Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
I picked this back up in November assuming that the 5th job stuff would be happening in December and even then, when nobody was playing, there was always a noticeable amount of lag. Nothing that made it unplayable, but skills would take a second to activate here and there. Ever since the last patch, though, it's been complete garbage. The most egregious example was when Frozen Orb, which needs server confirmation for each hit, would just glide right past every enemy and not hit once. I bounced off the game again immediately after that because if Nexon isn't going to pay the server costs to make it a smooth experience with a normal population and slightly shaky with high then I'm not going to bother either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Silento posted:

The frozen orb thing has happened to me before and I fixed it by restarting comp. Try that if you want. If you're on W10 you have to do like a full restart or something, idk.

It happened to me last year even after a restart (it was the reason I bounced off last time, actually :v:) but the numerous other issues like potion lag made it seemed like a pretty good time to stop regardless.

maou shoujo posted:

Have you tried channel surfing? I've noticed that lag can vary from unplayable to nonexistent depending on what channel you go to. Channel 4 of Reboot is particularly bad, and it gave me a bad impression at first because I used to always go to Ch 4 first out of habit.

I had tried a few channels, all of them seemed pretty bad. Especially considering I was playing on Scania, where unless you're on channel 1 it's pretty low population.

• Locked thread