Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Ardeem posted:

Oh, that bit in the credits about patient Saturn fans? Working Designs delayed this game so much that it released after the console died.

Was the Saturn ever even alive to begin with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
It did well enough in Japan... :v:

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
Who'd have thought? Anime games are good! And with that said,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il2wxb4Af_I

PUU PUU
PUU PUU
PUU PUU
PUU PUU
PUU PUU
PUU PUU
PUU PUU
PUU PUU
PUU PUU
PUU PUU
PUU PUU
[...]

fin.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mod note: hundreds of lines of "PUU PUU" edited out. why do you hate phone posters?

Somebody fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jan 19, 2018

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
I hate and love that post

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Jesus

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

anatoliy pltkrvkay posted:

Who'd have thought? Anime games are good! And with that said,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il2wxb4Af_I

PUU PUU
PUU PUU
PUU PUU
[...]

fin.

Puu

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mod note: hundreds of lines of "PUU PUU" edited out. why do you hate phone posters?

Somebody fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jan 19, 2018

Swork
Sep 5, 2011

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
to be funny
In japanese its Buujita

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

anatoliy pltkrvkay posted:

PUU PUU
PUU PUU
PUU PUU
PUU PUU
PUU PUU
PUU PUU
PUU PUU
PUU PUU
PUU PUU
PUU PUU
[...]

I ran these first few lines thru Google Translate and it came up with this:

puu puu shoes posted:

For thirty-nine episodes, you have been asking: Who is Mokona? This is Mokona speaking. I am the rabbit who loves his life. I am the rabbit who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has[...]

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
https://twitter.com/EatWorkSleepDie/status/954100299588829184

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Robert Denby posted:

I ran these first few lines thru Google Translate and it came up with this:

From what people have hinted here it sounds like that's genuinely Season 2.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

it keeps happening

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Honestly the biggest change from the anime to this is that all the evil underlings die here, but they survive in the anime and have some kind of story roles as it continues, ostensibly as good guys because that's the law for beaten anime villains.

Except I think Alcyone, who is just that much of a fuckup.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Mazed posted:

Honestly the biggest change from the anime to this is that all the evil underlings die here, but they survive in the anime and have some kind of story roles as it continues, ostensibly as good guys because that's the law for beaten anime villains.

Except I think Alcyone, who is just that much of a fuckup.
Alcyone totally bites it in the anime as well, yeah.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

t. owen smith has an imdb entry, and I really want to listen to his other works

http://m.imdb.com/name/nm0810085/

they sound like the kind of expensive limited run games that would be a headache to find

but I’m sure he would be just as fabulous

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

el dorito posted:

t. owen smith has an imdb entry, and I really want to listen to his other works

http://m.imdb.com/name/nm0810085/

they sound like the kind of expensive limited run games that would be a headache to find

but I’m sure he would be just as fabulous

Oh hey, Popful Mail. I know somebody who owns that game. And I own a copy of Growlanser III, but never got very far in it.

Kaasen
Jun 8, 2011

Have you ever seen
anything so wonderful
in your entire life?
Wow, the plot twist ending managed to get even worse because of how rushed it was. There's actually a whole second half of the manga/anime but I forget how the girls manage to go back to Cephiro when the princess' death was supposed to doom the place.

Thanks for the LP Kuvo, I never would have seen this game otherwise.

Edit: I forgot I was going to mention that CLAMP's most famous series, Cardcaptor Sakura, is getting a brand new arc and the anime version just started recently. Episode 1 got off to a great start when Sakura had to explain to the audience that one of her school friends, a 12 year old girl who was in a romantic relationship with her teacher, has abruptly transferred to a different school and won't be appearing again.

Kaasen fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jan 19, 2018

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Is her death supposed to doom it? The game seemed to be implying more along the lines that she wouldn't be helping it anymore but they'd stopped her destroying it. If the world dies either way I don't know why she'd bother summoning knights to kill her instead of letting the world die in the way that let her chill with her boyfriend until the apocalypse.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
With Emerald off the throne, they can pick somebody else to sit there and hold the world together. Or destroy it because it's a stupid systemOr wish for infinite resources to fund their warOr wish a less dumb system into its placeAs determined by trial by combat.

