Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I generally try to avoid going all babymode and turning friendly fire off but holy poo poo it's almost mandatory if you have a buddy using the mace. The AOE on that thing is insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Is there any news when this game is going to be ported over to Xbone and PS4?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I hope the devs didn't abandon this :(

If they managed to add in all the weapons into MP, add in some kind of random map generator/horde mode setting I'd be really happy.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

pubic works project posted:

Is there any news when this game is going to be ported over to Xbone and PS4?

Lmao

They haven't loving made it good on the PC yet, it runs terribly and I can't imagine the fps issues a console would have.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Stanley Pain posted:

I hope the devs didn't abandon this :(

If they managed to add in all the weapons into MP, add in some kind of random map generator/horde mode setting I'd be really happy.

Ask and ye shall receive.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Saw that last night. Put a big smile on my face. Looking forward to getting back into some purging when the beta patch hits. The game is a lot of fun with friends on voice comms + hardest difficulty.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Stanley Pain posted:

Saw that last night. Put a big smile on my face. Looking forward to getting back into some purging when the beta patch hits. The game is a lot of fun with friends on voice comms + hardest difficulty.

Yeah, most of my friends were not taken by the game. And I spend the vast majority of my time on the forums among a sub-group that predominately hangs out in Traditional Games playing Post by Post games from Fantasy Flight's now defunct Warhammer 40k tabletop RPG series.

You'd have thought we'd all have loved it, but the weak campaign story and troublesome AI killed most of their desire to do it multiplayer.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I think this game ended up polarizing a lot of people. Namely due to a lot of people thinking this was going to be a L4D/Vermintide type game instead of actually being a pretty true Space Hulk game. Throw in some pretty bad technical issues during the first week made a lot of people straight up quit the game.

The reason I really enjoyed it was that it really played out like a Space Hulk game, especially on the hardest 2 difficulties.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Werix posted:

Yeah, most of my friends were not taken by the game. And I spend the vast majority of my time on the forums among a sub-group that predominately hangs out in Traditional Games playing Post by Post games from Fantasy Flight's now defunct Warhammer 40k tabletop RPG series.

You'd have thought we'd all have loved it, but the weak campaign story and troublesome AI killed most of their desire to do it multiplayer.

Out of curiosity, I'm running a Dark Heresy 2.0 game and I'd love to see other people's games in action to get a feel for how other people do things, do you have links?

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

xthetenth posted:

Out of curiosity, I'm running a Dark Heresy 2.0 game and I'd love to see other people's games in action to get a feel for how other people do things, do you have links?

The only active dark heresy 2 games are roll20/discord ones. We've got a few Black Crusade games (two of which are mine, one of which has been going for almost 4 years), a Deathwatch, a dark heresy 1.0 and a rogue trader one. I'll provide links this evening when I'm not on mobile.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Stanley Pain posted:

I think this game ended up polarizing a lot of people. Namely due to a lot of people thinking this was going to be a L4D/Vermintide type game instead of actually being a pretty true Space Hulk game. Throw in some pretty bad technical issues during the first week made a lot of people straight up quit the game.

The reason I really enjoyed it was that it really played out like a Space Hulk game, especially on the hardest 2 difficulties.

I just had no idea what the game was going to be. I remember tweeting the devs asking "Yo is this going to be like a mission-based co-op in the vein of L4D/Vermintide/Payday, or is it going to be a base single-player type linear campaign that your friends can join?" In return, they sent me a message along the lines of "Wait and see ;)." And I was like "No really, about four purchases depend on us knowing how the hell the game is supposed to work."

I still don't know how the co-op is supposed to work.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
It's a slower paced left4dead with no randomized items / objectives.

The difference is it's a lot more satisfying to mow down hordes of enemies.

Flip a coin if you'll like it, I enjoyed the hell out of it. There should be a new content patch coming out soonish that should improve it so if you are seriously still considering it I'd wait for that.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

mrchinchin25 posted:

Re: SSD (sorry!) chat I've been using a semi-decent laptop this holiday rather than my usual desktop, and the main difference is it has an SSD in it whereas my desktop has an SSD for the OS only.

The difference is night and day - to the extent I'm going to have to bung a large-ish SSD into my desktop as soon as I can and start transferring 'slow' and 'large' games onto it.

I just built a new computer with a 500GB SSD system hard drive. Haven't installed any games on it yet, but I'm tempted. The difference, indeed, is like day and night - brand new Windows ionstall, a beefy processor, and an SSD? I've had farts that lasted longer than the bootup sequence on this thing.

