Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
How do you guys map your keyboard when you have a character with a ton of skills?

I'm doing Blaster right now and there's a sort of 'rhythm' with the button presses and the variety of skills involved. then theres the whole HP/MP potion keys I have to tag too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Silento posted:

Their block/parry mechanic is v. cool, I'm sure I've told you this in the past!

It sounds cool on paper but In practice it is kinda boring. You have to artificially time your blocking to account for lag and weird enemy positioning.

So totally weird gripe, but I'm sort of tired of these weird mobbing skills. Wind Archer has this controllable AOE storm thing. Adventure thief dude has this weird ninja storm thing where two shadow dudes hit enemies all in an area as long as you hold the key down. Both those classes have directional attacks in their jobs, but those never seem as efficient as damage-blob. As a result, gameplay between those two classes is exactly the same. Just different skill names and numbers. But also I'm playing maplestory so the joke is on me

blaster is still fun tho, even if I'm just mashing keys in random patterns.

• Locked thread