Kaasen
Jun 8, 2011

Have you ever seen
anything so wonderful
in your entire life?
Okay, I checked the wikipedia page and it turns out I had mis-remembered the part about Cephiro being doomed. Here's spoilers for the second half of the series:

"The second part of the series deals with the complications caused by Princess Emeraude's death. Set a year later, it opens with the three protagonists struggling with their guilt and despair over their role in her death. Meeting again at Tokyo Tower, they find themselves transported mysteriously to Cephiro again, and discover that only a single piece of Cephiro remains, which holds a castle where the survivors gather to take refuge. With the Pillar gone, Cephiro is, for the most part, defenseless, and the girls are saddened to learn that a new Pillar must be chosen by the Pillar system before the whole planet is destroyed."

In other words yeah, the world is doomed without a pillar but they can get a new one.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Kaasen posted:

Okay, I checked the wikipedia page and it turns out I had mis-remembered the part about Cephiro being doomed. Here's spoilers for the second half of the series:

"The second part of the series deals with the complications caused by Princess Emeraude's death. Set a year later, it opens with the three protagonists struggling with their guilt and despair over their role in her death. Meeting again at Tokyo Tower, they find themselves transported mysteriously to Cephiro again, and discover that only a single piece of Cephiro remains, which holds a castle where the survivors gather to take refuge. With the Pillar gone, Cephiro is, for the most part, defenseless, and the girls are saddened to learn that a new Pillar must be chosen by the Pillar system before the whole planet is destroyed."

In other words yeah, the world is doomed without a pillar but they can get a new one.

What the hell? So everything they did was not just pointless, but actively destructive? Fuckin' Clamp.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

sincx posted:

What the hell? So everything they did was not just pointless, but actively destructive? Fuckin' Clamp.

If they didn't kill the princess there wouldn't have been even that piece left, I guess? It's weird that they need the magic knights to replace the pillar though, woulda thought Clef would be already working on that.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Clef is a lazy piece of poo poo and you know it.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

1/19 UPDATE

Here are the outakes. They are mostly boring except for Zagat's and Ragarfa's Rafarfa's Rafartga's Ragfarfa's Rafarga's

went to suncosta and chatted with randy. he said he knows a guy in japan that could get me the OVAs. spent 3 months of allowance for that so i hope its good. i'll let you all know when it arrives in a week or two.

Ep 40 - Omake (google video beta)

(c) 1997 original website do not steal

Kuvo fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jan 19, 2018

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
In memory of Dr. Felch.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

please rip Great Whirlpool, tia

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

God bless this wonderfully dumb video game. I'm almost sad Zagat had to die now, wish he'd had more lines to add goofy poo poo onto

I hope you weren't joking about uploading rainbow shop song

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
i like that all these actors have normal voices and then were told to like plug their noises

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

melodicwaffle posted:

I hope you weren't joking about uploading rainbow shop song

Poo Poo shoes need to become everyones ring or text tone.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Magic Knight Rayearth: "What? Garbage."

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

I have a lot more respect for Clef's and Rafarga's voice actors now.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

ArchWizard posted:

I have a lot more respect for Clef's and Rafarga's voice actors now.

Magic Knights! Look out, a spider!

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

FeyerbrandX posted:

Poo Poo shoes need to become everyones ring or text tone.

Puu Puu Shoes should have had outtakes too.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

Puu Puu Shoes should have had outtakes too.

for me to puu on

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The perfect way to end this incredibly dumb, lovely game.

NejD
Oct 3, 2013
so if im getting this right, emeralds plan was to call the magic knights so they would come and stop her from destroying the world. When she told zagat that he was like 'but why though, thats dumb. I will protect you' she waits it out while zagat starts destroying stuff and generally being a dick for some reason to try and stop the mage knights, they win because thats how the story works and when they beat zagats giant robotification of jealousy, emerald gets really mad because her plan worked? When shes dead she accepts her fate as the best option and the inhabitants wait for someone else to be the princess.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
"I'm not constipated" - Umi's VA

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
A terrifying window into the dark past when Triumph was relevant.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
I think it's more that (maybe in a moment of lucidity) emerald thinks "I done hosed up" and summons them, and when zagat hears he thinks that's horseshit and semi-locks her up. She was fine with this arrangement up until he gets murdered. Maybe she thought he'd be fine out there? More likely a bit of buyer's remorse.

And of course communication is out of the question in any way because CLAMP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

She set up the deadman's switch the second she realized she was checking out Zagat during his daily brooding and haircare session, but before she'd fallen hopelessly Anime In Love with him.

• Locked thread