Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
The entire DAPL fiasco is Obama's (almost) entire presidency in a neat little package. It has everything: human rights abuses, siding with energy corporations over indigenous Americans, not enforcing a cease and desist order from the DOJ against emboldened right wingers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

dude

this is tyt politics they cover a bunch of stuff but jorden chariton has been on the ground with the protesters on and off for months they videos will keep you up to date and show you what it looks like there and they have some breaking down different aspects of the situation. do you need me to post those specifically for you?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuMo0RRtnNDuMB8DV5stEag

this is unicorn riot i dont follow them so i cant attest to the quality of they videos but they are also on the ground doing some good coverage follow there twitter for up to the minute stuff. do you need me to post that?
http://www.unicornriot.ninja

these people are on the protester side and may be biased in some instances if you want someone to cover the company and the cops side just watch cnn

You're a loving illiterate rear end in a top hat and I hate you and your loving retard "cause" based on that alone

gently caress off

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

social vegan posted:

excited for the movie they make in 5 years they'll say is loosely based off this story where sandra bullock teaches 5 native americans with a chip on their shoulder and a knack for the game how to play volleyball

Vball has six players on the court tho, who will be the sixth? I hope it's a ghost

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

T.S. Smelliot posted:

You're a loving illiterate rear end in a top hat and I hate you and your loving retard "cause" based on that alone

gently caress off

im sorry to hear that man that will be a heavy burden for me to bear going forward

id like to suggest you form your viewpoints based on your interpretation of ideas and facts rather than your feelings for forums posters if thats not too distressing a notion tho?

Brave Lil Abacus
Nov 23, 2016
why are cops so evil lol.

I mean I get their whole job is the enforcement of class conflict and the protecting the interests of the wealthy but they could at least not be dicks about it.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Hardawn posted:

Vball has six players on the court tho, who will be the sixth? I hope it's a ghost

the reformed racist mayor: says here the court's build on a burial ground

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lol like the protestors count as citizens. only corporations have legal rights as people now.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i like how every conflict in america is just good vs. evil now with evil almost always winning because i was getting tired of nuance and hope

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The silver lining is all the great music we'll get out of this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hkg-bzTHeAk

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
that's cool I like oil

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

that's cool I like oil

er its a gas pipeline you know like the stuff that comes out of your rear end

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
What comes outta my mouth tho???

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

er its a gas pipeline you know like the stuff that comes out of your rear end

Why don't they just pipe my rear end then smart guy

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Reminder that the democrats are the "good" guys.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

OMGVBFLOL posted:

"concussion grenades couldn't do that much damage, something else blew that lady's arm apart, we have no idea what"

this except unironically

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Obama, in perfect legacy character, suggested we give this a few weeks to play out.

Motherfucker

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

Manifest Despair posted:

There are a lot more important problems than Standing Rock to worry about. We have to end climate change for one. And slow down the nuclear arms race, stop terrorism and world hunger. We have to provide food and shelter for the homeless, and oppose racial discrimination and promote civil rights, while also promoting equal rights for women. We have to encourage a return to traditional moral values. Most importantly, we have to promote general social concern and less materialism in young people.

*Nods sagely*

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

there's no way they will die of thirst if the corporations keep hosing them down with water cannons. it's a good strategy imo

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

Why don't they just pipe my rear end then smart guy

What do you think your toilet hooks up to?

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it should be legal to shoot live ammo at private security forces
slaughter them all

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Malaise forever

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
like most people, I don't know poo poo about the specifics of this. Would the pipeline actually contaminate the water supply? How are the police getting away with blockading the road for no justifiable reason?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
it's pretty hosed up that on thanksgiving, they are gonna televise the dakota pipeline being forced on the redskins.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Cool, I think we should totally protest for our right to dependence on foreign oil from war torn countries. Native Americans should be protesting for their right to be coralled into a lovely piece of wasteland that was paritioned to them by their oppressor instead of societal integration and equity. Libtards. Hose em down. :downs:

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

Zorodius posted:

like most people, I don't know poo poo about the specifics of this. Would the pipeline actually contaminate the water supply? How are the police getting away with blockading the road for no justifiable reason?

From what I've seen their "state of the art leak protection measures" fail all the time and they aren't notified of many leaks/spills.

