Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What’s your favorite car manufacturer?
Ford
Chevy
Honda
Toyota
Porche
Hyundai
AMC
SHOOT VISARI
View Results

• Locked thread
Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

You misspelled Porsche by the way. :colbert:

And I know I'm going to keep making so many drat paralells to The Crew while watching this because the base concept is pretty much the same, only difference is that the "plot" (if you can even call it that) has a slightly different theme to it.

If Ubisoft hadn't been such utter morons and made TC unreplayable from the beginning I would have considered LPing it. Almost.

Edit: You probably need to boost your audio levels a little for future videos because the game drowns you out a lot of the time.

Also I'm noticing a reoccuring trend that racing games always have the douchiest or most hipster looking main character. TC's main character looks so insufferable that don't want to do anything but punch his goddamn face in.
They also seem to all have female voice overs that act as your guide.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Nov 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

However, upon consulting with Artix, we have agreed that next time we will turn the game audio up even louder just to make sure there aren't any further issues.

Good to know.

nine-gear crow posted:

I am not dignifying that quite frankly asinine question with a response :colbert:

What he means is "In a couple of videos, don't worry."

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Fish Noise posted:

Excuse you.

My point still stands when the main character looks like this:

Then in contrast you The Crew where the main character looks like this:

Then in TDU2 your character could look something like this:

Granted my sample size is kind of small to really make a decent point but my god to I wanted to punch the TC main character whenever he showed up in cutscenes. Not to mention he was voiced by Troy Baker too which added to things.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Cathode Raymond posted:

Don't forget Jack Rourke from Need for Speed The Run!

He's literally dreaming about a butt in that screen cap. What a mess.

Oh yeah. This just proves my theory even further.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The latest episode of The Grand Tour (aka the new Top Gear) has a very lovely segment with James May about the creation of the Ford GT and the 1966 Le Man race.
He even drives one of the cars that drove in the race. It's worth 15 million pounds today.

• Locked thread