Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alnilam

Skelton Vineyards - Bone-dry attack, light body with clanky notes, finishes with hints of marrow and sage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

Cherry notes in a dark melody with salty, tear-like finish. Pairs great with breakups.

ty manifisto

alnilam

F'taghn Winery Cabernet Sauvignon 2014 - All who have tasted it have looked at the very face of madness, and can no longer speak. Said to have a bitter finish. [96 on Wine Enthusiast - Editor's Choice]

ty manifisto

FactsAreUseless

[sipping slowly] This wine? This is a '97 Cabernet Sauvignon, from a small Bordeaux vineyard. There are hints of coffee, black cherry, a gentle woodiness, and your brother's cock. [setting the glass down] Yes, that's right. You heard me. You loving heard me! Fifteen years, Stephen. Fifteen long, cold years. Tell me again how important your work is. Go on. Say it! Tell me how I should wait for you night after night after night with a glass of your expensive wine in my hand in this empty house. Did you think the Cabernet was worth it, Stephen? [throws the glass across the room, where it shatters] Did you? Mark cared about me. Mark made me feel like a woman again, a real woman! Oh, what are you going to do? Is that your gun, important man? Are you going to shoot me in the heart? Go on, then! Do it! Pull the trigger! Show me something still beats in my chest! Stephen! Pull the god drat tri--

[at this point, the speaker is ejected from the 2016 Junior Oregon Sommeliers Competition]

joke_explainer

Piquant notes of elderberry, hickory, with a fiery finish of 91 octane exxon-mobíl.

vanisher

I like my girls like I like my wine. Rich, dry, well-balanced, strong and full-bodied with a deep ruby red color. A deep cedar and blackcurrant flavor with intense fruit and mellow tannins with just a hint of vanilla oak.

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

joke_explainer

A rich dry wine. Well-balanced, strong and full-bodied with a deep onyx black color. Coats the inside of your mouth completely, coursing into your stomach. You can feel it spreading through your whole body, an acrid, piercing burn instantly affecting your cognition as your body struggles to hold onto reality. Deep hallucinations descend on you as your liver is destroyed and ammonia rushes through your bloodstream. [89 on Wine Enthusiast]

joke_explainer

vanisher posted:

I like my girls like I like my wine. Rich, dry, well-balanced, strong and full-bodied with a deep ruby red color. A deep cedar and blackcurrant flavor with intense fruit and mellow tannins with just a hint of vanilla oak.

What I love about this is that you clearly googled 'wine description' just like me :awesomelon:

vanisher

joke_explainer posted:

What I love about this is that you clearly googled 'wine description' just like me :awesomelon:

doxxed but I deserved it

e: also kind of funny (high five lazy comedy buddy)

vanisher fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Nov 26, 2016

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

alnilam

Starts out with strong flavors of vitreous humour and oak notes, well-balanced, aqueous finish that will leave you with +2 visual acuity for 2d6 rounds.

ty manifisto

FutonForensic

*sip* IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE YOUR UNCLE AGAIN, LEAVE $250,000 IN CASH BY THE BUS STOP ON PEACHTREE AVE.

oh my god... this wine has notes of ransom

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

FutonForensic posted:

*sip* IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE YOUR UNCLE AGAIN, LEAVE $250,000 IN CASH BY THE BUS STOP ON PEACHTREE AVE.

oh my god... this wine has notes of ransom

symbolic

an incredibly sweet yet lacking taste, completely devoid of any bitterness yet reminiscent of something and filled with nostalgia, Welch's Grape Juice also comes in a family-size container now. buy one, get one free!

Plebian Parasite

It comes in strong with a very starbright cyanide flavor, which segues nicely into a melody of earthy arsenic. [removes blindfold and realize someone has switched my Chateau Montverde '95 with a frothing green test tube]

Farecoal

There he go
this wine tastes like loving garbage

Im Ready for DEATH

Farecoal posted:

this wine tastes like loving garbage

You're too kind.

bean mom

this wine is made from potatoes. It is clear and significantly stronger than grape-based wine preparations.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

free Trapt CD

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
hmm... the first thing this drop reminds me of is.. green. the color of envy. then i get subtle notes of secret meetings at the marina... a hint of gunpowder, and finishing notes of... blood.
...they say revenge is a dish best served cold, like this fine red wine you've shared with us. but if you were half the sommelier you claim to be, you'd have known that red wine is best served at room temperature, and never on a boat, which leads me to believe that you, sir, are no sommelier - you are a murderer.

free Trapt CD fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Nov 26, 2016

~sig~

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

warm, subtly sweet notes of pear and lemon vibrancy meld with oaky smoothness and the smokiness of despair. the palate feels the groan of humanity under the weight of its full-bodied sin; this marrow-boned hedonism in which we feel compelled to participate, sweating and heaving with the rhythm of an afternoon forest in autumn, with a quietly sweet cedar and apple finish. beringer is making some weird stuff these days.

