Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

MinibarMatchman posted:

Only watched the 1st episode so far but I love it. Interesting how by the end of the 1st episode Lenny practically lays it all out about in insecurity and apparent unworthiness but gently caress it, I guess, this dude is Pope even if he's some kind of agitator. He's such a strange loving character that I'm hooked now. Jude Law was such a fantastic choice for this.

And the cinematography and some of the weird imagery and dream sequences really adds to the sense of unease and confusion, making the viewer feel the same as those around the pope do to some degree. I really like this show so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Grem posted:

So God has basically been doing favors for Lenny since Lenny's childhood. He's basically hovering over Lenny saying "NOTICE ME SENPAI!!"

I think part of it is that God will do seemingly anything for him, except give him the one thing in the world he's always wanted. That's why he doubts.

I think I could watch this show a dozen times and still not understand it. But it's just so well shot and scored that I love it, even when I don't understand what's going on.

• Locked thread