Lazer Monkey
Jan 15, 2005

Pretty fun but it gets artificially tense because of derpy ally AI, having to micromanage your squadmates, especially the medic during intense combat is a constant hassle.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Saw this is on sale in the Humble Store for 33% off. Have the recent patches cleared up a lot of the performance issues?

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Talkc posted:

Saw this is on sale in the Humble Store for 33% off. Have the recent patches cleared up a lot of the performance issues?

Reports says 'not really' with a side of 'it depends'. Brace yourself for someone telling you the performance is perfectly fine it you stuff another $500 worth of upgrades in your system for a game that doesn't really reflect the need for those upgrades.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!

Mendrian posted:

Reports says 'not really' with a side of 'it depends'. Brace yourself for someone telling you the performance is perfectly fine it you stuff another $500 worth of upgrades in your system for a game that doesn't really reflect the need for those upgrades.

Well my rig is a bit overblown so im not worried on my end, but i have friends with pcs that are "reasonable" and it might be an issue for them.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
I have a "reasonable" computer and I can and always have been able to max the game out. YMMV.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
So im pulling the trigger on this, i watched a youtube archive of Zoran the Bear playing it, and god drat its the most 40k game ive ever seen. Makes me want to crush genestealers with my POWER MACE.

Looks like a methodical slow L4d, in all the good ways.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
Honestly, I'd enjoy the SP campaign more if I could swap perspective to my sidekicks. Once in a while I just want to use an assault cannon without crippling my ability to kill distant ranged fuckers.

Azuren
Jul 15, 2001

I just got this and it looks like the bugs/performance issues have been patched out, thankfully... I'm trying to play through on no mercy difficulty and it's actually hard like the boardgame... gently caress up and you're dead. What are some good loadouts for your squad on the hardest difficulty? Assault cannon seems too innacurate at range, can't decide what to put on the assault marine... heard thunderhammer is good eventually, for now (I'm on the second mission) I can't decide between lightning claws/storm bolter/assault cannon. Also, anyone ever still play coop for this? Would be fun.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

I'd be willing to give it a shake sometime. I've still got it installed on steam. Same alias, same profile pic.

unpurposed
Apr 22, 2008
:dukedog:

Fun Shoe
Same, I'd be interested in playing sometime. PST here. Steam same name as here.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I'd be up for some coop sometime.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/hexenritter/

Azuren
Jul 15, 2001

Added you guys, maybe we can get a game going next Wednesday or Thursday? Any time afternoon/early evening are good for me, I'm in mountain time. How does the game play on no mercy/friendly fire on/codex rules? Never tried the MP but that seems the most authentic.

Finished the campaign yesterday, last mission was brutal... I found the key to no mercy difficulty was spamming the poo poo out of the psi powers, that warp vortex spell is insane.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Got three of you in my Space Hulk Friends list on steam, new patch hit- I'll go out of my way to get a game going sometime soon. Got distracted by the Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup Tournament - forgot all about this.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
I'll have to reinstall this and knock the rust off.

I recall I usually left the Apothecary on the default Storm Bolter, because he loses the ability to heal if he switches.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Rockopolis posted:

I'll have to reinstall this and knock the rust off.

I recall I usually left the Apothecary on the default Storm Bolter, because he loses the ability to heal if he switches.

makes sense, kind of hard to heal without the Narthecium

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
That's why they need an Imperial Fists DLC, where instead of needing a Narthecum the medic heals you by calling you a wimp and telling you to suck it up.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
New beta patch seems to be working well.

Add me http://steamcommunity.com/id/stanleypain if you want to play this later tonight or something.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Is this game not poo poo yet?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I guess it depends on what made it "poo poo" for you. It's still the same game it was but with more weapons/skill choices for classes. If you didn't like the core gameplay I doubt you'd enjoy it now.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Lack of actual objectives and things to do on the huge maps and brain dead squad AI are my biggest complaints probably.

Performance was really spotty too.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Deakul posted:

Lmao

They haven't loving made it good on the PC yet, it runs terribly and I can't imagine the fps issues a console would have.

Lol look dude I don't give a fuuuuuuuuuckkkkkk! I just want to put on some Tactical Dreadnought Armour and gently caress some poo poo up!

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

First up, there is in-game text chat, I think it's bound to "y" iirc. I bring this up because it's not loving listed in the keybindings, and running the game silent is an exercise in insanity.