Im Ready for DEATH

This here's fetid garbage water. 0 proof, it'll sicken you for drat sure. You'll gag and retch the moment you catch a whiff of this awful death piss. I pretty much live on it.

Historical Wizards

*sip* Yup, that's wine alright

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

Historical Wizards

At first it was like a high pitched wail punctuated with complaints, but then it gradually weakened into a soft whimper.

Farecoal

There he go

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

This here's fetid garbage water. 0 proof, it'll sicken you for drat sure. You'll gag and retch the moment you catch a whiff of this awful death piss. I pretty much live on it.

finally something good! Bring three bottles!

Android Blues

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Urodov

*sniff*
A metallic bouquet.

*sip*
Sand dry and smoky.
Yet it seems somehow... radiant.

No, radioactive.
Perhaps even mutagenic.

With notes of apocalypse...

Ah, of course!
Vintage 2038, from the undifferentiable expanse of the Charred Waste.

Ãèáåëü â ìîðñêîé âîëíå,                                                                                                спасибо, Слагнойд-кун!
èëè ñâîáîäó

social vegan

the sip unravels itself with a lush blanket of unfair treatment. Poking through this elaborate atmosphere, you sense hints of insisting your parents like your sister more than you. As the aroma hits your nose, the deep notes of not understanding why your mom won't buy you pokemon moon set in. Finally, the flavours cascade to a dry finish of insisting everyone else at school has pokemon moon.

social vegan

The whole experience finishes intensely bitter. On second thought, maybe I do want cheese with this wine, mom

Senior Management

Proceeds to spend way to much time being a wine enthusiast during communion. A line is building up but I detect subtle notes of pear.

:jerry:

Farecoal

There he go
im picking up some subtle notes of jesus

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

social vegan posted:

the sip unravels itself with a lush blanket of unfair treatment. Poking through this elaborate atmosphere, you sense hints of insisting your parents like your sister more than you. As the aroma hits your nose, the deep notes of not understanding why your mom won't buy you pokemon moon set in. Finally, the flavours cascade to a dry finish of insisting everyone else at school has pokemon moon.

social vegan posted:

The whole experience finishes intensely bitter. On second thought, maybe I do want cheese with this wine, mom

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

palliative but disrespectful with a carbonated resin finish.

Plebian Parasite

fed up with sommeliers, the vintner pours a 50 gallon drum of Tang into this years vintage

Robot Made of Meat

GWM seeks FWB with subtle fruity undertones. Prefer slight nutty aroma with lingering notes of musk.

Please don't mention my tawny nose.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

social vegan

Ya it's been aged 5 weeks for an open gatorade bottle...somewhere...around here...hm

Ultra Spoot

*sipping wine at a classy party* "This tastes like old- rear end grapes and piss water." *everyone scowls, starts pulling out switchblades and brass knuckles and walking toward me ominously* "uh, i mean, notes of old- rear end grape and some kind of olive poo poo dancing on my palate. A subtle hint of piss- swill water from the earthy banks of the mississippi." *everyone nods and backs away*

bean mom

social vegan posted:

----------------

bean mom

at first taste it is tart...notes of lemonpeel, up. childhood, up. sitting around a beach, up. the lime hits the palate now, up. Higher, it runs along my tongue, up. Up again!

something is missing yet still...

throw it out boys its a bad batch

----------------

social vegan

*sniffs* I'm getting a strong aroma of weed let's just uh hmmm, hm, it runs through my fingers like weed too and just one last...*coughs* hmm hm yes it has this almost entirely smoky mouthfeel and oh my, oh my, well, I'd say it tastes just like weed *continues to orate to empty apartment*

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

FactsAreUseless posted:

[sipping slowly] This wine? This is a '97 Cabernet Sauvignon, from a small Bordeaux vineyard. There are hints of coffee, black cherry, a gentle woodiness, and your brother's cock. [setting the glass down] Yes, that's right. You heard me. You loving heard me! Fifteen years, Stephen. Fifteen long, cold years. Tell me again how important your work is. Go on. Say it! Tell me how I should wait for you night after night after night with a glass of your expensive wine in my hand in this empty house. Did you think the Cabernet was worth it, Stephen? [throws the glass across the room, where it shatters] Did you? Mark cared about me. Mark made me feel like a woman again, a real woman! Oh, what are you going to do? Is that your gun, important man? Are you going to shoot me in the heart? Go on, then! Do it! Pull the trigger! Show me something still beats in my chest! Stephen! Pull the god drat tri--

[at this point, the speaker is ejected from the 2016 Junior Oregon Sommeliers Competition]

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
14.5%

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread