Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

I get kind of down about some of this stuff, but then throw in something like Dragon's Dogma or Gears of War and then don't think about it anymore! Bing bang boom problem solved!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

It's nearly time.

http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Ghost_Dance

Shadowrun posted:

The Great Ghost Dance was a powerful magic ritual, led by Daniel Howling Coyote, used by the NAN to cause Mts. Hood, Ranier, St. Helens, and Adams to erupt simultaneously, the magical equivalent of nuclear war. It occurred on Aug 17, 2017, at 10:32 am. After the Great Ghost Dance, the United States admitted defeat and drew up the Treaty of Denver.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
interview with a witness to the police disarming that chick hes a hippie who looks like he smells and talks about a movement of peace and love at one point so dont watch if that kinda thing is triggering to you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEMLoYmrnz4

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Moridin920 posted:

protesters should be armed if they don't want the police to gently caress with them, that's obv the lesson learned from the Bundy poo poo

P sure both Dakotas are open carry states so they wouldn't be doing anything illegal just having them.

congratulations on being blessed with the insular, privileged life that makes you think "obeying the law" is something american cops care at all about when interacting with armed people of color

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Yeah the Bundys are alive because they're white and are therefore granted the assumption of peacefully protesting in good faith, despite that being the opposite of the truth.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
America is china now

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

ScrubLeague posted:

Yeah the Bundys are alive because they're white and are therefore granted the assumption of peacefully protesting in good faith, despite that being the opposite of the truth.

Except the one that got killed trying to draw on the cops lmao

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
He got a lot of opportunities to not get shot and couldn't even do that right, rip tarp man.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

OMGVBFLOL posted:

congratulations on being blessed with the insular, privileged life that makes you think "obeying the law" is something american cops care at all about when interacting with armed people of color

yeah but the point is they might not be so quick to fucks with 200 people all carrying rifles vs 200 people actively saying they're gonna sit there and do nothing while you blast them in the face with water you know what i mean

NObodiesGeek
Jun 14, 2003
I'm not shy, I just hate you.

ScrubLeague posted:

He got a lot of opportunities to not get shot and couldn't even do that right, rip tarp man.

If only the BLM movement would understand this.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Moridin920 posted:

yeah but the point is they might not be so quick to fucks with 200 people all carrying rifles vs 200 people actively saying they're gonna sit there and do nothing while you blast them in the face with water you know what i mean

i agree armed violent protest is necessary to achieve significant change but in this instance theres money on the table so the cops would run away and the protesters would probably just be called terrorists and get hosed up by the army

hell the survivors might even be indefinitely detained without charge in some blacksite wishing they were dead cause thats totally cool and okay now

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

Moridin920 posted:

I'd assume the whole lot of them would get massacred and it would not even make it on to the chyron of any of the major news networks. If being the first female killed in the Iraq war or a school massacre can barely get a mention (Jessica Lynch and Terry Schaivo were a bigger deal to the MSM) I suspect a 200+ person massacre would warrant the same amount of air-time.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Native American reservations aren't America so they'd only get the "foreign tragedy" allotment. Like that scaffolding accident in China.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Moridin920 posted:

maybe. you willing to bet your life on it?

i mean, the police chief has outright said he thinks any level of force is acceptable. those aren't the words of someone who is going to break with hundreds of years of convention and respond to armed native americans with peace and diplomacy

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
drone footage of the pipeline, drill pad and bridge barricade the audio is awful at the start but gets better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wll5jwyVYiw

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

interview with a witness to the police disarming that chick hes a hippie who looks like he smells and talks about a movement of peace and love at one point so dont watch if that kinda thing is triggering to you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEMLoYmrnz4

I especially enjoy the part where the "reporter" says he knows the girl didn't blow her own arm up, but wants reaction from the "witness" about the people who think them full of poo poo.

Some hard hitting journalism there, my friend.