Second up, voice chat isn't included in the game. Out of laziness, I set up a quick discord group. Here's a permanent link: https://discord.gg/E79FpG7. I recommend downloading the app (because the web version doesn't really play well with full-screen games). If you prefer Teamspeak or something, speak up. I'm just going the path of least :effort:

Third, even if you don't have a mic, drop into discord (web version is fine) for the text channel. I find it helpful for getting things started. https://discord.gg/E79FpG7

Finally, patch notes:

Update 6 posted:

Today's patch focuses on additional gameplay variety, as well as fully introducing the Special Missions mode to singleplayer and multiplayer.

Special Missions bring a new level of uncertainty for even the most hardened Terminator squads. Starting a chapter will generate a randomised sequence of missions and Genestealer spawns for a truly unpredictable challenge.

Here are today's patch notes:

Additions:

Full Special Missions feature released in both single and multiplayer
All 7 chapters playable.
All the content can be accessed in single-player (from the main menu) and multiplayer (through a lobby).
You unlock the special missions in singleplayer after completing the chapter in the solo campaign. For example if your most advanced save is in chapter 7, you will have access to single-player special missions from Chapter 1 to 6.
If you no longer have your save file or haven’t finished the campaign, but would like to try the new game modes in singleplayer, you'll find HERE[steamcommunity.com] a file unlocking all special missions. Put the file in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\SpaceHulkGame\Saved\SaveGames
New Multiplayer Skills
Proximity Mine
Places an explosive proximity mine.
Heavy Weapon Skill
Skull Drone
Summons a combat drone to temporarily fight at your side.
Tactic Skill
Frenzy
Briefly increases your melee attack speed.
Assault Skill
Fire Storm
Briefly increases your weapon's rate of fire.
Heavy Weapon Skill
Gameplay Tweaks
The limitation on classes in multiplayer has now been removed.
Shortcuts for orders have been enabled in multiplayer.
It is now possible to go back to main menu during the score screen of a multiplayer game.
Holding shift when out of endurance no longer drains your endurance.
Bugfixes:
Multiple AI navigation fixes
Multiple localization fixes
Fixed some issues with collisions
Fixed a rare issue with LoD
When joining an already in-progress multiplayer game, you should no longer see the partially loaded chapter for a few seconds (it can still happen on some low end hardware).
Broodlords should no longer have a pathfinding issue causing them to fly to their destination.
Fixed Belial saying a random line at the end of a Special Mission
Fixed a bug where the first dialogue of a chapter would play when opening the armory in the bridgehead
The language of the logs and objectives during a multiplayer game is now based on your own settings rather than those of the host.
Fixed an issue that caused the logs to not be properly displayed in multiplayer.
Motion blur is now working properly for all hardware.
Fixed many issues when joining a game where all the others players were dead. This includes graphical glitches resolutions, overlapping menus and a possible block.
Fixed an issue where a widget would appear repeatedly.
Fixed a block at the end of chapter 6 where a player was teleported inside the last room at the end of a multiplayer game.
A few rare random crashes have been resolved.
Fixed GUI issues during certain objectives when joining a multiplayer game.
Fixed a possible overlap with the armory HUD in a multiplayer game or when spectating through the death camera.
Fixed a couple of minor issues in Chapter 1 Special Missions.

Known Issues:
Rare DirectX crash
If you try to join a full server, you will be connected to a different one with an available spot instead.
It is possible for the inventory menu in multiplayer to overlap with the game and create an unplayable state.
It is possible that guests cannot open their inventory menu in multiplayer game.
When an objective is finished in multiplayer, it might stop the current action of a guest player.
Relics are not currently acknowledged on the score screen for guests in multiplayer game.
In multiplayer, if a Librarian equips a powerfist, you will see a small gap in his arm

LordSloth fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jun 14, 2017

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Huh. If I can actually select missions now I may actually play some more. Cool.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Cool, now to somehow convince the poor bastards on my friend's list with this game to install again.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

ChickenHeart posted:

Cool, now to somehow convince the poor bastards on my friend's list with this game to install again.

Yeah. I burned a lot of bridges with friends (rabid 40k fans none the less) when I talked a bunch of them into buying this game around launch and they were Horribly disappointed. I've been trying to talk some of them into giving it another try now that it is patched, but not much luck.

An important lesson that your game has to be near right at launch, because often times you only get one shot and first impressions matter.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Got a couple games in with LordSloth last night. Burning genestealers are so pretty. Can't wait for a full goon team.

The new multiplayer mode, where you select a preexisting map and the game gives you random objectives one after the other is nice for adding a little variety.
The game totally needs a roguelike style random hulk generator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Glad to hear a lot of the bugs are fixed, I'm down to play with some goons for sure.

• Locked thread