finds his way to the side of the angels.

While we were interrogating the prisoner, Captain Rainbowbeard decided to kick off the next phase of his own plan.

Which was apparently "murder a police officer, on the steps of the courthouse, with a flamethrower. While dressed as Satan." He even went out of his way to make sure there were witnesses.

He looted the corpse, of course.

Then he returned the supplies he'd borrowed from base and drop off the loot, and went to turn himself in.

Personally, I think he's one crazy, lucky sunovabitch.

News:

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
I regret that I am not a multihanded monstrosify and so can only sew with one pair of hands for the revolution!

Mutant spawn: „Progenitor, wha did you do with the revolution during the bad times?“

[Looks at sewing machine with 'This machine kilks fascists inscribed on it']

„It involved threading a thin line and long Hours in the dark my sweets“

[Offspring gurgle liberally]

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Deceitful Penguin posted:

I regret that I am not a multihanded monstrosify and so can only sew with one pair of hands for the revolution!

You're not a tailor, although you have been doing that. You have a long list of crimes that include things like murder, but the vast majority of them are racketeering - roughly half the squad operates directly under your supervision, meaning you get a cut of all their juice, and you've been handling industrial sabotage trips as well. You're actually one of my 2 key people - if you or Battle Royale Baby go down, I am in serious trouble.

You're also the best tailor we have, mind you, but that's just a bonus.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Recruit me.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I'm so happy to be belting out anime marxist power ballads to charm people to our side.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Sign me the hell up.

Codename "Thaum" is ready for whatever.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Also if anyone wants a full status update (equipment, skills, rap sheet) for a specific character let me know and i will throw it up after the next update

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Put me in, coach comrade.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

GlyphGryph posted:

You're not a tailor, although you have been doing that. You have a long list of crimes that include things like murder, but the vast majority of them are racketeering - roughly half the squad operates directly under your supervision, meaning you get a cut of all their juice, and you've been handling industrial sabotage trips as well. You're actually one of my 2 key people - if you or Battle Royale Baby go down, I am in serious trouble.

You're also the best tailor we have, mind you, but that's just a bonus.
I think its best to start out with the light stuff before I go into

'And as the deathsquaddie whimpered for his god I gave him another 9 mill to send him on his way, leaving the hall bedecked in more still warm gore. It was very festive, I remember thinking as one of my liberal compatriots lit another of theirs on fire. Ho ho ho, we're here to give you the gift of a painful death and we brought enough for everyone. '

Huh. Though I wonder how Id shake down people

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

BoredDG posted:

I want to be the next child murdered by murdercops

Yesss, the prophecy is fullfilled, thank you.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

I am to please, even at things i have relatively little control over

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
Hell yeah I love being a murder mutant, both in game and real life

Tale
Jul 31, 2013

Sign me up, I'm tryna crack some fascist skulls

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Michael Bayleaf posted:

Hell yeah I love being a murder mutant, both in game and real life

:hf:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

GlyphGryph posted:

While we were interrogating the prisoner, Captain Rainbowbeard decided to kick off the next phase of his own plan.

Which was apparently "murder a police officer, on the steps of the courthouse, with a flamethrower. While dressed as Satan." He even went out of his way to make sure there were witnesses.

He looted the corpse, of course.

Then he returned the supplies he'd borrowed from base and drop off the loot, and went to turn himself in.

Personally, I think he's one crazy, lucky sunovabitch.

This seems like something I would do.

I did promise to escalate, after all.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Happy New Years, fellow liberals.

Unfortunately, things still aren't looking so great.

No need to fear, though - the Liberal Crime Squad may have taken a short Holiday break, but they are back in action.

And our first order of business is simple:
Free Captain Rainbowbeard.

You see, he just wasn't particularly satisfied with what he'd already done.

He simply didn't think it was enough.

So I waltzed into the police station, stuck to the shadows, and found him.

He was in rough shape, I had to drag him out. Without being noticed.

Finally back and safe at base, we gave him some food and water, and some pats on the back.

He'd gotten quite the rap sheet now.

And then, of course, he headed back to the police station and turned himself in.

Meanwhile,

The interrogation process is straightforward. Baby is the bad cop, and I am the good cop. You can tell, because I'm the one wearing the bondage gear, and he's the one the Death Squad Officer that beats them to within an inch of their life before I "save" them from his anger.

Finale:

Corporate Managers can make us a lot of money. I think I might be grabbing a few more in the near future. This will also be the last interrogation seen I'll show unless something interesting and divergent happens.

Bonus:
Did you know flying flags in your hideouts is great? A business front is expensive and adds about 35 points of secrecy. A flag is cheap and adds about the same amount, at least with the nation as conservative as it is right now. People practically worship it, and they simply can't imagine a Liberal operating under it's majestic glory.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
How hard is it to get arrested for indecent exposure, anyway? Was that erased from my record due to my brilliant defense?

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

How hard is it to get arrested for indecent exposure, anyway? Was that erased from my record due to my brilliant defense?
It ticks people off, but doesn't actually count as a crime.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Battle Royale Baby may currently be in police custody.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

ruh roh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

So which fourteen states are out of the Union according to LCS, and why do I get the feeling that police custody is the better option, given you gave that notice an entire post of its own?

• Locked thread