Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

BBJoey posted:

yo which episode is it where they do the bi where nick threatens the bank to not give stav any money. that poo poo was real funny but i forget where it was.

ep 30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uklQOwygUiE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
nick's cool

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Nick is incredible. Read the full twitter thread
https://twitter.com/erikaheidewald/status/841126767356129280

Dramatic reading of the transcript
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lZnhrGbOkQ&t=770s

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I don't get it, she's mad he pretended to be a disabled woman to gently caress with weirdos but she's allowed to pretend to be an activist when she uploads videos of herself calling her representatives? Fuckin double standards man. This is just like The Dark Knight.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I don't get it, she's mad he pretended to be a disabled woman to gently caress with weirdos but she's allowed to pretend to be an activist when she uploads videos of herself calling her representatives? Fuckin double standards man. This is just like The Dark Knight.

yeah, you think that story will end with '...so he's not such a bad guy after all' but instead it's 'yes he did a good thing by catching a serial sex criminal red handed, but the way he did it is bad.'

But of course an LA improv comedian/actor/youtuber wouldn't know comedy if it bit her in the rear end. This is a problematic & misogynist statement, along with not liking Girls or Ghostbusters (2016).

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

who the gently caress is this person and why/when did she block me

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Breadallelogram posted:

lol it must be a block on anyone who follows Nick or something because i don't even post on twitter let alone at her

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Breadallelogram posted:

Probably a block bot for people who follow the Cum Town/Chapo people. I'm blocked by Dady Soyle despite never interacting with her, and lol turns out I'm blocked by this person too

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

i remember when nick posted about this on facebook it was rly funny then and rly funny now

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007
If you read her thread, it sounds like a bunch of women privately told stories about some guy sexually harassing a bunch of women in the LA improv scene so Nick was proactive about it and got the guy "taken down" (ruined his career? idk) without forcing anyone to go public and retraumatizing them.

Also unlike every other person who's blocked me despite never having interacted with me I've literally never heard of this Erika person before. I mean I still don't know who Kath Barbadoro is or what she does but at least I heard her on Chapo.

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
i am way behind on episodes but i really enjoyed the bit where he's talking about an autistic girl he 'dated' a few times; he really nailed the autistic voice

"you know, it's weird that you're a comedian because you aren't very funny"

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear

quote:

I say this as a former ironybro myself. I was raised on the teat of Something Awful, through which I started engaging in my own ironic racism and sexism which metastatized into actual racism and sexism. My politics curdled from left to right. It is not harmless shitposting.

As Nick once said about Cockfield's former nazi past: "Alot of us didn't have to go through that transformation, Seth"

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Does Nick troll liberals? :confused:

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Nick is Batman.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

She is mad that (men, obv) didn't take their stories at face value? Did they actually name\shame this guy?

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007

incoherent posted:

She is mad that (men, obv) didn't take their stories at face value? Did they actually name\shame this guy?

It reads like they named him but the part about wanting proof I'm guessing means they were vague about what he did.

I totally understand wanting to avoid forcing people to be publicly explicit about traumatic poo poo but pulling some "the means don't justify the ends" poo poo to make Nick look like the bad guy for saving them all from having to do that is really disingenuous.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

lol

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Shoutout to the guys peepin on the naked neighbors and making amber complicit.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/842553981725491200

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Driver's licenses are some funny poo poo.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

that lady is really smart and probably has a very lucrative writing career

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Does anyone have a link to the audio of deaf Robert De Niro?

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Mother superior drink my cum/mother superior drink my cum

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Does episode 20 (I think) deliberately end in the middle of a sentence?

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
nick mullen is a piece of poo poo, he once saved a woman from being killed by a bus, but he also thought it was okay to put his hands on her to shove her out the way. so.... thats your hero?

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

nick mullen is a piece of poo poo, he once saved a woman from being killed by a bus, but he also thought it was okay to put his hands on her to shove her out the way. so.... thats your hero?

--What Twitter Feminists Actually Believe

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Cael posted:

I mean, what one hilarious idiot does at least

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Cael posted:

WOMEN, AM I RITE???

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Dinosaurs! posted:

WOMEN, AM I RITE???

are you one of those wacky people that are like "men can't be feminists. please call yourself an ally and self crit"

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Under the vegetable posted:

are you one of those wacky people that are like "men can't be feminists. please call yourself an ally and self crit"

are you a feminist

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
yes

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
cool me too

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
hot take: equal rights are pretty cool all things considered.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Under the vegetable posted:

I don't spend a lot of time on Twitter. What's "ally" in this context? And self crit = kill yourself?

I believe men can support feminism and if some want to call themselves feminists then ya sure.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Dinosaurs! posted:

I don't spend a lot of time on Twitter. What's "ally" in this context? And self crit = kill yourself?

I'm not sure how or where you negotiate it, but apparently you can form alliances with women. Maybe it's all women, or maybe it's just specific women. Or factions of women. Not sure.

Self-criticism:

Under some systems of communism, party members who had fallen out of favour with the nomenklatura were sometimes forced to undergo "self-criticism" sessions, producing either written or verbal statements detailing their ideological errors and affirming their renewed belief in the Party line. Self-criticism, however, did not guarantee political rehabilitation, and often offenders were still expelled from the Party, or in some cases even executed.

In the Soviet Union, "criticism and self-criticism" were known as kritika i samokritika (Russian: критика и самокритика).

In the People's Republic of China, self-criticism—called ziwo pipan (自我批判) or jiǎntǎo (检讨)—is an important part of Maoist practice. Mandatory self-criticism as a part of political rehabilitation or prior to execution—common under Mao, ended by Deng Xiaoping, and partially revived by Xi Jinping—is known as a struggle session, in reference to class struggle.

prefect fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Mar 19, 2017

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

Cael posted:

nah, it's actually just a fun little parody of one person's critique of nick's actions, sorry that you're dumb

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
You know who sucks? Tim Allen, that's who.

https://twitter.com/LauraJSilverman/status/843564529824882692

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

oh a coke dealer who spends his life screaming about how everyone but him is a pussy who's killing america is an abusive shithead? Weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
Tim Allen is a veteran, please do not besmirch him in this manner

• Locked thread