Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

i'm crying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

FeyerbrandX posted:

Where is the codec for the download I can't hear the Glorious Nippon or Amazing OST!!!?????

Qotin since it was on the last page and I don't want it overl00ked it is a very important question?

You all are jerks for not helping me the moment I ask questions?

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
honest fax= still better dub than valkie profile pokemon

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
man it's always swords and bows. why don't any of these Japanese high schools have battle axe club or whatnot?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

What you mean you didnt have trebuchet club at your school?
Next youll be saying you never got taught bartitsu

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

man it's always swords and bows. why don't any of these Japanese high schools have battle axe club or whatnot?

Honorabru

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Great club club led to some confusion at first but I think worked out for the best.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Is there a lumberjack anime? You get axes, buff hairy dudes. A lot of outdoors action. You can have the bionic lumberjack with one hand a buzzsaw and the other a chainsaw.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Is there a lumberjack anime? You get axes, buff hairy dudes. A lot of outdoors action. You can have the bionic lumberjack with one hand a buzzsaw and the other a chainsaw.

Not really. I mean there's a Canadian lumberjack fighter in G Gundam but beyond that.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

I can't believe Panzer's dog, Cassie, is more famous than she is. (actually yes I can.)

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Out of curiosity (and because I wanted cover and instruction scans to post later) I looked up this game on ebay to see what it was going for.

:stare:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Looks like a fuckin' bargain to me.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

D_W posted:

I can't believe Panzer's dog, Cassie, is more famous than she is. (actually yes I can.)

She's far more talented

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mega64 posted:

No price is too high for 90s anime.

Devoyniche
Dec 21, 2008
I'm pretty sure somewhere I still have the loving manga of this that I got from Borders when I was like 7 years old. I remember I had the first, red book, but then you had to special order the green and blue ones, and I remember being SO loving PUMPED when they came in, and then I read them once and never again - I dont even remember if I knew what the gently caress was going on in them, I just thought it was cool because they had magic swords or something. This thread is really bringing back memories because I had completely forgotten that this stuff even existed.

Im actually really surprised it was ever as big as it apparently is. If any of the books are as valuable as the game is, Im gonna be pissed because I lent the green one to a friend and I think she lent it to someone else and they did that thing where you bend the book back over itself and it destroys the spine, so the middle third of the book fell out of the binding and I think was gone, last I remember. That poo poo was like a first edition too, it was pre-Tokyopop so it was one of those left-to-right english printings where they just mirrored everything. Why is that one game like 800 dollars that's loving ridiculous.

Devoyniche fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Nov 26, 2016

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Robert Denby posted:

(I wanted cover and instruction scans to post later)

i found the manual underneath ym bed xD

http://segascream.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Magic-Knight-Rayearth-NA.pdf< /a>

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

At least one of those character descriptions was written one handed, and is also 90s as gently caress

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

You're going to love the weapons they get.

edit, to not make this a poo poo post:
Most of CLAMP's books are tied in with another in some way. I already mentioned that Chobits was tied into Angelic Layer, which is actually sort of tied into MKR. AL is based on people getting hyper advanced AI robot dolls, and then playing 3D street fighter with them. Early on the main character of AL has to pick out a name for her doll, which ends up being "Hikaru," after a girl she read about in a manga she liked.

Yeah...

Anora fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Nov 27, 2016

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
We don't want to get into the CLAMPiverse, that's a whole thing.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007

JT Jag posted:

We don't want to get into the CLAMPiverse, that's a whole thing.
I exposed some of the folks in this thread to the horrors of “X: The Movie” so I am well aware we don't want that.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
I like the Clamp doujin where Jotaro and Kakyoin is a couple and Kakyoin lays an egg.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dastardly posted:

I like the Clamp doujin where Jotaro and Kakyoin is a couple and Kakyoin lays an egg.

fyi talking about this is grounds for probation in this thread

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
This is a good LP. Posting for representative democracy in Rayearth

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Mega64 posted:

I thought Panzer Dragoon Saga was bad...

Kaasen
Jun 8, 2011

Have you ever seen
anything so wonderful
in your entire life?