Fog Tripper has issued a correction as of 15:43 on Nov 25, 2016

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Mods, please send this serious political thread to CSPAM where it belongs

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
incoming retroactive bans for victim blaming

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Volcott posted:

Native American reservations aren't America so they'd only get the "foreign tragedy" allotment. Like that scaffolding accident in China.

This is not correct.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Moridin920 posted:

exactly. the police would not throw grenades and poo poo into a crowd of armed people, they would risk riling them up and getting return fire

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
all parties just need to have a sweat lodge. can't be mad after that. maybe a shake tent for good measure.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Rutibex posted:

exactly. the police would not throw grenades and poo poo into a crowd of armed people, they would risk riling them up and getting return fire

I don't think it's just the fear of death, I think most people except for the total psychos don't really want to murder other people. But if you happen to throw a grenade that's not "supposed to" do enough damage to maim or kill and then it does, you can do all sorts of mental gymnastics to claim it was an accident. Same with tazers, some guy dies of heart failure and you can just say it was an unfortunate accident and then you don't have to feel bad.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

...and the pitch! posted:

This is not correct.

It's both correct AND sad.

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

ScrubLeague posted:

Yeah the feds should've stormed the wildlife center and slaughtered them all

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

King Vidiot posted:

I don't think it's just the fear of death, I think most people except for the total psychos don't really want to murder other people. But if you happen to throw a grenade that's not "supposed to" do enough damage to maim or kill and then it does, you can do all sorts of mental gymnastics to claim it was an accident. Same with tazers, some guy dies of heart failure and you can just say it was an unfortunate accident and then you don't have to feel bad.

Also stairs. Warning: :words:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Volcott posted:

It's both correct AND sad.

Show to me that reservations are not part of the US.

I assume you mean the US although you said America.

Whatev posted:

It's hard to ignore that white people got more media attention and were treated better. I don't know who was advocating slaughter.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Maybe they could tell Peter thiel the pipeline is slandering him.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

That comic's entire point is contained in this:

And all they would've had to do is add a panel before and after that setting it up and paying it off, but instead they had to go on and on and on. Just write a goddamned article or something.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

...and the pitch! posted:

Show to me that reservations are not part of the US.

I assume you mean the US although you said America.

It's hard to ignore that white people got more media attention and were treated better. I don't know who was advocating slaughter.

They self-govern on the authority of the federal government, but I meant "in the mind of the average American." There's a pretty common sentiment that they're different from the rest of Us Folks.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

King Vidiot posted:

And all they would've had to do is add a panel before and after that setting it up and paying it off, but instead they had to go on and on and on. Just write a goddamned article or something.

i'll make sure the author gets this feedback

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs

Nooner posted:

lol that the cops are totes owning Standing Rock protesters but like didnt do poo poo about the Bundy Ranch protesters.

I guess that does kinda prove all those people with hardons about the second amendment's point....

Welcome to reality.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Whatev posted:

Yeah

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

King Vidiot posted:

That comic's entire point is contained in this:

I'm sorry you don't like words, but you can't say you weren't warned.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

runupon cracker posted:

I'm sorry you don't like words, but you can't say you weren't warned.

Thanks, didn't really read them though

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

King Vidiot posted:

. But if you happen to throw a grenade that's not "supposed to" do enough damage to maim or kill and then it does,

I've seen no evidence of this beyond some guys tweeted picture of something.
Treating it much like the picture of the woman over in the middle east holding up (unfired) rounds that hit her house.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Romes128 posted:

Except the one that got killed trying to draw on the cops lmao

Ohh I thought you meant like w/ a marker at first

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Fog Tripper posted:

Treating it much like the picture of the woman over in the middle east holding up (unfired) rounds that hit her house.

You mean this one?

https://twitter.com/UR_Ninja/status/800909516393029632?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Because all of those look pretty spent to me.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Fog Tripper posted:

one time someone lied, therefore everyone is lying unless im presented w/ a peer-reviewed metanalysis showing otherwise. ill be waiting here til its ready

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Man I don't know who to believe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

personally, i can't believe that law enforcement is possibly using force to suppress native americans.

• Locked thread