Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bone
Feb 15, 2007

We're boned.
So I'm trying to decide which class to burn, and I've narrowed it down to the following criteria:

-Resistance, Hero, or Cygnus Knight group (for Cash Shop reasons :v:)
-Good for bossing
-Decent group utility
-Good mobility
-Fun/flashy

I'm not to familiar with a lot of the classes these days, does anything out there sound like it would work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bone
Feb 15, 2007

We're boned.

Silento posted:

Resistance:
Mech - Kinda bad mobility? I like it but it feels a bit clunky
WH - I've never played one so I can't really say, but they get Sharp Eyes!
Blaster - Really fun and flashy and very mobile, dunno if you'll be able to burn it though. Again, it's likely Nexon hosed up the notes but can't say for certain!
Battle Mage - My favorite class! Has a grim reaper familiar that comes out and does a big scythe swing proc every few monster kills/boss hits. Gets a rainbow scythe version of the reaper as their normal attack while their 5th job version is on! Also their aura buffs are good in groups, but you can only have one affecting you at a time even if there are multiple BaMs in the party.
Demon Slayer - It's cool, their 5th job skills is especially flashy. Very mobile, no party utility tho I think?
Demon Avenger - Also cool, same mobility as Slayer, 5th job skill involves bleeding toxic blood on everything lol

Heroes:
Aran - Strong, very flashy, can fly across maps both vertical and horizontal if they use their momentum right.
Evan - Super strong, very unique playstyle, dunno much, never played one
Merc - I don't like Archers.
Luminous - Now has the KMS Light/Dark Gauge! I'm not a fan of their aesthetic and apparently their new teleport is kinda clunky. Oh well!
Phantom - Not particularly mobile I think? Can use any Explorer 1st-4th job party buff, including Holy Symbol, Sharp Eyes, Speed Infusion, Advanced Bless, whatever!
Shade - Not sure how mobile, but can pull monsters towards himself! He has nice and colorful skills. I'm making one for my V Diary!

Cygnus:
Dawn Warrior - Cool stance-switching mechanic, flashy. All CKs (except Mihile :C) get the same style of Flash Jump, which can be used both laterally and vertically
Blaze Wizard - Not Good if you don't have low ping and/or aren't a hacker. It's cool otherwise tho!
Wind Archer - I don't like Archers.
Night Walker - Throws stars that make bats bounce between enemies. Has edgy darkness theme. Can Flash Jump twice without landing (otherwise same as other CK FJs)
Thunder Breaker - Is basically required to animation cancel their moves into each other because if you just use one move you'll attack really slow. There's no timing involved though and it's really fun! Doesn't throw sharks anymore though, now it just punches with them.
Mihile - The Dark Souls of Maplestory. Has an active block skill that triggers a buff and a strong counterattack if you successfully block attacks with it consecutively. It's really fun if you're good at blocking, but it might be hard with high ping? Also it has a worse FJ than other CKs; it only goes horizontally and can't be aimed upwards.

I'd REALLY like servers to go up so I can justify not spending 10 minutes writing forum psots!

Thanks for the writeup! I'm pretty torn between Evan and Battle Mage. I might be overthinking it but I don't want to commit my burning to the wrong character :ohdear:

• Locked thread