With GOP lockdown on each chamber of congress I'm assuming EPA will be abolished and we're all basically hosed in general. Pipeline, fracking, mining free-for-all forthcoming.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Brave Lil Abacus posted:

I mean I get their whole job is the enforcement of class conflict and the protecting the interests of the wealthy but they could at least not be dicks about it.

Serious answer is that they get paid poo poo wages to do poo poo work with inadequate support for mental health. Partner that with toxic machismo and systemic racism and you get a powder keg of bad times.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xtra Innings Lovin posted:

From what I've seen their "state of the art leak protection measures" fail all the time and they aren't notified of many leaks/spills.

With GOP lockdown on each chamber of congress I'm assuming EPA will be abolished and we're all basically hosed in general. Pipeline, fracking, mining free-for-all forthcoming.

What these idiots should be doing is petitioning the EPA for more rigid environmental standards and maintanance outposts. What they are doing is giving the companies building this poo poo the right to not listen to anything. You could literally get more people behind overhauling the EPA in a loving phish lot than they have at this protest. If you want your tax and spend bullshit don't support foreign military acquisition of oil, support an organization that can make standards and hold companies accountable. And don't make a loving spectacle at a jobsite where people are just trying to work to feed their kids.

drowningidiot
Sep 27, 2014

Manifest Despair posted:

There are a lot more important problems than Standing Rock to worry about. We have to end climate change for one. And slow down the nuclear arms race, stop terrorism and world hunger. We have to provide food and shelter for the homeless, and oppose racial discrimination and promote civil rights, while also promoting equal rights for women. We have to encourage a return to traditional moral values. Most importantly, we have to promote general social concern and less materialism in young people.

Aren't the Sikhs killing like tons of Israelis over there?

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

This is a bad thing and it should not be happening.

Think Thin!
Sep 17, 2006

paul_soccer10 posted:

it should be legal to shoot live ammo at private security forces
slaughter them all

this but highly ironically

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Bitch rear end liberals need to radicalize and face to gun ownership

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Brave Lil Abacus posted:

how can you not be a dick when your job is to protect people by noob tubing them

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

i like how every conflict in america is just good vs. evil now with evil almost always winning because i was getting tired of nuance and hope

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

What these idiots should be doing is petitioning the EPA for more rigid environmental standards and maintanance outposts. What they are doing is giving the companies building this poo poo the right to not listen to anything. You could literally get more people behind overhauling the EPA in a loving phish lot than they have at this protest. If you want your tax and spend bullshit don't support foreign military acquisition of oil, support an organization that can make standards and hold companies accountable. And don't make a loving spectacle at a jobsite where people are just trying to work to feed their kids.

the protests are being funded by the companies, probably. i mean its not hard to get people to die on a hill for perceived moral superiority but its pretty much been not reported on for months and then suddenly it is and oh the humanity!!!! "wow i cant believe it" -wolf blitzer

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?

And don't make a loving spectacle at a jobsite where people are just trying to work to feed their kids.
Counterpoint: the employees chose to work for these evil companies because they're dicks?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nigga crab pollock posted:

the protests are being funded by the companies, probably. i mean its not hard to get people to die on a hill for perceived moral superiority but its pretty much been not reported on for months and then suddenly it is and oh the humanity!!!! "wow i cant believe it" -wolf blitzer

And now every progressive discussion about infrastructure is slated as ecoterrorist banter and ignored as a matter of national security. Good plan idiots.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
As I recall in the past ~10-15 years a lot of cops go to a "training" shooting range/war facility thing in some hick state where they get to use excessive and overly violent cool weapons and techniques as "training" which factors a lot into cops being much more rear end in a top hat-ish these days.

Lacey
Jul 10, 2001

Guess where this lollipop's going?

Manifest Despair posted:

Most importantly, we have to promote general social concern and less materialism in young people.
But young people who protest are hippie crybabies. And people are already panicking about the economy because young people aren't materialistic enough.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

And now every progressive discussion about infrastructure is slated as ecoterrorist banter and ignored as a matter of national security. Good plan idiots.

its pretty incredible how the democratic party has continued to alienate their supporters going forward

ive already been called a nazi for having a trump banner on twitter the movement has already jumped the shark a couple times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Lacey posted:

But young people who protest are hippie crybabies. And people are already panicking about the economy because young people aren't materialistic enough.

a thinkpiece about millennials being lazy written by a mom with a 24 year old living in her basement with no self-awareness that she is directly enabling the behavior she is criticizing in other people's children

• Locked thread