Oh man those translation notes. Imagine the kind of reaction fans would have in 2016 if a localization team decided to remove voice acting from a game and said they'd made an improvement. Whether that's true or not isn't what I'm getting at, I'm trying to say that weebs nowadays have it good compared to the old days of questionable-at-best localization decisions of this kind.

Kaasen fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Nov 27, 2016

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Kaasen posted:

Oh man those translation notes. Imagine the kind of reaction fans would have in 2016 if a localization team decided to remove voice acting from a game and said they'd made an improvement. Whether that's true or not isn't what I'm getting at, I'm trying to say that weebs nowadays have it good compared to the old days of questionable-at-best localization decisions of this kind.

Is this the part where I point out the old pricing structure for anime back in the dark days before the internet?
2-3 episodes per unit, normally ordered out of a catalog at full price or by hitting up Suncoast, also for full price.
Dubbed VHS: $19.99
Subbed VHS: $29.99
Laserdisc: $39.99

High quality films such as these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCbUMEooHhI

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

pointlessone posted:

Is this the part where I point out the old pricing structure for anime back in the dark days before the internet?
2-3 episodes per unit, normally ordered out of a catalog at full price or by hitting up Suncoast, also for full price.
Dubbed VHS: $19.99
Subbed VHS: $29.99
Laserdisc: $39.99

High quality films such as these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCbUMEooHhI

The dub vs sub divide was pretty bad back in the day, because surely only plebs (me :() wouldn't shell out an extra 10 bucks for a VHS with the original glorious Nipponese.

And then everybody only knew one "laserdisc aficionado" who was the sole patron of those sections. Today they buy Monster cables for everything.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

yeah I've seen laserdiscs at the front of the local blockbuster. When did they start selling anime on records

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Don’t forget that y’all need to fill this out once you get the game.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Robert Denby posted:

Don’t forget that y’all need to fill this out once you get the game.

I don't know which is better, the 6-11! rating system or "Ultra-64" as one of the system options.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

I also only play TRUE RPGs.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Mega64 posted:

I don't know which is better, the 6-11! rating system or "Ultra-64" as one of the system options.

Bitch you better not be steppin' to my ULTRA 64!

The_White_Crane fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Nov 27, 2016

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

fuckin CLAMP

Kangra
May 7, 2012

It's interesting to realize that every single noise Mokona makes actually means, "Hey kids, don't forget the postage!"

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Big eyes, long legs, batshit plot elements

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by

Robert Denby posted:

I exposed some of the folks in this thread to the horrors of “X: The Movie” so I am well aware we don't want that.

that was a good anime night

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

11/28 UPDATE

wow acording to my web site control panel ive gotten a huge increase in web trafic lately. im getting more than 200 UNIQUE HITS A DAY! W00T!

had some people email me w/ quetions so its time 4

Rirse posted:

Where is the guest book, Kuvo!

just finished settin one up. u can send me messages tho they have to be small because i think they take up alot of space. also you gotta sign in or something. click here

Suspicious Dish posted:

whoa cool there are sparkles around my mouse <3 <3 :glomp:

how do i do this on my website kuvo

CSS1 just came out and ive been reading about it on BBS. copy paste this into your <head> tag
code:
body
{
    cursor: url(mycursor.gif), pointer;
}
ive only tried it in netscape but i think it works in IE4 too?

Mighty Dicktron posted:

So what do I gotta do to join your webring

u gota join my ANIME NITE club! we have a meeting every monday at 7pdt. watch the guest book for more details

in other news we watched more rayearth. i appreciate that they tried to localized some of the lines for american audiances but dont understand their choices sometimes, like why they translated お握り (Onigiri) into "Taco Pie"

Ep 03 - Taco Pie (google video beta)

(c) 1997 original website do not steal

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Now that the other character on this ad has shown up, here's an actual magazine ad for the VHS release of "Magic Knight Rayearth". Check out those prices!

belief is powe r

$39.95 for seven episodes on VHS, dub only. Adjusted for inflation that's $57.97. And there's some office space for rent at where AnimeWorks (A Division of Media Blasters) used to be.

Got that ad from this site, which has a ton of amazing magazine scans that I've purloined for ANIME NITE extras.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdQiSGb4Luw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

They're all gonna get similarly colored love interests aren't they.

• Locked thread