Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

How did the Anthony Cumia Studios joke get started? Have they always recorded in the Park Slope Mansion IRL? Did Nick really live with a Chinese family when he started the podcast or had he been living with Amber and Felix at the time?

I think someone itt compared this show to uhh yeah dude. What are the best episodes of that?

Pomplamoose fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Feb 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

I'm not expecting UYD to be exactly like cum town, I'm just looking for a good starting place, especially if their earlier material is better overall. Like if it was the simpsons people would say "seasons 3 through 10" what's a general range, or better yet specific episodes worth listening to?

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

I was listening to Goatee Era Segal and in the middle of the episode Nick does an ad for underwear that sounded real. It sounded like the ads Scott Aukerman does on Comedy Bang Bang where he tries to sound ironic and detached but you can hear the shame in his voice.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

even the underwear company won't print Cum Town
lol

Also on the Seagal episode they mention doing a bit about fake When Harry Met Sally orgasms on a previous episode, which one was that?

edit:

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Nick seems pretty smart. I mean he likes to act dumb and pretend he doesn't care about anything but he's dropping facts and information to add context to discussions all the time. He also cares a lot about comedy as a craft and explains why he'll go a certain direction with a joke or not use certain material in a live setting. Adam acts dumb all the time but he seems to know stuff and has had a lot of unique experiences. Stav just seems dumb.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Stav is like the fat kid that dabbles in bullying in the hopes that the real bullies will leave him alone.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

I never said Stav wasn't funny, I'm just saying he doesn't seem all that smart.

Dinosaurs! posted:

Didn't he say he did exactly that? Or was that Petey DeAbreu?

I may have been thinking of that episode.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Does anyone have a link to the audio of deaf Robert De Niro?

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QbIrUVfhhE

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

I would sign up for their patreon but I don't want the words "cum town" on my credit card statement, do they take bitcoins?

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Give the cum boys all of your money

https://youtu.be/PaXikmzQX_I

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Wasn't there an episode with the regular three plus a female comedian and the whole time they just talk about some UCB guy who was accused of sexual assault and there's no jokes at all? Forget which episode that was but it sucked.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

I wish I was bread.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

hog fat posted:

I'm 21 episodes in and thought I'd post a list of the best moments thus far:

1) the entire rape episode. Nick made some pretty chill points and the woman was pretty composed, too

That's literally the worst episode. There's no jokes in it. And Nick wasn't chill either, it was one of the few times he actually got upset on the show. I mean he wasn't raging mad or anything but it was neither entertaining nor informative, just speculation about the UCB guy.

Unless you mean rape science, in which case, yeah that's one of the best.
https://youtu.be/x1tv-hFjg3A

Pomplamoose fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Apr 14, 2017

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

the whole podcast is irony nothign is real

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRwL5ZMQsa0

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Photos from the latest Problematic writers meeting:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

The Narrator posted:

are any of the funny moms shows worth listening to? i started listening to the first one, got a guy who was using "so, i'm gay" as his opener and kind of tuned out

It gets good when they get to the Puerto Rican comedian (the REAL original Puerto Rican Rattlesnake) and then the cum boys. At the end Nick also describes a really funny idea for a sperm bank that I desperately want them to actually film.

• Locked thread