Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

mousetrench posted:

Is Stav the guy who does most of the impressions and singing?

That's Nick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Nick is the funny one. Stav is the fat one. Adam is the one who sounds like he's dying whenever he tries to laugh (commonplace amongst the Jewish populace)

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the "greek anthem" in the latest episode had me howling

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
https://twitter.com/AdamFriedland/status/827324915443494914

what an excellent song

yoober
Nov 21, 2010

so nick got banned again?
https://twitter.com/eminemobama/status/828301011269931008

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

lol

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Yeah gay

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

lol

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Nick's impression of a Chinese Jew lmao

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Free Nick

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmVpM3_jMzg

yoober
Nov 21, 2010

now instagram disabled stav's account

why wont someone stand up for the content creators

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

yoober posted:

now instagram disabled stav's account

why wont someone stand up for the body-positive men redefining male beauty
ftfy

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lmao

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008

Cum Town is a very good podcast

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Last two episodes have both been very good

mousetrench
Apr 3, 2008

We need to paint inspirational murals in urban areas.
They got one here of a hotdog stabbin Ghandi while he's sittin on the toilet cryin.
It says "may ur dreams soar forever...."
[Still catching up]

I've gathered it's one of the least popular episodes, but the whole David Cross thing was hilarious to me.

Jimmy Norton's appearance (plus Nick's appearances on J & S) was disappointing, considering I love Jim on the radio. He doesn't seem to mesh with Nick at all.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

mousetrench posted:

[Still catching up]

I've gathered it's one of the least popular episodes, but the whole David Cross thing was hilarious to me.

Jimmy Norton's appearance (plus Nick's appearances on J & S) was disappointing, considering I love Jim on the radio. He doesn't seem to mesh with Nick at all.

Jim always seems weird with Nick. On a recent Jim and Sam Jim seemed to just be kind of ignoring nick the whole way through and never really expanded on jokes nick would introduce.

Screama
Nov 25, 2007
Yes, I am very cereal.
I lost it at the whole bit where Nick sang the Wallace and Gromit theme while talking about the dick sucking robo-pants

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

my man over here gently caress Wallace and Gromit

he know

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

loving died at the raw dogs comment where they all "howl and wolf" and sneak in "hey mom I need 375 because I did to many Tim Allen grunts".

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
holy poo poo i just started listening to this podcast a few days ago and its the best, even though sometimes i feel like it should be called "3 Jackoffs Jackin' Off"

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

"these guys get addicted to opioids because they hurt their backs moving their nazi memorabilia"

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I'm going through old eps and lol at Nick calling Hidden Figures "Showtime at the Apollo 13"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Puppy Galaxy posted:

I'm going through old eps and lol at Nick calling Hidden Figures "Showtime at the Apollo 13"

I've just started listening to the show, and I'm enjoying it more the more I listen to it. I think it was Nick who said "Al Jolson died of shoe-polish cancer". He's a funny guy. :newlol:

red19fire
May 26, 2010

The_Rob posted:

Jim always seems weird with Nick. On a recent Jim and Sam Jim seemed to just be kind of ignoring nick the whole way through and never really expanded on jokes nick would introduce.

Nick addressed it on one of the free Cum Town eps around that time. Jim doesn't think Nick is funny, but begrudgingly let him work on his VICE show and be on his radio show because other comics vouched for his talent.

Jimmy tries to subtly bury younger comics that are funnier than him out of jealousy or something like that. He's also more radio host than comedian now, doesn't watch other comedians' specials or keep up with anything, or really tune into the community unless they're on his radio show.

VV yeah, his last 3 consecutive specials have jokes about getting peed on by transsexual prostitutes.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Feb 18, 2017

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
get this one, guys

i like to GET STEPPED ON by WHORES

jim norton is a relic from the school of "raunchy comedy" and he needs to go away

rock the grandma
Nov 13, 2009
this would be a good rear end new intro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBmoQSHfO2U

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

i dont even need to click to know thats the new neil song

nah

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
Seth Dickfield is the best character and it makes me so happy when he takes offense to something

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

LentThem posted:

Seth Dickfield is the best character and it makes me so happy when he takes offense to something

:agreed: I'm glad his death didn't really stick.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

How did the Anthony Cumia Studios joke get started? Have they always recorded in the Park Slope Mansion IRL? Did Nick really live with a Chinese family when he started the podcast or had he been living with Amber and Felix at the time?

I think someone itt compared this show to uhh yeah dude. What are the best episodes of that?

Pomplamoose fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Feb 21, 2017

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

They recorded at Adam or Stav's bullshit marketing/internet company job for a while. I'm not sure of the exact timeline of when Nick moved into the Park Slope Mansion.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

How did the Anthony Cumia Studios joke get started? Have they always recorded in the Park Slope Mansion IRL? Did Nick really live with a Chinese family when he started the podcast or had he been living with Amber and Felix at the time?

I think someone itt compared this show to uhh yeah dude. What are the best episodes of that?

I think if you go in expecting UYD to be like cum town you might be disappointed, depending what youre looking for, theyre both shows where guys just talk about whatever and are funny but the tone is very different

Anyway though UYD has been around for 11 years and theres a million episodes of pretty consistent quality, so you can basically jump in anywhere, except id recommend against the live shows since the quality is worse and the audience can be annoying

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
the best part of the show is any time they do impressions

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
cumboys have some east-coast harshness in the way they talk and stories they tell, UYD is more like some relaxed SoCal guys

kidsam
Aug 12, 2007

YES
The similarities with UYD are especially true of the earlier years when the hosts were similar ages to the cum town boys.

Like manyak said it's all consistent and just guys talking funny poo poo but after 11 years of podcasting it means there's not as much vaguely racist anecdotes and they stopped saying any kind of 'problematic' terms probably because Seth had to deal with all the fallout of it on their phoneline. Also both the UYD guys are in their 40's or approaching it, so the tone of funny youngish guys saying vaguely offensive things in a funny way is truer of the first half of the catelogue. If you're into funny poo poo UYD rules but if you're paying nazi tier pricing it might not seem so similar to cum town.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I think I was the guy that compared them but that was a quality thing, not a tone thing. I'd recommend UYD to anyone but not as West Coast Cum Town.

kidsam
Aug 12, 2007

YES
yeah I doubt any of them are in this forum but this podcast has some pretty insane fans who would probably hate uyd.

I do like to imagine what cum town would become if they lasted 10 more years like uyd though (no way is that gunna happen). They've already repeated some stories three times between premium and normal eps and it hasn't even been one year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

I'm not expecting UYD to be exactly like cum town, I'm just looking for a good starting place, especially if their earlier material is better overall. Like if it was the simpsons people would say "seasons 3 through 10" what's a general range, or better yet specific episodes worth listening to?

• Locked thread